Book Cheap Flights- Save Huge
About Air India
Many passengers face a scenario where they have to cancel their flight. But canceling at the last minute or after the risk-free period makes them liable to pay a fee. To counter this situation, airlines have created a change policy, wherein you can make changes and save both the parties some bucks. Similarly, Air India flight change is designed to cater the needs of passengers and offers them a seamless experience. But before making any changes, make sure you read our guide explaining the policy.
Air India is the flag carrier of India and operates from its primary hub at Indira Gandhi International Airport in New Delhi, India. It is the largest carrier in India in terms of the number of destinations served, the number of destinations carried, and the market share. The airline is a Star-alliance member and serves over 102 domestic and international destinations.
Air India Flight Change Policy
Being a prominent airline Air India supports and understands the hurdles and emergencies one can have. Hence, they have ensured that Air India change flight guidelines are flexible and allow the passengers to make alterations as required. Here are some highlights of the policy:
- Passengers can alter the flight schedule as per the Air India change flight policy.
- The policy is only applicable for bookings made via the official website or the customer service number of the airline.
- One can raise the flight / date / name / seat change request within 24 hours of booking to save the service fee. The ticket must have been purchased at least 7 days before departure.
- You will have to bear a penalty charge, if you alter the Air India flight booking beyond the risk-free span.
- Further, the policy also allows modifying the passenger’s name up to 3 characters.
- The Air India ticket change policy covers all fare types, rules, and service classes.
- Significantly, the airline permits only one change per booking and per passenger for both domestic and international flights.
Air India Flight Change Policy for COVID-Positive Passengers
If you’re holding a confirmed 098 ticket on any Air India flight and you (or an immediate family member) test positive for COVID-19, you can:
- Postpone your flight (only once) by up to 30 days without being charged a flight change penalty. However, you must rebook your flight within the same travel class, or you will have to pay the fare difference.
- Claim a No-Show fee waiver if you receive your COVID-19-positive test report within 72 hours before your flight’s departure time.
- To qualify for the COVID-19 travel waiver, you must provide a COVID-positive certificate, dated no more than 15 days before your flight’s departure date. If you’re postponing your flight because an immediate family member tests positive, you must present a COVID-positive certificate plus documentary proof of your relationship with the family member.
- You can only postpone your flight—you can’t cancel it. If you do, you will have to pay the cancellation charges that apply to your fare type.
Air India Flight Change Fee
If a passenger fails to make alterations or any kind of modifications in their Air India flight ticket, then they will have to pay a certain amount of fee, as levied by the airline. Learn more about the change fee from the below given table:
Note: Note Goods and Service Tax (GST) on flight change fee will be charged as depending upon the cabin class:
Economy Class 5%
Business and First Class 12%
|Flight Change Fee
|Zero (till 2 hours prior to departure).
|Zero (till 2 hours prior to departure).
|INR 3,000 (up to 12 hours prior to departure).
|Premium Economy Class
|Zero (till 2 hours prior to departure).
|H, K, Q, V, W, G, L, U
|INR 2,500 or Basic Fare, whichever is lower (till 1 hour prior to departure).
|INR 3,000 (till 12 hours prior to departure).
Steps To Change Air India Flight
You can proceed with Air India’s change flight procedure by visiting the official website. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to make alterations to your flight tickets.
- Go to AirIndia.in.
- Select the Manage Booking option from Manage Your Trip
- Enter your last name and booking reference/PNR or ticket number. Hit the Retrieve Booking button
- Click on Find and select the flight you want to change.
- After choosing your flight, make the changes and confirm them.
- Follow the on-screen prompts and your flight changes will be made.
- You will receive your new e-ticket by email immediately after you pay.
Note: If you purchased your ticket from a travel agency or another source, contact them directly to make flight changes or rebook your flight.
Air India Flight Change Numbers
You can easily proceed with Air India flight change procedure via phone and reach out to the customer support executives at the following numbers:
- India : 0124-2641407 / 020-26231407 / 1860-233-1407
- U.S.A. and Canada : 1888 634 1407 (toll-free)
- Germany : 496925511337 (toll number)
- France : 331 874 06644 (toll number)
- U.K. : 0800 048 9254 (toll-free)
- Singapore : 800 101 4016 (toll-free)
- Australia : 613 701 98270 (toll number)
- Other Countries : + 91-124-2641407 / 20-26231407 (toll number)
Air India Flight Upgrade
The passengers are allowed to make Air India flight change upgrades to Business or First class, and make their excursion even more interesting.
- You can easily upgrade your Economy class flight to Business and First class upon fixed payment.
- The flight upgradation procedure comes with various amenities such as priority boarding, access to airport’s lounges, premium alcohol, and other luxurious amenities.
- The scheme is applicable on all international sectors on flights operated by Air India, departing with Business and/or First Class configuration.
How can I change my flight without a fee?
You can change an Air India flight for free of cost, provided that you do so within 24 hours of booking. After this period, a change fee will be charged.
What is Air India's change policy now?
Air India flight change policy allows you to make changes to your flights from the day of flight booking till 2 hours prior scheduled departure. There will be a change fee charged, depending upon the ticket type.
Can you get a refund if there is a flight change due to Air India's fault?
If a flight is changed due to the airline's fault, then you’re entitled to receive a full refund irrespective of the flight route and the ticket fare type.
How late can you change an Air India flight?
Air India flight change policy allows all ticket fare types to make changes to their flights up to 2 hours prior to their original scheduled departure.
What happens if my new flight costs less than my original flight?
If your new flight costs less than the original flight, then the remaining balance will be credited to your travel funds or refunded back to your original source of payment.
Can I change my ticket, which was purchased from a third-party agent?
Air India Airlines allows you to make flight ticket changes, purchased from a third-party agent. However, you might be asked to pay fare differences if applicable.
Can I change my Air India flight the same day?
Air India only allows same day flight change for First, Business, and Premium Economy Class up to 2 hours prior to the scheduled departure.
Can I make changes in my Air India flight if I am traveling outside India?
Yes you can make changes to all international flights outside India, after paying a change fee of up to INR 3000 depending on the flight route and fare type.
How can I rebook my Air India flight ticket online?
You can rebook your Air India ticket online if you purchased it directly from the official website. To rebook your ticket, you will need to first cancel your flight via Manage Booking, and make a fresh reservation via AirIndia.in.
Can I change a Basic Economy fare ticket?
Yes you can make changes to a Basic Economy fare ticket without paying any change fee, provided that you do so within 24 hours of booking.
Air India Airlines Popular Destinations
Air India Airlines Popular Routes
- Cheap flights from Delhi to Toronto
- Cheap flights from Mumbai to Dubai
- Cheap flights from Kolkata to Los Angeles
- Cheap flights from Mumbai to Miami
- Cheap flights from Delhi to New York
- Cheap flights from Kolkata to San Francisco
- Cheap flights from San Diego to Bengaluru
- Cheap flights from Hyderabad to Chicago
- Cheap flights from Toronto to Delhi