Book Cheap Flights- Save Huge
About Porto Alegre
Porto Alegre is the largest capital city of Rio Grande do Sul, located in southern Brazil. It is located on the eastern banks of the Guaiba River and is home to enormous lakes and oceans that portray the beauty of this city. Before you book flights from Chicago to Porto Alegre, remember the city’s popularity for many talented writers, politicians, artists, and many historical events that make this city magnificent as it’s today. So, here you can expect many versatile talents infused across the city life.
Details about Flights from Chicago to Porto Alegre
The distance from Chicago to Porto Alegre is about 5478 miles / 8815 km. You will board a flight from O’Hare International Airport(ORD) and land at Salgado Filho International Airport(POA).
The best season to plan a vacation to Porto Alegre is August where the price drops to 55%. However, June is the high peak month with a 17% price increase.
For cheap flights from Chicago to Porto Alegre, book your flight with Jetblue Airways for USD 485 or less(a one-way trip) and USD 732 or less(round-trip). You can also avail of other Airlines, namely- Delta, LATAM, Air Canada, Alaska, Copa Airlines, American airlines, and AeroMexico.
Best Places to Dine-in in Porto Alegre
Food is the most important thing when it comes to traveling/ vacationing to a new destination. While different countries have their unique cuisines, Brazil has a blend of exotic cuisines that give every meal a unique taste. Here’s a list of them:
Established in 1981 by a Lebanese family, this restaurant serves long-held traditions and culture recipes and tempting flavors that will melt in your mouth.
An Indian restaurant that serves the best authentic Asian cuisine. The menu features dishes like Tandoori duck and Bollywood prawns that bring traditional culture’s flavors out on the platter.
- Restaurante Gambrinus
This Portuguese restaurant brings a traditional charm back to life with its extensive menu. The dishes like fillet of sole and conger eel sauce, salmon fillet with capers, and shrimp elevate to a level of sophistication.
Best Hotels to stay in Porto Alegre
- Located at the perfect location, Meu Lugar na Cidade Baixa is ideal for your staycation. Quite near to the hotel is a central public market for all your shopping sprees plus the Beira Rio Stadium if you’re a sports fan.
- Another affordable stay in Charmoso JK Perto de tudo, where you can enjoy the simplicity of this city. You can also explore the nearby attractions, including Farroupilha Park, Praia de Belas Shopping Mall.
- For some luxury-filled experience, you can stay at Ibis Porto Alegre Aeroporto and discover the beauty of Porto Alegre from the balcony.
Places to visit in Porto Alegre
- If you enjoy nightlife and want some night-time fun, go to Dirty Old Man for the ultimate entertainment. The menu covers an extensive beer collection that makes this place one of the best night hubs in Porto Alegre.
- Go on a shopping spree at Santander Cultural Complex for all the fun things like retail shopping, art galleries, cafes, and more under one roof.
- Watch your favorite soccer player at Arena do Grêmio while experiencing the very spirit of sports.
- Visit the PUCRS Museum of Science and Technology to explore the world from a scientific perspective.
What is the flight duration from Chicago to Porto Alegre?
The flight duration will be about 13h 12m. There are no direct flights available; hence, the flight will layover at Sao Paulo or Panama City.
Is Porto Alegre worth visiting?
If you're up for cultural discoveries, then Porto Alegre will inspire you to travel bugs. This place has amazing city life both day and night.
Are there any travel restrictions while flying from Chicago to Porto Alegre?
There are no such travel restrictions for Porto Alegre; however, you must carry necessary medical documents like Proof of a negative PCR test taken within the previous 72 hours to comply with the Covid-19 protocol.
Is Porto Alegre expensive?
A single person's estimated monthly costs are USD 445 without rent. Overall, Porto Alegre is 67.53% less expensive than New York.
Which airports will I be using to fly from Chicago to Porto Alegre?
You will board a flight from O’Hare International Airport and land at the Porto Alegre International Airport also known as Salgado Filho.
Can I avail cheap flights from Chicago to Porto Alegre?
Yes, several airlines like Spirit, United, Air Canada, Delta, LATAM offer cheap flight deals to passengers flying from Chicago to Porto Alegre.
Can I cancel my flight booking from Chicago to Porto Alegre due to COVID-19?
You can easily cancel your flight booking, although it's best to check in with the airline's policies first. Moreover, visit the customer support portal to learn more about the guidelines for flight from Chicago(ORD) to Porto Alegre(POA).
Can I take flights from Chicago to Porto Alegre right now?
Yes, you can book the best flight ticket and fly from Chicago to Porto Alegre at the very moment.
How much time do people spend on their vacation from Chicago to Porto Alegre?
The average time spent hanging out in Porto Alegre by passengers from Chicago is five days.
What are the best prices to fly from Chicago to Porto Alegre?
The best prices to fly from Chicago to Porto Alegre are offered by Copa Airlines for USD 148 or less round trip or USD 248 or less one-way trip.
Cheap Flights To Chicago
Cheap Flights From Chicago
Airports Near Chicago
- Chicago Executive Airport – PWK
- Midway International Airport – MDW
- Aurora Municipal Airport – AUZ
- Gary Chicago International Airport – GYY
- Bristol Airport – BRS
- Griffith Airport – GFF
Cheap Flights To Porto Alegre
Cheap Flights From Porto Alegre
- Cheap Flights from Porto Alegre to Vancouver
- Cheap Flights from Porto Alegre to Toronto
- Cheap Flights from Porto Alegre to Bogota
- Cheap Flights from Porto Alegre to Boston
- Cheap Flights from Porto Alegre to Las Vegas
Airports Near Porto Alegre
- Aeropuerto Internacional Salgado Filho – POA