Book Cheap Flights- Save Huge
Recife is the fourth-largest urban area in Brazil and the capital city of Pernambuco in the northeast corner of South America. Founded in 1537 as the first slave port of the Americas, the city is located at the confluence of the Beberibe and Capibaribe rivers before they flow into the South Atlantic Ocean. To book cheap flights from Chicago to Recife, Brazil, it’s best that you consider the suitable peak season. Avoid the high peak season to save huge on your pocket. The best month to take a flight to Recife, Brazil, in June, where the prices drop at 48% on average. Whereas in January, you can expect a price hike of about 26% on average.
Flights from Chicago to Recife, Brazil
The flight distance from Chicago to Recife, Brazil is about 4809 miles/ 7739km. With extensive research, we have found some best cheap deals for your pocket-friendly travel. Moreover, you will board a flight from O’Hare International Airport(ORD) and land at Recife International Airport(REC).
For Chicago to Recife, Brazil flights, consider flying with Jetblue Airways for USD 454 or less one-way trip and USD 972 or less round-trip. Other Airlines available for this route are- Aeromexico, American Airlines, Copa, Delta, LATAM Airlines Group.
Places to eat in Recife
Being the largest city in Brazil, Recife has various dynamic places for dining. Although it’s chock full of delicacies, here are some best options for chop-chop:
- Camarada Camarão
This place gives a new perspective to shrimp. Really! Whether it’s stewed, fried, or bummed in beer. Moreover, they have some superb seafood varieties too.
- Restaurante Leite
The oldest and most renowned diner in Brazil since 1882, this restaurant serves the authenticity of Brazilian cuisine. Visit here for an iconic traditional meal, and bite in the true flavors of local Recife.
- Chica Pitanga
Chica Pitanga is a bold exception to the popular pay-per-kilo model found right throughout Brazil. By that, we mean the buffet here is incredibly tasty, fresh, creative, and changes every single day. Word of warning, though, there’s a pretty good chance you’ll go back for seconds.
Best Hotels in Recife
- If you’re looking for a luxurious stay in Recife, then go for Ibis Recife Aeroporto. The hotel rooms are magnificent for a comfortable stay-in. Moreover, the hotel amenities include- a shared lounge and bar, which is best for nightlife lovers.
- You’ll love to abode at Grand Mercure Recife Boa Viagem, if you’re looking for a beachside stay. Ideally, the location is in front of the famous Boa Viagem Beach, walking distance from various shopping and entertainment options.
- Here comes an affordable option Rede Andrade LG Inn, where you can save a huge sum on your pocket. In addition, various amenities like an indoor pool, fitness center continental breakfast will make the stay worthwhile.
Things to do in Recife
This beautiful Brazilian city entails many dazzling destinations that are worth your visit. Let’s look at the best of tourism in Recife:
- A sister city just a short drive from Recife, colorful Olinda is famous for its pastel-colored houses and quaint colonial churches. The city’s cultural aura will adore your mood, considering it was declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1982.
- Bumming by the beach is a classic Brazilian pastime, and Recife is undoubtedly no exception. Hang out at the most visited Boa Viagem Beach, the city’s central stretch of sand, surrounded by upmarket restaurants, shops, and bars.
- Are you looking for some traditional shopping items? Then pay a visit to the Casa da Cultura, a stunning artisanal marketplace converted from a notorious prison. Live performances of traditional and contemporary music are standard in the evenings.
What is the best day to fly from Chicago(ORD) to Recife(REC)?
Consider flying to Recife on a Thursday and avoid Friday since it's the most expensive day. While returning to Chicago, consider flying back on a Monday and avoid Saturdays for better flight deals.
What is the flight duration from Chicago to Recife?
The flight duration from Chicago to Recife will be about 16h. So, carry your novel, sleeping pillow, and be ready for a long nap on the flight.
What is Recife, Brazil famous for?
Recife is the second-largest city in Brazil and is famous for its large-scale sugarcane production. The town also portrays historical events of Portuguese colonization.
Do I need a passport to fly from Chicago to Recife?
Yes, you require a valid passport to fly from Chicago to Recife.
Which airports will I be using to fly from Chicago to Recife?
You will board a flight from O’ Hare International Airport(ORD) and land at the Gilberto Freyre International Airport(REC).
Which is the best day to book flights from Chicago(ORD) to Recife(REC)?
While traveling from Chicago to Recife, consider booking flights on Thursdays and avoid booking on Saturdays and Sundays.
Can I cancel my flight booking from Chicago to Recife due to COVID-19?
You can easily cancel your flight booking, although it's best to check in with the airline's policies before moving forward. The cancellation policies vary from airline to airline. Moreover, visit the customer support portal of the particular airline to learn more about the guidelines for your flight from Chicago(ORD) to Recife(REC).
What language do they speak in Recife, Brazil?
The most popular language spoken in Recife, Brazil is Portuguese. From the ancient era, Portuguese has been the most spoken language in Recife.
Can I take flights from Chicago to Recife, Brazil now?
Yes, you can take flights from Chicago to Recife now, but with some travel restrictions. You might be asked to provide the covid-19 negative report taken within three days before departure or a valid vaccination certificate. If you're a non-resident of the U.S., you need to show travel insurance and medical declaration documents on top of your valid passport.
What language do they speak in Recife?
The language spoken in Recife is Portuguese.
Cheap Flights To Chicago
Cheap Flights From Chicago
Airports Near Chicago
- Chicago Executive Airport – PWK
- Midway International Airport – MDW
- Aurora Municipal Airport – AUZ
- Gary Chicago International Airport – GYY
- Bristol Airport – BRS
- Griffith Airport – GFF
Cheap Flights To Recife
Cheap Flights From Recife
- Cheap Flights from Recife to Chicago
- Cheap Flights from Recife to Vancouver
- Cheap Flights from Recife to Toronto
- Cheap Flights from Recife to Bogota
- Cheap Flights from Recife to Boston
- Cheap Flights from Recife to Las Vegas
Airports Near Recife
- Recife/Guararapes–Gilberto Freyre International Airport – REC