Book Cheap Flights- Save Huge
About Southwest Airlines
Southwest Airlines Co. or widely known as Southwest is one of the most popular airlines of the United States, it is famous all over the world for being the largest low-cost carrier in the world. The airline provides many services to their customers thanks to which they can also check their Southwest Flight Status and get all important details about their scheduled flight.
The airline was founded on March 15, 1967 under the name Air Southwest Co. by Herb Kelleher and Rollin King. Furthermore, the airline service to 121 destinations in the United States and 10 more countries.
How to Check Southwest Flight Status?
Have a look at the two methods through which you can keep track of your scheduled flight’s updates:
- Visit the official website of the airline
- Click on flight status.
- Mention the departure and arrival city or its airport code, travel date and flight number.
To check the status of Southwest Airlines flights offline, you can do so at the airport in question. If you are already at the airport and want to check your flight status then you will see the details on the screen and you can also ask the airport staff about it.
How to Check Southwest PNR Status?
- Visit the Southwest Airlines official PNR enquiry page.
- Then enter your confirmation number, passenger first & last name.
- Click the “search” button.
- Then your current flight’s booking status will be displayed on your computer screen.
Southwest Flight Status Description
The schedule of a flight can be altered by the airline at any time for various reasons. In order to avoid feeling hurried, all the passengers can easily look up the time their new flight is scheduled to depart. To make your life as simple as possible, here is a short synopsis of the flight status description in case you are not familiar with it.
- Scheduled – Flight is on time and not yet airborne.
- Delayed – Flight will depart after its scheduled departing time.
- Departed – Flight has left the departure gate but may not be airborne yet.
- In Air – Flight has taken off.
- Diverted – Flight has been diverted to a new destination instead of the original destination.
- Recovery – Flight has departed from the diverted location and enroute the scheduled destination.
- Landed – Flight has landed.
- Arrived – Flight has arrived at its destination gate.
- Canceled – Flight has been canceled.
- No Takeoff Info – The real-time status of the flight is not available. Contact the airline for all the information.
Importance of Southwest Flight Status
One of the many reasons why a world-class airline like Southwest, may reschedule their flights such as a technical glitch, bad weather or any unforeseen situation. The airline is responsible for notifying its passengers about the modifications of their flight so that the passengers will not lose their precious time at the airport waiting for their flight. And it is also suggested to all the passengers that it is very important for them to check the Southwest Flight Status before leaving their house.
How can you check Southwest’ flight status?
There are two ways to check the status of Southwest’ flights. You can either check the status online by visiting their official website or at the airport.
Where can I get the real-time information of my Southwest flight status?
The most reliable way to get the latest information of your Southwest flight status is to search it at the official website of the airline, or at their airport counter.
How can I know if my Southwest flight is on-time or late?
If you are at the airport, you can visit the Southwest counter and ask them the current status of your flight. You can also check it online by visiting the airline’s official website and entering your PNR or route, or flight number.
What if my flight is delayed and the airline didn’t notify me?
Southwest always keeps its passengers informed with its latest status. If somehow the airline doesn’t notify you, and due to which you missed the flight, then you can claim compensation.
What if the airline is unsure of the scheduled departure?
This happens once in a blue moon when the airline is unsure about its flight’s departure. It happens due to a technical glitch, natural calamity, or emergency government guidelines with immediate effect. In such cases, the airline will inform you about the delay. You will be compensated if the flight is 3-hour later than its scheduled departure.
Is flight status information provided on the website of Southwest reliable?
The most reliable way to check the latest updates on your upcoming trip with Southwest is by visiting the airline’s official website. You can also call the Southwest customer support number to get detailed information on your flight status. Furthermore, if you are at the airport, head to the Southwest airport counter and check if there’s any change in your upcoming trip with the airline.
How do I check my Southwest PNR status?
If your booking is confirmed, the airline will issue your PNR, which will appear on your flight ticket.
Can I get the latest information on Southwest flight status on the phone?
You can call the Southwest customer support executive to know the latest information on Southwest flight status. Although it is reliable, it is better to check the latest information on the website or at the airport counter.
Southwest Airlines Popular Destinations
Southwest Airlines Popular Routes
- Cheap flights from Nashville to Los Angeles
- Cheap Flights from Phoenix to Chicago
- Cheap Flights from Phoenix to Las Vegas
- Cheap Flights from Dallas to Denver
- Cheap Flights from Seattle to Phoenix
- Cheap Flights from Denver to Dallas
- Cheap Flights from Tampa to Orlando
- Cheap Flights from Houston to Seattle