Book Cheap Flights- Save Huge
About British Airways
British Airways (BA)- the flag carrier airline of the United Kingdom, is headquartered in Harmondsworth, London, with its main hubs at London-Heathrow and London-Gatwick. Founded as Aircraft Transport and Travel Limited in 1919 and as British Airways in 1974, it is the second-largest UK based carrier. Furthermore, in 2011, it merged with Iberia. They created the International Airways Group (IAG), the third-largest airline group in the world in terms of revenue and second-largest in Europe. The airline offers 23833 British Airways flights globally.
British Airways (BA) offers 23833 flights per week globally. Hence, it has a large fleet size and operates one of any airline’s largest and most modern fleets. British Airways (BA) fleet size is 253, and it is made out of Boeing and Airbus. Furthermore, the airline covers 160 destinations, including 8 domestic and 24 United States. Here is a list of aircraft owned by British Airways (BA):
British Airways Flights Details
|Flights Per Week||Most Popular Destination|
|23833||Heathrow Airport (LHR), London|
Popular British Airways Flights Routes and Destinations
|Origin||Destination||Departure Date||Best Price|
|London (LHR)||New York (JFK)||Apr 16, 2022||USD 2428.62|
|Delhi (DEL)||London (LHR)||Sep 12, 2022||USD 1751.09|
|Madrid (MAD)||Glasgow (GLA)||Oct 16, 2022||USD 875|
|Toronto (YYZ)||London (LHR)||Mar 12. 2022||USD 1282.56|
|Barcelona (BCN)||Madrid (MAD)||Apr 14, 2022||USD 542|
|New York (JFK)||London (LHR)||Mar, 15. 2022||USD 2582|
|Glasgow (GLA)||Barcelona (BCN)||Feb 16, 2022||USD 562|
|Miami (MIA)||London (LHR)||Nov 20, 2022||USD 2982|
|London (LHR)||Delhi (DEL)||Feb 25, 2022||USD 2751.95|
|Madrid (MAD)||Barcelona (BCN)||Mar 18, 2022||USD 658.89|
Top Airports Served by British Airways (BA)
- Heathrow Airport (LHR)
- Gatwick Airport (LGW)
- Adolfo Suárez Madrid-Barajas Airport (MAD)
- John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK)
- Los Angeles International Airport (LAX)
- Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport (CDG)
- Glasgow Airport (GLA)
- Indira Gandhi International Airport (DEL)
- Toronto Pearson International Airport (YYZ)
- Josep Tarradellas Barcelona El-Prat Airport (BCN)
British Airways (BA) Policies & Services
British Airways (BA) is constantly updating its Cancellation and Refund policy to keep it flexible and convenient for the passengers. You do not have to worry about the last-minute cancellation cost with a British Airways flights reservation. Under the British Airways cancellation policy, you can cancel your flight and claim a full refund under the following conditions:
- As per British Airways 24 hour cancellation policy, the airline offers free cancellation within 24 hours of booking.
- Also, if you cancel your British flight within 24hours of booking, you are eligible for a full refund if your flight’s departure is at least 7 days later at the time of booking.
- You can cancel your flight in case of your or your immediate relative’s sickness or death. However, you have to submit a medical or death certificate to claim any refund.
- If you have somehow lost the ticket, you must provide satisfactory evidence of the loss and must pay an administration fee.
- You are required to pay $100-$500 as a penalty if a ticket cancellation request is made after 24 hours from the booking date.
- The British Airways 24 hour cancellation policy is applicable to both refundable and non-refundable flight tickets irrespective of the destination(domestic or international).
- As per British Airways (BA) flight cancellation refund policy, the passenger is eligible for a refund if the flight is canceled within 24 hours from booking. The refund will be generated back to the original source of the payment.
- You are eligible for a refund if British Airways cancels your flight.
- You are eligible for a refund if your British Airways flight is delayed by 5hours or more.
- The British Airways (BA) flight ticket refund depends upon several factors like a technical glitch, flight cancellation, and many more.
- Passengers affected by the flight cancellation due to severe weather conditions or government travel restrictions can claim a refund, says the British Airways cancellation policy.
The baggage policy of British Airways (BA) allows checked baggage with a dimension of 90×75×43. Furthermore, the airline offers a free hand baggage allowance, and the maximum weight per hand baggage is up to 50lbs.
|Baggage Type||Size Restrictions||Weight allowance|
|Cabin Baggage||56×45×2 cm||50lbs|
Baggage Allowance per Class
|Cabin Class/ Flight||No. of pieces allowed||Baggage allowance||Maximum Size|
|Premium Business||2 piece||70lbs||62 inches|
|Premium Economy||2 piece||50lbs||62 inches|
|Economy Cabin||1 piece||50lbs||62 inches|
Carry-on Baggage for Infants
- If traveling with an infant, the child can check in 2 items without any charges. The items allowed for the child are a fully collapsible pushchair (stroller/buggy), a car or booster seat, a travel cot, or a baby back carrier.
- If you require a seat to be occupied by your baby, you must purchase the ticket.
- Only 2 children per person are allowed on board, and you can carry only one infant in your arms.
British Airways (BA) allows cats, small dogs, birds with valid health and rabies vaccination certificates. It must weigh 22lbs, including the weight of the case. However, they should be kept inside a ventilated, water-proof fabric carrier to comfortably stand and sleep and fit under the seat in front.
In addition, if you are traveling with a service dog, it can travel with you free of charge.
Booking British Airways flights online is free. However, you have to pay a service fee in addition to any changes to the price of your fare in case of any changes in British Airways manage booking.
Check-in and Verification
- British Airways (BA) offers you an online check-in option where you can check your flight departure terminal, print out your boarding pass and e-ticket from the comfort of your home.
- The web check-in opens up 24 hours prior to your departure date. The web check-in rules for this airline are varied by airports and countries.
- Moreover, you can also print your boarding pass at the offline check-in kiosk counter, no later than 45 minutes prior scheduled departure.
- British Airways (BA) in-flight system Omnia offers seatback TV screens on long-haul British Airways flights. All aircraft are equipped with AVOD or Audio Video on Demand.
- For Children on-board, British Airways has a great selection of games and shows.
British Airways (BA) In-flight Meal
- British Airways (BA) in-flight menu includes traditional British dishes, including continental food. A complimentary water bottle and snacks are available for short-haul economy passengers, and the short-haul Business class menu features a full British breakfast, lunch, traditional afternoon tea, and dinner.
- The menu for long-haul flights features desserts, a choice of alcoholic drinks, snacks, and a second meal.
Passengers traveling on a British Airways (BA) flight can call on the customer support number +44 (0)203 250 0145 if you are calling from abroad, 877-767-7970 if you are calling from the USA, and 0800 727 800 if you are calling within the UK or visit the website https://www.britishairways.com/travel/home/public/en_in/ for any query or British Airways manage booking issue.
Can I cancel my British Airways (BA) flight?
Yes, You can easily initiate a cancellation request for the flight booked via https://www.britishairways.com/travel/home/public/en_in/, British Airways (BA) contact no +44 (0)203 250 0145, if you are calling from abroad, 877-767-7970 if you are calling from the USA, and 0800 727 800 if you are calling within the UK, or airport counters within 24 hours from the purchase. The cancellation would be applicable only on the eligible British Airways (BA) flights canceled within the allowed time span.
Can I cancel my British Airways (BA) reservation for free within 24hours?
If the passenger cancels his/her booking within 24hours from the date of purchase, they do not have to incur any cancellation fee. However, the departure date must be 7 days or more at the time of initiating the cancellation request.
How much does British Airways (BA)charge for flight cancellation?
The British Airways (BA) flight cancellation fee is $100 to $500 and would be applicable after 24 hours from the date of booking. However, your eligibility criteria for a refund or credit voucher depending on the fare rules applied to your flight booking.
How to get a refund with a non-refundable ticket?
To get a refund for a non-refundable ticket, you must cancel your booking within 24 hours of booking. If the passenger fails to initiate the flight booking cancellation within the allotted time frame, then the airline may charge the total ticket fare as a cancellation fee.
How long will it take to get the refund?
The refund is usually initiated within 7-10 working days of British Airways (BA)flight cancellation.
Do I get a refund if my flight is canceled?
You are eligible for a refund if the airline fails to provide flight service. However, the refund amount depends on cancellation, destination, technical glitch, and many other reasons.
Can I make a cancellation request on the day of departure?
British Airways (BA) flight cancellation policy allows you to cancel your booking on the same day of departure. You have to pay a cancellation fee, and the amount will depend on ticket class, reason, and many other factors.
Does British Airways (BA) provide wheelchair service to specially-abled passengers?
Yes, British Airways (BA) offers wheelchair and mobility services from the check-in counters at your departing airport.
Do I need to show any documents while flying with British Airways (BA)?
For international passengers, visas, passports, and other necessary documents will be required as per the Government guidelines for British Flights.
Is it safe to travel with British Airways during Covid-19?
British Airways (BA) strictly takes all the necessary measures and follows the Covid-19 guidelines to ensure a safe journey for each passenger. From sanitizing the aircraft after each journey to checking the temperature of each passenger, British Airways ensures safe travel.
Can I bring my own food?
Yes you can bring your own food. However, the container should be sealed perfectly.
Does British Airways provide in-flight dining?
British Airways (BA) provides complimentary food and beverages on all flights, depending on the duration of the journey.
Can I fly when I am pregnant?
Pregnant passengers need to show the medical certificate which should not be 5 days before scheduled flight departure. The medical certificate must state that the passenger is fit to travel.
Where can I check my British Airways flight status?
You can simply visit the official website of British Airways (BA). There you can navigate to the Online check-in box, type your booking id or ticket number and your last name to get all the necessary updates.
Does British Airways allow pets on flights?
Yes, you can travel seamlessly with your beloved pet on British Airways flights. However, to learn more about the flying with pets guidelines you are advised to visit the official website of British Airways.
British Airways (BA) Popular Airports
- London Heathrow Airport Flights
- John F Kennedy International Airport Flights
- Chicago O’hare International Airport Flights
- Dallas Fort Worth International Airport Flights
- London Gatwick Airport Flights
- Philadelphia International Airport Flights
Popular routes of the British Airways (BA)