Book Cheap Flights- Save Huge
Southwest Airlines (WN)
one of the major airlines of the USA and the world’s largest low-cost carrier, was founded in 1967 as Air Southwest and commenced its operation in 1971. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Southwest Airlines offers scheduled Southwest Airlines flights to several domestic routes within the US and also covers 10 international routes. Being the largest low-cost carrier, Southwest is a popular airline among the passengers in the US, and in 2018, it carried more passengers than any other US airline.
Southwest (WN) offers 25647 flights per week and covers 121 destinations in the USA and 10 additional countries. Moreover, it has a fleet size of 732 aircraft, composed of Boeing. Here is a list of aircraft owned by Southwest (WN):
|Boeing 737 MAX 8||72|
Southwest Airlines Flights Details
|Flights Per Week||Most Popular Destinations|
|25647||Denver International Airport (DEN)|
Popular Southwest Airlines Flights Routes and Destinations
|Origin||Destination||Departure Date||Best Price|
|Los Angeles (LAX)||New York (LGA)||May 16, 2022||USD 490|
|Orlando (MCO)||Denver (DEN)||Jun 12, 2022||USD 362|
|Los Angeles (LAX)||Miami (MIA)||Jul 16, 2022||USD 199|
|Phoenix (PHX)||Ontario (ONT)||Jun 12. 2022||USD 191|
|Oranjestad (AUA)||Miami (MIA)||Aug 14, 2022||USD 319|
|Puerto Vallarta (PVO)||San Francisco (SFO)||Aug, 15. 2022||USD 224|
|Chicago (ORD)||Little Rock (LIT)||Sep 16, 2022||USD 358|
|Cancun (CUN)||New York (LGA)||Nov 20, 2022||USD 250|
|Denver (DEN)||Montego Bay (MBJ)||Oct 25, 2022||USD 377|
|Oakland (OAK)||Long Beach (LGB)||Aug 18, 2022||USD 191|
Top Airports Served by Southwest (WN)
- Denver International Airport
- Los Angeles International Airport (LAX)
- Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport (PHX)
- Oakland International Airport (OAK)
- Orlando International Airport (MCO)
- Queen Beatrix International Airport (AUA)
- Punta Cana International Airport (PUJ)
- Sangster International Airport (MBJ)
- Cancun International Airport (CUN)
- O’Hare International Airport (ORD)
Southwest (WN) Policies & Services
Southwest Airlines constantly updates its cancellation and refund policy to keep it flexible and convenient for passengers. Due to the coronavirus outbreak too, the policy has undergone some specific changes. However, you don’t have to worry about the last-minute cancellation cost with a Southwest Airlines flights reservation. Under the Southwest Airlines cancellation Policy, you can cancel your flight and claim a full refund under the following circumstances:
- All domestic flights require cancellation 5 hours before scheduled departure, and for international routes, the passenger must cancel the flight at least 8 hours before its scheduled departure.
- Passengers who are part of the same reservation need to be canceled simultaneously.
- Southwest offers three kinds of fares- Wanna Get Away, Anytime, and Business Select. Under the southwest cancellation policy, all of them can be used for future travel up to one year from the original date of purchase.
- If the Southwest flight is canceled within 24 hours of booking and if your flight departure is at least 7 days later at the time of reservation, the airline will not charge you any cancellation fee.
- The cancellation fee amount depends on various factors, like- flight route, destination, type of ticket, etc.
- You may have to pay a cancellation fee of USD 50 to USD 200 if the cancellation is made after the 24-hours window.
- Anytime and Business Select fares are fully refundable and reusable. However, want a Get Away fares allow you to reuse the ticket, but it is non-refundable.
- If you cancel the flight within 24-hours and the flight is at least 7days later than the time of booking, you will receive a complete refund, irrespective of the ticket you hold.
- If the passenger falls ill or a close relative dies, the passenger is eligible to get a complete refund.
- If the airline cancels its flight due to technical or climate reasons or denies you boarding, or the flight is delayed by more than a few hours, the passengers are entitled to a refund or compensation.
- If you cancel a Southwest flight booked with fare points, the remaining points will be credited to your account.
The baggage policy varies from airline to airline. Some airlines are very strict about the number of bags one can carry, and some other airlines allow their passengers to carry the essential luggage at some additional cost. If you are traveling with Southwest Airlines (WN), it would be better to know its baggage policy.
Carry-on Baggage Policy
- Southwest allows one carry-on bag and one small personal item.
- The size of the carry-on baggage should not exceed 24”(L)×16”(W)×10”H.
- The personal items include purses, briefcase, cameras, suitcases, food containers, or laptops.
- The size of the personal item should not exceed 16.25”(L)×13.5”(W)×8”(H)
Checked baggage Allowance
|Cabin Class||No of Pieces Allowed||Maximum Dimension||Maximum Weight|
|Business Class||2||62 inches (length+width+height)||50lbs|
|Economy Class||1||62 linear inches/158cm (length+width+height)||50lbs|
Carry-on Baggage for Infants
- Lap babies are not entitled to free baggage allowance.
- Southwest Airlines (WN) will transport your infant’s child seat and stroller free of cost under checked baggage.
- The airlines also recommend the use of car seats to optimize your child’s safety as per the Federation Aviation Administration.
- Southwest welcomes small vaccinated dogs and cats on-board with you on all domestic flights. All pets must be carried in an appropriate carrier.
- Pets are not allowed in Southwest international flights.
- Pets will be welcomed on a first-come, first-served basis. Only six pets are allowed per flight.
While booking a Southwest flight ticket, the passenger must pay for the taxes and charges (if applicable). If the passenger makes some changes in his booking, they may have to pay for the fare difference. For upgraded boarding, USD 40 will be applied, and for unaccompanied minors, the airline will charge USD 50.
Check-in and Verification
Passengers can either choose to check in at the airport or opt for online check-in, which can be done 24-hours before the scheduled departure. You can collect the boarding pass from the SkyCap Podium, ticket counter, or at the airport counter. If you are check-in at the airport, you must come at least 2 hours prior to the scheduled departure.
Southwest Airlines (WN) In-Flight Entertainment
Southwest offers 100% free in-flight entertainment. Passengers can enjoy movies, on-demand tv shows, free texting, free live tv, free music, and in-flight internet at USD 8.
Southwest Airlines (WN) In-Flight Meal
Southwest offers alcohol, sodas, juice, coffee, and snacks on-board if the distance is 176 miles or more. You will be served additional snacks on flights between Hawaii and the US Mainland The airline serves nothing but water for flights covering 175 miles or less.
Passengers booking Southwest Airlines (WN) can visit the official website of the airline https://www.southwest.com/ or call on their customer support number +1 800 435 9792.
Southwest Airlines (WN)- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can I cancel my Southwest Airlines (WN) flight?
Yes, You can easily initiate a cancellation request for the flight booked https://www.southwest.com/, Southwest Airlines contact no +1 800 435 9792, or airport counters within 24 hours from the purchase. The cancellation would be applicable only on the eligible Southwest Airlines flights canceled within the allowed time span.
Can I cancel my Southwest Airlines (WN) reservation for free within 24hours?
If the passenger cancels his/her booking within 24hours from the date of purchase, they do not have to incur any cancellation fee. However, the departure date must be 7 days or more at the time of initiating the cancellation request.
How much does Southwest Airlines (WN) charge for flight cancellation?
The Southwest Airlines flight cancellation fee is USD 50 to USD 200 and would be applicable after 24 hours from the date of booking. However, your eligibility criteria for a refund or credit voucher depends on the fare rules applied to your flight booking.
How to get a refund with a non-refundable ticket?
As per Southwest Airlines cancellation policy, to get a refund for a non-refundable ticket, you must cancel your booking within the specified time. If the passenger fails to initiate the flight booking cancellation within the allotted time frame, then the airline may charge the total ticket fare as a cancellation fee.
How long will it take to get the refund?
The refund is usually initiated within 7-10 working days of Southwest Airlines (WN) flight cancellation.
Do I get a refund if my flight is canceled?
You are eligible for a refund if the airline fails to provide flight service. However, the refund amount depends on cancellation, destination, technical glitch, and many other reasons.
Does Southwest Airlines (WN) Airlines provide wheelchair service to specially-abled passengers?
Yes, Southwest Airlines (WN) offers wheelchair and mobility services from the check-in counters at your departing airport.
Do I need to show any documents while flying with Southwest Airlines (WN)?
For international passengers, visas, passports, and other necessary documents will be required as per the Government guidelines for Southwest Airlines (WN) flights.
Is it safe to travel with Southwest Airlines (WN) during Covid-19?
Southwest Airlines (WN) strictly takes all the necessary measures and follows the Covid-19 guidelines to ensure a safe journey for each passenger. From sanitizing the aircraft after each journey to providing a PPE kit and checking the temperature of each passenger, Southwest Airlines (WN) ensures safe travel.
How to get a refund with a non-refundable ticket?
To get a refund for a non-refundable ticket, you must cancel your booking within the specified time. If the passenger fails to initiate the flight booking cancellation within the allotted time frame, then the airline may charge the total ticket fare as a cancellation fee.
Can I bring my own food?
Yes you can bring your own food and can eat it on the flight. However, you aren’t allowed to drink your own alcoholic beverages on the flight.
Does Southwest Airlines (WN) provide in-flight dining?
Southwest Airlines (WN) provides complimentary food and beverages on all flights, depending on the duration of the journey.
Can I fly when I am pregnant?
Pregnant passengers need to show the medical certificate which should not be 5 days before scheduled flight departure. The medical certificate must state that the passenger is fit to travel.
Where can I check my Southwest Airlines (WN) flight status?
You can simply visit the official website of Southwest Airlines (WN). There you can navigate to the Online check-in box, type your booking id or ticket number and your last name to get all the necessary updates.
Does Southwest Airlines (WN) allow pets on flights?
Yes, you can travel seamlessly with your beloved pet on Southwest Airlines (WN) flights. However, to learn more about the flying with pets guidelines you are advised to visit the official website.
Southwest Airline Popular Airports
Southwest Airlines Popular Routes