Book Cheap Flights- Save Huge
About Air Canada Airlines
Flight booking might be an easy process. But have you ever thought about the scenarios when you have to cancel your flights? Obviously cancellation and other procedures will make you skeptical. Fortunately, to make it easier for the passengers, several airlines are constantly working to upgrade their policies. If you have booked a ticket with Air Canada, then things would be easier for you. However, it’s best to take a full read of Air Canada cancellation and refund policy before planning to cancel your tickets.
Air Canada (AC) is the largest flag carrier airline of Canada. It was founded in 1937, and runs scheduled and charter passenger flights to various destinations of the world. In addition, it’s a founding member of Star Airline Alliance Group and is headquartered in Montreal and Quebec. Currently, it operates in 64 domestic and 158 international destinations of Asia, Africa, the Americas, Europe, and Oceania. It also has a primary hub at Montreal International and Toronto Pearson International Airport.
Air Canada Cancellation Policy
Planning to cancel your Air Canada(AC) flight? Don’t worry! With Air Canada you are fully covered. Whether it’s about canceling a flight right after booking or at the last minute, the airline has an optimum clause for all such cases. Not only is the Air Canada cancellation policy seamless, but also ensures satisfactory and effortless experience to all the passengers. So, check out our guide to find in-depth information about cancellation and refund with Air Canada.
Air Canada 24 Hours Cancellation Policy
Fortunately, the Air Canada 24 hours cancellation policy is applicable on all tickets. This means, if you cancel your flights within 24 hours of booking, you are eligible for full refund. However, it’s best that you check out the following points to avoid any chances of confusion.
- If an Air Canada flight is canceled within 24 hours of booking, then the airline will not charge any cancellation fee.
- To be eligible for the 24 hours cancellation policy, you must have booked your flights at least 7 days prior to the departure date.
- After 24 hours from booking, a cancellation fee is charged, depending upon the type of the tickets.
- The policy is applied to both restricted and unlimited flight rates.
Air Canada Cancellation Policy Due To Covid-19
Amid the outbreak of Covid-19, the airline has upgraded its terms and decided to offer certain amendments. Check these alterations as follows:
- If the passengers want to reschedule their ticket, they can make a rebooking without any extra cost.
- All tickets booked amid the pandemic and canceled will be fully refunded back to their original sources.
- All passengers are entitled to seamless cancellation and full refund, even if the ticket is non-refundable.
Air Canada Cancellation Policy for Refundable and Non-Refundable Tickets
- All the passengers are entitled to a full refund until the risk-free period lasts.
- Passengers with non-refundable tickets, won’t receive any refund after the 24-hours risk-free period.
- You will get a full refund with business, latitude and premium economy ticket fare, irrespective of refundable and non-refundable ticket.
- A penalty will be charged, if you cancel your tickets 2-3 days or a few hours prior to the scheduled departure.
- In case, if flight cancellation occurs due to uncertain natural calamities or due to the airline’s fault, then the passengers will receive full refund or an alternative flight for another day.
Air Canada Cancellation Policy for Different Class
Air Canada cancellation and refund policy varies differently depending upon the ticket fare and cabin class. For more relevant information, check out these points explaining the policy.
Basic Economy Class
- All passengers with base economy tickets are not allowed to make any changes of flight cancellation after 24-hours of booking.
- Since there’s no changes allowed, no such fee rate is applicable on this ticket type.
Standard, Flex, and Comfort Class
- Tickets under standard, flex and comfort class are considered as non-refundable. Hence, it’s best to book a refundable ticket if there might be a chance that you will cancel your flight.
- If you cancel a base fare ticket after the risk-free period, then a cancellation fee of USD 200 will be charged.
- With award ticket fare you can cancel your flights and avail full refund within the risk-free period. However, a cancellation fee will be charged after this time.
- After 24-hours of booking, you will have to pay a fee of USD 150 as per the cancellation policy of Air Canada Airlines.
Latitude, premium Economy, and Business Class
- Tickets under latitude, premium economy and business class are considered as fully refundable tickets. It means you can make changes in your flight booking without paying any extra cost even after the risk-free period, or if you miss your flight.
- All refundable tickets will be fully compensated. However, if the earlier paid fare is invalid for new tickets, you might be required to pay an extra amount.
How to Get Compensation In Case of Flight Delay or Cancellation?
According to Air Canada flight cancellation policy, if your flight gets delayed or canceled due to any natural calamities or because of the airline’s fault, then the passengers are entitled to get compensation depending upon the ticket type and other factors.
- Passengers of all international flights can get a full refund with Air Canada.
- Depending on the type of ticket, passengers can avail a monetary compensation of upto USD 700.
- In case of flight delay/cancellation for more than three hours, the airline will rebook an alternative flight for you.
- If the flight gets delayed for more than three hours and you refuse the alternative flight booking, then the airline will issue a refund as decided by the airline.
- According to the duration and distance of delayed flight, the airline will offer you food, drinks, and accommodation.
If in any case, your flight was delayed / canceled for more than three hours, due to a reason in control of AIr Canada(AC), then monetary compensation will be provided. Here’s how the compensation is allotted:
- USD 317 when flights are delayed for 3-6 hours.
- USD 555 when flights are delayed for 6-9 hours.
- USD 793 when flights are delayed for 9 hours and more.
How to Cancel an Air Canada Flight?
Air Canada cancellation and refund policy allows you to cancel your flights seamlessly. You can cancel either by visiting the airline’s official website or by contacting the customer support. Here’s how you can cancel your Air Canada flights:
Method 1- Cancel Online
- You can simply cancel your flights online from the airline’s official website.
- Open any web browser and visit the Air Canada website’s homepage. Then click on log in or sign up to move further.
- After logging in, add your ticket credentials to manage your booking. If you don’t have an account skip the sign up process and click over to visit the cancellation page.
- After getting on the cancellation page, click on the ‘change or cancel trip’ button.
- Select the passenger segment or flight you would like to cancel.
- Review Air Canada cancellation policy once to avoid any misunderstanding. The next page will direct you to the ‘flight refund cancellation’ entitled by the airline.
- Click on ‘Confirm my cancellation’.
- You will receive a confirmation mail regarding the cancellation.
Method 2- Cancel Over Call
- In this method, you can make a call to customer support of the airline. The toll free number of Air Canada is: +1-844-325-1378.
- If you have any queries regarding the cancellation or refund, you can raise a question in front of the agent.
- Tell the customer support executive, whether you want to make changes or cancel your flight.
- The agent will ask you about the ticket related information, provided during the booking. Provide all relevant information to make the process easier.
- Choose a payment method if you have to pay a cancellation fee for Air Canada flights.
- The airline will send a confirmation mail regarding the cancellation.
Air Canada Cancellation Fee
The passengers are required to pay USD 25- USD 100(as per flight fare) as cancellation fees if a flight is canceled after 24 hours of booking. The cancellation fee also depends on the fare regulations that apply to your booking. If your ticket is eligible for a refund, the airline will initiate the refundable amount within 7-10 days. The airline may also offer you a credit voucher, which will be valid for 365 days from cancellation.
Air Canada Refund Policy
- As per Air Canada cancellation and refund policy the passenger is eligible for refund if the flight is canceled within 24 hours from booking, irrespective of the ticket type.
- The refund will be generated back to the original source of the payment.
- If cancellation is made within 24 hours then the refund will be credited within 10 working days. However, passengers who purchased the ticket via cash or cheque need to wait for 20 to 25 business days.
- The non-refundable tickets are not eligible for any refund after the 24-hours risk-free period is over.
- Passengers who are affected by the flight cancellation due to severe weather conditions or government travel restrictions can claim a refund.
- If you cancel flights three or two days before the scheduled departure, then you are not eligible for refund even with refundable tickets. Instead, the airline has full authority to charge the complete ticket fare as penalty.
How to Get Refund from Air Canada?
There are two ways you can request for a refund- online and offline.
- Visit Air Canada official website.
- Enter your log-in information to sign-in to your account.
- Click the ‘Manage My Booking’ option.
- Enter your cancel booking information.
- Open your canceled ticket.
- Go to the bottom of the respective page, where you will find the ‘Refund’ option.
- Click on it and refill all the required information and apply for the refund.
- Call Air Canada’s customer support number based on your language and region.
- Click on the correct button to talk with an agent.
- Share the required information with Air Canada’s expert agent.
- Request for a refund.
Air Canada Customer Support Number for Cancellation and Refund Policy
There’s a different Air Canada customer support number, depending upon the region. Check out the list of the important phone numbers required to cancel tickets or claim a refund.
- Canada: 18882472262
- North America
United States: 1800 102 8182
Mexico: 52 998 881 1376
- Latin America:
Argentina: 800 345 1540
Brazil: 800 591 8842
Chile: 800 231 100
Colombia: 800 518 9401
Costa Rica: 800 032 0066
Cuba: 52 55 9138 0261
Dominican Republic: 809-200-7962
Ecuador: 1 800 001 415
Guatemala: 502 22 78 6748
Peru: 0800 74 551
Puerto Rico: 1 866 257 0333
Trinidad & Tobago: 1-800-204-0342
Uruguay: 000 405 4615
Venezuela: 800 722 2222
Spain: 900 943 476
Netherlands: 800 669 92222
United Kingdom: 800 669 92222
South Korea: 82-2-3788-0100
Can I get a full refund if I cancel my flight?
Yes, You can get a full refund if you cancel your flight within 24 hours of booking. The cancellation would be applicable on all fares except for Basic and Classic fares, where passengers are not eligible for a refund.
How much is the cancellation fee for Air Canada?
The Air Canada flight cancellation fee is USD 100-USD 500 and would be applicable after 24 hours from the date of booking. However, your eligibility criteria for a refund or credit voucher depends on the fare rules applied to your flight booking.
Does Canceling a flight give you a refund?
The refund policy of Air Canada depends on the type of ticket you purchased. If the ticket meets all the requirements, you will receive an amount as refund.
Can I cancel my Air Canada reservation for free within 24hours?
If the passenger cancels his/her booking within 24hours from the date of purchase, they do not have to incur any cancellation fee. However, the departure date must be 7days or more at the time of initiating the cancellation request.
How to get a refund with a non-refundable ticket?
To get a refund for a non-refundable ticket, you must cancel your booking within the specified time. If the passenger fails to initiate the flight booking cancellation within the allotted time frame, then the airline may charge the total ticket fare as a cancellation fee.
Do I get a refund if my flight is canceled?
You are eligible for a refund if the airline fails to provide flight service. However, the refund amount depends on cancellation, destination, technical glitch, and many other reasons.
Can I make a cancellation request on the day of departure?
Air Canada allows you to cancel your booking on the same day of departure. You have to pay a cancellation fee, and the amount will depend on ticket class, reason, and many other factors.
What are the easiest ways to cancel my Air Canada flight ticket?
You can easily cancel your Air Canada flight by visiting the official website of the airline. You can also call the customer support number or visit the airline counter at the airport.
Is it possible to make flight changes on Air Canada?
Yes, Air Canada allows its passengers to make changes in their bookings depending upon the ticket type.
What will I do if Air Canada cancels my flight?
In case Air Canada cancels your flight or denies you boarding, the airline compensates for the inconvenience.