Book Cheap Flights- Save Huge
About Porto Alegre
Porto Alegre, located in the heart of Brazil, lies on the eastern banks of the Guaiba River, where five rivers converge to form the Lagoa dos Patos. Porto Alegre celebrates a famous carnival that’s a part of Brazilian culture from the 1800s. The celebration begins in February or early March. One of the essential personalities, King Momo, receives the keys to the city from the Mayor of Porto Alegre, symbolically governing the carnival during the four days of revelry. When you plan to book flights from Boston to Porto Alegre, don’t forget to come around during these carnival times, and be a part of sterling Brazil.
Flights from Boston to Porto Alegre
The average flight distance from Boston to Porto Alegre takes 14h 9min, around 8298 km. Porto Alegre covers a humid subtropical climate, meaning hottest summers with temperatures reaching up to 40°C, and winters with temperatures around 10-19°C. So, it’s best to visit the city around winter, from June to August. And avoid summer, which takes place from December to February.
The low peak month is June. The high peak months are November, December, and January. Moreover, morning departures are around 43% cheaper than evening ones.
The cheap flights from Boston to Porto Alegre will cost you USD 311 for a one-way trip and USD 602 for a round trip. There are plenty of airline options, including- Jetblue, Delta, United Airlines, American Airlines.
Best Restaurants in Porto Alegre
Food is the most important thing when it comes to traveling/ vacating to a new destination. While different countries have their unique cuisines, Brazil has a blend of some exotic cuisines that give every meal a unique taste. Here’s a list of them:
Established in 1981 by a Lebanese family, this restaurant serves long-held traditions and culture recipes and tempting flavours that will melt in your mouth.
An Indian restaurant that serves the best authentic Asian cuisine. The menu features dishes like Tandoori duck and Bollywood prawns that bring traditional culture’s flavors out on the platter.
- Restaurante Gambrinus
This Portuguese restaurant brings a traditional charm back to life with its extensive menu. The dishes like fillet of sole and conger eel sauce, salmon fillet with capers, and shrimp elevate to a level of sophistication.
Best hotels to stay in Porto Alegre
- Located at the perfect location, Meu Lugar na Cidade Baixa is ideal for your staycation. Quite near to the hotel is a central public market for all your shopping sprees plus the Beira Rio Stadium if you’re a sports fan.
- Another affordable stay in Charmoso JK Perto de tudo, where you can enjoy the simplicity of this city. You can also explore the nearby attractions, including Farroupilha Park, Praia de Belas Shopping Mall.
- For some luxury-filled experience, you can stay at Ibis Porto Alegre Aeroporto and discover the beauty of Porto Alegre from the balcony.
Where to visit in Porto Alegre?
- If you enjoy nightlife and want some night-time fun, go to Dirty Old Man for the ultimate entertainment. The menu covers an extensive beer collection that makes this place one of the best night hubs in Porto Alegre.
- Go on a shopping spree at Santander Cultural Complex for all the fun things like retail shopping, art galleries, cafes and more under one roof.
- Watch your favourite soccer player at Arena do Grêmio while experiencing the very spirit of sports.
- Visit the PUCRS Museum of Science and Technology for exploring the world from a scientific perspective.
Are there any travel restrictions while flying from Boston to Porto Alegre?
There are no such travel restrictions; however, you must carry necessary medical documents like Proof of a negative PCR test taken within the previous 72 hours to comply with the Covid-19 protocol.
What is the best day to fly from Boston to Porto Alegre?
The best day to fly to Porto Alegre is Monday, followed by Tuesday. Avoid Sundays since they are the most expensive days.
Is Porto Alegre expensive?
A single person's estimated monthly costs are USD 445 without rent. Overall, Porto Alegre is 67.53% less expensive than New York.
Which airports will I be using to fly from Boston to Porto Alegre?
You will board a flight from Boston Logan International Airport and land at the Porto Alegre International Airport also known as Salgado Filho.
What is Porto Alegre famous for?
Porto Alegre is widely famous for its historical park and buildings. Tourists love visiting this city because it depicts Brazilian colonization in a spectacular way.
Do I need a passport to travel from Boston to Porto Alegre?
Yes, you require a valid passport to travel from Boston to Porto Alegre.
Can I cancel my flight booking from Boston to Porto Alegre due to COVID-19?
You can easily cancel your flight booking, although it's best to check in with the airline's policies before moving forward. The cancellation policies vary from airline to airline. Moreover, visit the customer support portal of the particular airline to learn more about the guidelines for your flight from Boston(BOS) to Porto Alegre(POA).
Can I travel from Boston to Porto Alegre now?
Yes, you can travel to Porto Alegre(POA), but with some travel restrictions, including the covid-19 negative report taken within three days before departure or a valid vaccination certificate. If you're a non-resident of the U.S., you need to show travel insurance and medical declaration documents on top of your valid passport.
Cheap Flights To Boston
Cheap Flights From Boston
Airports Near Boston
- Logan International Airport – BOS
- Manchester Boston Regional Airport – MHT
- Provincetown Municipal Airport – PVC
- New Bedford Regional Airport – EWB
- Theodore Francis Green State Airport – PVD
Cheap Flights To Porto Alegre
Cheap Flights From Porto Alegre
- Cheap Flights from Porto Alegre to Vancouver
- Cheap Flights from Porto Alegre to Toronto
- Cheap Flights from Porto Alegre to Bogota
- Cheap Flights from Porto Alegre to Boston
- Cheap Flights from Porto Alegre to Las Vegas
Airports Near Porto Alegre
- Aeropuerto Internacional Salgado Filho – POA