Book Cheap Flights- Save Huge
Lakshadweep, a group of islands in the Laccadive Sea, gets its name from Sanskrit, meaning “one lakh islands”. This union territory of India is an archipelago consisting of 36 islands but only 10 of them are inhabited. The tourist attractions are mostly the sun-kissed beaches, kaleidoscopic beautiful underwater views with colorful coral reefs, and scenic landscapes. There are plenty of cheap flights to lakshadweep. Take that plunge now and make the most out of your trip!
Best Time to Visit Lakshadweep
From mid-October to mid-May is the ideal season to travel to Lakshadweep. The rainy season starts around the month of May and lasts till September. Though the resorts are open all throughout the year, going to the island by ship during time becomes difficult. You can also take a flight if not a ship from Kochi as it is the gateway to Lakhshwadeep.
Top Places to Visit in Lakshadweep
You can explore this place in two days. It is one of the most famous places in Lakshadweep. Known for its exotic coral reefs, striking white sand beaches, and endless reach to the end of the ocean. You can find beautiful luxurious resorts all over the place as tourists love to come here to seek tranquility. Activities you can choose from here are hiking, boat riding, and tuna fishing.
The breathtaking white sand and the mesmerizing sunsets are the reasons people love coming to this part of lakshadweep. If you are a nature lover then this lagoon is for you. Kavaratti offers you paradise. Here you can do activities like snorkeling, scuba diving, kayaking, deep sea diving, hiking, etc.
Due to the airport’s weekly flights from Kochi Airport, this island is one of the most accessible places in the area. The Lagoon beach is a 20-minute drive from the airport. When visiting the Agatti islands, be sure to sample the traditional cuisine and dried or smoked tuna fish. Even vegetarians may find plenty to eat on this island. There are numerous hotels and homestays to pick from. Some of the most well-known Lakshadweep tourist attractions are also located there.
Popular Flight Routes to Lakshadweep
From Kochi, you can take aircraft or ships to get to Lakshadweep Island. The gateway to Lakshadweep is Kochi, for all tourist-related purposes.
The islands of Agatti and Bangaram are accessible by air from Kochi. From Kochi, flights are operated by Indian Airlines. There are connecting flights from Kochi to the majority of airports in India and overseas. Only the island of Agatti has an airstrip. During the fair season, from October to May, boats to Kavaratti and Kadmat are accessible from Agatti. In the event that a helicopter is available, a transfer by helicopter between Agatti and Kavaratti is possible during the monsoon season. The flight takes about one hour and thirty minutes to get from Cochin to Agatti.
Popular Airports in Lakshadweep
- On the island of Agatti, there is only one airport serving Lakshadweep. Six days a week, Air India offers flights from Cochin to Agatti that take one and a half hours to complete. The IATA code is AGX.
When is the best time to book cheap flights to Lakshadweep?
- Our experience tells us that you can find cheap flights to lakshadweep in the winter season, especially in the month of February. The flight tickets cost the most in October, November, and December.
Which Day is the Cheapest Day to Fly to Lakshadweep
- If you book flights on Tuesdays and Wednesdays you can save money.
What Time of the Day is the Cheapest to Fly to Lakshadweep
- Another trick to saving money is to book morning flights rather than evening flights which are costlier.
Top Tips for Finding Cheap Flights to the Lakshadweep
- Round trips: Round trips are going to save you a lot of money. For example, the cheapest round trip from Mumbai is around INR 28,594, and from New Delhi, it is around INR 37,586.
- Off-Season: The largest crowd is in the month of December and that is when you will find the costliest flight tickets. December flights are on an avg 34% more expensive on the other hand February flights are 6% cheaper.
- Set Price Alert: Airline prices frequently rise and fall. Set a price alert to find a cheap flight that will help you save some additional money.
- Know about the cheapest flight date and time: It is important to know about the months when the flight fares are the highest and when they are at the lowest. If you don’t, you will have to pay the price for being ignorant.
Which airlines fly to Lakshadweep?
Alliance Air makes the most trips from Kochi and Lakshadweep.
What is the cheapest flight to Lakshadweep?
The cheapest flight ticket from Kochi is INR 5,638. Round trip from there costs INR 11,215.
How Lowest Flight Fares help you get cheap flights to Lakshadweep?
Lowest Flight Fares give you access to a large selection of flights from which to choose the one that best meets your needs, Fares display discounts from more than 100 airlines.
An alternative mode of transport other than flight?
You can take a ship from Kochi. It takes around 18 – 20 hours to travel by ship. MV Arabian Sea, MV Dweep Setu, MV Kavaratti, MV Bharat Seema, MV Minicoy, MV Lakshadweep Sea, and MV Amindivi Sea are some of the ships that will help you transport.
What is the IATA code of Lakshadweep?
The IATA code for Lakshadweep is AGX
Which day is the cheapest to take a flight?
You can save the most money if you plan ahead and choose days like Tuesday and Wednesday.
What is the cheapest time to fly in a day?
The morning flight is the cheapest flight.
How do you travel to other islands in Lakshadweep?
After getting down at Agatti from Kochi, you can take a ship as transportation to other islands.
How far is Lakshadweep from Kochi?
The distance between Kochi and Lakshadweep is around 496 kms.
What is the nearest airport in Lakshadweep called?
Agatti Aerodrome is the sole airstrip on Lakshadweep island.
Flights from Lakshadweep
- Agatti Island to Indore Flight
- Agatti Island to Lucknow Flight
- Agatti Island to Varanasi Flight
- Agatti Island to Raipur Flight
- Agatti Island to Amritsar Flight
- Agatti Island to Surat Flight
Flights to Lakshadweep
- Ahmedabad to Agatti Island Flight
- Goa to Agatti Island Flight
- Jammu to Agatti Island Flight
- Pune to Agatti Island Flight
- Bhopal to Agatti Island Flight
- Patna to Agatti Island Flight
Airports Near Lakshadweep
- Agatti Airport