Book Cheap Flights- Save Huge
About Austrian Airlines
Austrian Air, often known as Austrian, is the flag carrier airline of Austria and is headquartered in Schwechat, Austria. It was founded in 1957 and has a primary hub at Vienna International Airport. In addition, Austrian Airlines (OS) operates in 120 international year-round and seasonal destinations in 55 countries as of now. It is an active member of Star Airline Alliance Group and Austrian Airlines flights successfully serves more than 800 passengers on a daily basis.
The fleet size of Austrian Airlines is 61 and consists of narrow body aircrafts made out of Airbus, ATR, and Embraer.
Let’s find out the list of aircrafts employed for Austrian Airlines(OS):
Austrian Airlines Flight Details
|Flights Per Week
|Most Popular Destination
|Vienna International Airport(VIE)
Popular Austrian Airlines Flight Routes and Destinations
|Oct 25, 2022
|Mar 15, 2022
|Apr 07, 2022
|Apr 23, 2022
|May 12, 2022
|Oct 18, 2022
|Jun 21, 2022
|Jun 05, 2022
|Sep 13, 2022
|May 10, 2022
Top Airports Served by Austrian Airlines
- Vienna Intl Airport (VIE)
- Berlin Brandenburg Airport (BER)
- Frankfurt am Main Airport (FRA)
- Zurich Airport (ZRH)
- Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport (CDG)
- London Heathrow Airport (LHR)
- Milan Malpensa Airport (MXP)
- Warsaw Frederic Chopin Airport (WAW)
- Hamburg Airport (HAM)
- Kastrup Copenhagen Airport (CPH)
- Amsterdam Schiphol Airport (AMS)
- Munich Franz Josef Strauss Airport (MUC)
- Brussels Bruxelles-National Airport (BRU)
- Bucharest Otopeni Intl Airport (OTP)
- Duesseldorf Intl Airport (DUS)
Austrian Airlines Policies & Services
The Austrian Airlines cancellation policy provides flexibility and premium benefits, ensuring a convenient journey for all the passengers. Besides, with Austrian Airlines, you don’t have to worry about the refund or last minute cancellation. Here are some facts to understand the policy better:
- The passengers are eligible to cancel their Austrian Airlines flights only if the booking is made from Austrian Airlines official website or via customer support.
- For bookings made via a third-party agency you are suggested to contact the concerned party only.
- The cancellation is allowed only if the booking is made 7 days prior to the scheduled departure date.
- If the flight is canceled within 24 hours of reservation, then Austrian Airlines will not charge any cancellation fee.
- The Austrian Airlines 24 hour flight cancellation policy is applicable to both refundable and non-refundable flight tickets irrespective of the destination(domestic or international).
- As per Austrian Airlines(OS) flight cancellation refund policy the passenger is eligible for refund if the flight is canceled within 24 hours from booking. The refund will be generated back to the original source of the payment.
- If your ticket is non-refundable, then don’t worry. You are also eligible for a full refund if the ticket is canceled within 24 hours of booking.
- The refund will be credited within 7-10 working days from the day of cancellation. And, in case the payment is delayed, you can get in touch with the airline’s customer support.
- The refund of the Austrian Airlines flights cdepends upon several factors like technical glitch, flight cancellation and many more.
- Passengers who are affected by the flight cancellation due to severe weather conditions or government travel restrictions can claim a refund, says the Austrian Airlines cancellation policy.
- The baggage policy of Austrian Airlines(OS) allows one carry-on baggage and one personal item bag.
- The dimensions for wheeled and non-wheeled bags must not exceed 158cm.
- The personal item bag is considered as the handbag, laptop bag or suitcase which should be of the allowed baggage size to fit in the overhead bin or under the seat in front of you.
Checked Baggage Allowance
Baggage Allowance For Domestic Flights Within Austria
Baggage Allowance For Flights To and From USA
Baggage Allowance For Flights To and From All Other Countries
Carry on baggage for infants
- Austrian Airlines (OS) will transport your infant’s child seat and stroller free of cost under checked baggage. Only one carry-on diaper bag is allowed in the cabin as per the airline’s policy.
- The airlines also recommend the use of car seats to optimize your child’s safety as per the Federation Aviation Administration.
Carry on pets
- Austrian Airlines flights only allows service dogs within the passenger cabin of the aircraft.
- Although earlier emotional support dogs were also allowed, due to some travel restrictions, such pets are no longer part of service dogs according to the airline.
A nominal service fee for Austrian Airlines scheduled flights is charged on flight bookings via the website. However, none at the airport or via third-party agencies.
Check-in & Verification
- Austrian Airlines(OS) offers you an online check-in option via their website and mobile app, from where you can print out your boarding pass, change your seat, and print your flight receipt from the comfort of your home.
- The web check-in opens up for all national and international flights, from 24 hours to 1 hour prior scheduled departure.
- The airline also provides an interactive offline check-in option, where you can print your boarding pass and baggage tag from the self-serving kiosks at the airports from 3 hours to 1 hour prior scheduled departure.
After the check-in process, you need to get your baggage checked at the baggage counter no later than 60 minutes before scheduled departure.
- Austrian Airlines(OS) offers impeccable in-flight entertainment options to all their passengers. You can simply connect with the internet connection of the aircraft and open the gateway of endless entertainment.
- Furthermore, you can also take advantage of the provided personal TV attached on the back of the seats to watch a movie, TV series and cartoons for a full dose of enjoyment.
- Austrian Airlines(OS) provides complimentary food or beverages on all flights(domestic and international).
- The airline provides a whole range of snacks, sweets, beverages, and freshly prepared breakfast, lunch, and dinner to all the passengers, depending upon the flight duration and route of a particular passenger.
Passengers utilizing Austrian Airlines flights can call on their customer support number 1 (800) 843-0002 or visit https://www.austrian.com for any other queries.
Does Austrian Airlines provide wheelchair service to specially-abled passengers?
Yes, Austrian Airlines (OS) offers wheelchair and other mobility services upon request at your departing airport, for those who are unable to ascend the staircase or else.
Do I need to show any documents while flying with Austrian Airlines?
For international passengers, visas, passports, and other necessary documents will be required as per the Government guidelines for Austrian Airlines flights.
Is it safe to travel with Austrian Airlines during Covid-19?
Austrian Airlines(OS) strictly takes all the necessary measures and follows the Covid-19 guidelines to ensure a safe journey for each passenger. From sanitizing the aircraft after each journey to providing a PPE kit and checking the temperature of each passenger, Austrian Airlines ensures safe travel.
How to get a refund with a non-refundable ticket?
To get a refund for a non-refundable ticket, you must cancel your booking within the specified time. If the passenger fails to initiate the flight booking cancellation within the allotted time frame, then the airline may charge the total ticket fare as a cancellation fee.
Can I bring my own food?
Yes you can bring your own food. However, the container should be sealed perfectly.
Do Austrian Airlines provide in-flight dining?
Austrian Airlines(OS) provides complimentary food and beverages to all the passengers, depending upon their flight duration and destination.
Can I fly when I am pregnant?
Pregnant passengers need to show the medical certificate which should not be 5 days before scheduled flight departure. The medical certificate must state that the passenger is fit to travel.
How much does Austrian Airlines charge for flight cancellation?
If you cancel your Austrian Airlines flights within 24 hours from your departure date then a nominal fee of USD 100 to USD 400 will be charged. However, after a 24 hours time frame, a fee of USD 100 to USD 500 will be charged as per Austrian Airlines flight cancellation policy.
Where can I check my Austrian Airlines flight status?
You can simply visit the official website of Austrian Airlines(OS). There you can navigate to the Online check-in box, type your booking id or ticket number and your last name to get all the necessary updates.
Do Austrian Airlines allow pets on flights?
Austrian Airlines(OS) only allows service dogs within the passenger cabin of the aircraft.
Can I cancel my Austrian Airlines flight?
Yes, You can easily initiate a cancellation request for the flight booked via https://www.Austrian.com, Austrian Airlines Call Center, or airport counters within 24 hours from the purchase. The cancellation would be applicable only on the eligible Austrian Airlines flights canceled within the allowed time span.
Can I cancel my Austrian Airlines reservation for free within 24hours?
If the passenger cancels his/her booking within 24hours from the date of purchase, they do not have to incur any cancellation fee. However, the departure date must be 7 days or more at the time of initiating the cancellation request.
How much does Austrian Airlines charge for flight cancellation?
The Austrian Airlines(OS) flight cancellation fee is USD 100 to USD 400 and would be applicable after 24 hours from the date of booking. However, your eligibility criteria for a refund or credit voucher depends on the fare rules applied to your flight booking.
How long will it take to get the refund ?
The refund is usually initiated within 7-10 days of Austrian Airlines flight cancellation.
Do I get a refund if my flight is canceled?
You are eligible for a refund if the airline fails to provide flight service. However, the refund amount depends on cancellation, destination, technical glitch, and many other reasons.
Can I make a cancellation request on the day of departure?
Austrian Airlines flight cancellation policy allows you to cancel your booking on the same day of departure. You have to pay a cancellation fee, and the amount will depend on ticket class, reason, and many other factors.
Austrian Airlines Popular Destinations
Austrian Airlines Popular Routes
- Cheap flights from San Francisco to Auckland
- Cheap flights from Doha to Chicago
- Cheap flights from Miami to Paris
- Cheap flights from Barcelona to New York
- Cheap flights from Abu Dhabi to Adana
- Cheap flights from Las Vegas to Abu Dhabi
- Cheap flights from Kuwait to Istanbul
- Cheap flights from London to Montego Bay
- Cheap flights from Kuala Lumpu to Cairo
- Cancellation & Refund Policy
- Customer Support Number
- Austrian Airlines Flight Status
- Austrian Airlines Baggage Policy
- Austrian Airlines Phone Number
- Austrian Airlines Business Class
- Unaccompanied Minor Policy
- Flight Change Policy
- Check-In Policy