Book Cheap Flights- Save Huge
About Allegiant Air
Allegiant Air is a prominent airline of the USA and offers the utmost convenience to all its passengers. Keeping that in mind, it has created an Allegiant Air baggage policy which each passenger must adhere to. But endless scrolling and confusing terminologies sound hefty. Check out the guide below which covers all crucial points to remember for luggage and that too in a simple manner
Allegiant Air is an ultra low-cost airline of America and is headquartered in Summerlin, Nevada. It’s a major airline carrier and fourteenth-largest commercial airline of North America. As of now, the airline operates flights to 129 destinations in the United States. In addition, it was founded in 1997 as WestJet Express and soon after changed its name to Allegiant Air.
Baggage Allowance Policy
Before packing your luggage, it’s best that you learn about the baggage allowance guidelines of the airline. Below mentioned key points of Allegiant Air baggage rule will help you learn about the allowed items in the cabin and in the hold.
- Each passenger is allowed to take one personal item bag for free. However, they will have to purchase the carry-on luggage and checked baggage.
- You can pre-purchase your checked baggage as per your requirement. Make sure your luggage meets the allowed limit.
- Every bag that exceeds the allowed checked baggage limit, will be taken as overweight / oversize baggage and will be subject to a baggage fee.
- You can add additional bags if you want, provided that you add them during the booking process. The additional fee will be applied.
- Your lap child and older children can travel seamlessly with you onboard, provided that you meet the guidelines.
- You are allowed to carry household cats and dogs in the passenger cabin. For the carriage of your pet, it must meet the imposed guidelines.
Carry-on Baggage Allowance
- All passengers are allowed to bring one personal item on board for no charge. Otherwise, if you choose to bring a carry-on bag, Allegiant Air baggage fees will apply.
- Your Personal Item such as a purse, briefcase, or a small backpack, must be stored completely underneath the seat in front of you. The maximum dimensions of this item must not exceed 17.8 x 38.1 x 40.6 cm.
- You can purchase one piece of carry-on bag such as a roll-aboard or garment bag, and it must fit in the overhead bin. The maximum dimensions of this bag must not exceed 22.9 x 35.6 x 55.9 cm.
- A carry-on baggage fee of USD 10 to USD 75 will be applied. The charges will depend wholly on your flight destination and when it is added to your itinerary.
- Airport bag fees of USD 50 will apply to oversized personal items and oversized or excess Carry-on Baggage.
- If your carry-on bag exceeds the above mentioned limit, then it will have to be checked and you will have to pay the applicable charges.
- Each passenger may bring one carry-on bag and one personal item in addition to necessary medical and assistive devices (including strollers), one jacket or coat, a small umbrella, food for consumption en route and/or a diaper bag.
Checked Baggage Allowance
- You can pre-purchase up to 4 Allegiant Air checked baggages, provided that each bag weight does not exceed 40 lbs.
- The maximum size dimension for all wheeled and non-wheeled checked bags must not exceed 203 cm.
- If any luggage exceeds the limit of checked baggage allowance, it will be categorized as overweight / oversize bag.
- You can add extra bags later during the booking process. Additional Allegiant Air baggage fees will apply.
- The total checked baggage allowed in the aircraft is 100 lbs per passenger. If the weight exceeds, it is advised you distribute the weight in 2 / 3 different bags. No bags exceeding 100 lbs will be transported by Allegiant Air.
Overweight and Oversize Baggage Fee
|Overweight bag from 41 to 70 lbs
|Overweight bag from 71 to 100 lbs
|Oversize bag above 203 cm
Allegiant Air Baggage Policy For Infants
- One infant stroller and one infant or child safety seat will be checked at the ticket counter for each fare–paying passengers at no charge.
- Alternately, each fare-paying passenger is allowed to take one stroller and one car seat to the boarding gate. If the stroller or car seat is taken to the gate, it will be “Gate Checked”. This means that it will be stowed in the hold part of the aircraft and can then be picked up at the destination gate.
- In accordance with Allegiant Air baggage policy, whether you take an infant, or a child of age 2 years and above onboard, you are required to show a birth certificate for them.
- Passengers under 14 years old on the date of travel are considered children. Children 14 years and younger must be accompanied by a passenger that is at least 15 years old on the same reservation. Allegiant Air does not offer unaccompanied minor services.
- Each fare-paying passenger traveling with a child may travel with a diaper bag at no extra charge. The diaper bag will not count as the passenger’s personal item or carry-on.
Allegiant Air Pet Policy
- Allegiant accepts live animals/pets (domestic cats and dogs only) in the passenger cabin of the aircraft in a soft-sided carrier.
- A fee does not apply to service animals of passengers with disabilities. For rest all other support pets, a pet carriage fee of USD 50 per segment will be charged, in accordance with Allegiant Air baggage policy.
- The carrier may be no larger than 9”H x 16”W x 19”D & fully close to contain the pet. No more than 2 pets per carrier is allowed.
- The pet must be 8 weeks old and only one pet per passenger is allowed.
- While at the airport terminal and onboard the aircraft, pets must remain completely in the carrier and only be handled by the traveler. If a passenger does not comply, the pet may be denied boarding for future flights.
Allegiant Air Special Baggage Policy
Each piece of sporting equipment will be considered a checked bag with all applicable fees applied per person, per bag, per segment. All Allegiant Air Baggage fees are non-refundable. When in a container acceptable to Allegiant Air’s carrier, the following sporting equipment will be accepted for transport:
- Bowling bag, including ball and shoes
- Golf bag
- Hockey stick
- Hockey equipment
- Fishing tackle box and fishing rod
- Snow ski equipment
- Water ski equipment
- Archery equipment
- Scuba Diving equipment
As per Allegiant Air baggage policy, the following conditions apply to acceptance for carriage in the aircraft passenger cabin of bass violas, cellos, guitars, and other musical instruments, and electronic, computer, and audio/video equipment and parts thereof, whose size prevents such instruments or equipment from being handled as normal carry–on baggage:
- The instrument or equipment must be contained in a case
- A pre-reservation must be made for the instrument at the applicable fare
- The instrument must be secured in the first window seat of a floor–to–ceiling bulkhead. Please note that such seats are limited in availability.
|As Carry-on Bag
|As Checked Bag
|Must be less than 70% alcohol content
|Up to a total of 11 lbs per passenger
|Must be up to 5.5 lbs per passenger
|Lighter / Matches
|1 lighter or 1 pack of matches per passenger
|Lithium battery must be removed and carried in the aircraft cabin with limit of 100 watt hours
|Toiletries and Medicinal Articles
|Quantity total of 2 L per passenger
Capacity of each container must notexceed 500 mL
How early can I check my luggage, if I am traveling with Allegiant Air?
Allegiant Air allows passengers to check in at least 3 hours prior to the scheduled departure of all flights.
How many free checked baggage can I carry with Allegiant Air?
Allegiant Air does not provide free checked baggage. You will have to pre-purchase your luggage during your flight reservation.
What is the Allegiant Air baggage fee?
Allegiant Air charges a baggage fee of up to USD 75 for all carry-on bags, checked bags, excess bags, and overweight/oversize bags.
What should I do if my baggage is delayed or damaged?
If your luggage is delayed or damaged, you can go to the Allegiant Air baggage counter or call customer support to report your issue. If the luggage is damaged/delayed and the airline is responsible, then they will reimburse you.
What is Allegiant Air's baggage policy?
Allegiant Air baggage policy allows you one piece of personal item bag free of cost. Post that, if you take a carry-on bag and checked bags, a baggage fee will be levied.
Can you check more than two bags in Allegiant Air?
Allegiant Air allows every passenger to take up to 4 pre-purchase checked baggage.
How can I pay the Allegiant Air baggage fee?
Allegiant Air allows you to pay your baggage fee both at the airport counter and online via the official website.
Can I carry my pet on the Allegiant Air flight?
Yes, Allegiant Air only allows cats and dogs in the passenger cabin. The pet must be kept in a pet carrier, under its owner's responsibility.
What is Allegiant Air baggage allowance for infants?
As per Allegiant Air baggage policy, infants are allowed to take one diaper bag, car seat, and a stroller without paying any extra charge.
Is Allegiant Air a good airline?
Allegiant Air is one of the top-rated low-cost airlines of the United States. It serves hundreds of happy customers on a daily basis and offers top-notch customer service.