Book Cheap Flights- Save Huge
About Caribbean Airlines
Looking for a flight reschedule or change with Caribbean Airlines? Fortunately, there is a Caribbean flight change system which you can leverage as per your convenience. But with such a system, comes a policy and regulations, which you must read before applying for flight change. To avoid the change fee and unnecessary discrepancies, take a thorough read of our guide explaining the change policy in detail, including the change fee, same-day change and flight upgrade option.
Caribbean Airlines Flight Change Policy
Caribbean is a state-owned airline and flag carrier airline of Trinidad and Tobago, Jamaica, and Guyana. It is headquartered in Piarco and has been running scheduled flights since 2006. It operates in 23 destinations of the Caribbean, North and South America.
Being in business for such a long period, the airline understands the constraints faced by the passengers and they have created a seamless Caribbean Airlines change flight system for all the passengers.
- The flight change policy of Caribbean Airlines says that you can make changes to your flight for free provided that you do so within 24 hours of booking.
- If you’ve booked flights from the official website, then you will have to make changes through the website only.
- If your tickets are booked through a third party agent, then you will have to ask the concerned agent to make changes to your flights. The charges applicable will be decided by the third party only.
- If your new flight costs less than the older one, then the airline will credit the fare difference in your original source of payment.
- If you make changes after the 24 hour window, then a change fee will be levied, depending on various factors and type of the ticket.
- If a flight is changed because of the fault of the airlines then no change fee or any extra cost will be charged. The faults considered by the airline are:
- Inclement weather
- Government laws
- Operational failures
Caribbean Airlines Change Flight Date
- Caribbean Airlines allows only one date change for all passengers, irrespective of the type of the ticket.
- You can make date changes free of cost if you do so within 24 hours of booking. After this period, a date change fee will be charged.
- Date change is not allowed for award and non-refundable tickets. You may speak with the airline’s customer support for the same.
- The date change fee charged for all flight fares is:
|Flights to or from Toronto and Guyana, the Caribbean, Caracas, Suriname
|Flights to or from the USA and Guyana, the Caribbean, Caracas, Suriname
|Flights within Guyana, the Caribbean, Caracas, Suriname
|Flights to or from Trinidad and Tobago
Caribbean Airlines Name Change Policy
- A name change fee will be charged for flights operating to and from North America, South America, and Intra Caribbean.
- There’s a limit of two character changes allowed at a time, so ensure you make changes accordingly.
- The passenger traveling within Guayana, Caracas, Suriname, the Caribbean will need to pay Caribbean Airlines change flight fees based on the types of tickets and routes.
- The name change fee charged for all flight fares is:
|Flights to or from North America, Intra Caribbean, and South America
|Flights within Guyana, the Caribbean, Caracas, Suriname
Steps To Change Caribbean Airlines Flights
You can seamlessly change your Caribbean flights through their official website. Here’s a step by step guide on how to make changes to your flight tickets.
- Go to Caribbean Airlines.com.
- Select My Bookings tab.
- Access your flight booking by entering your ticket credentials like Booking Reference/Ticket Number and Last Name.
- Click on Find and select the flight you want to change.
- After choosing your flight, make the changes and confirm them.
- Caribbean will send you a confirmation over your registered email.
Caribbean Airlines Change Fee
- Caribbean flight change fee is applicable on all flight changes after 24 hours of booking.
- Passengers can make free of cost flight change within 24 hours of booking but only once. If they wish to make another change, then they will have to pay a change irrespective of the 24 hours change window.
- The change fee for name and date changes is different for all fares as mentioned above. But a flight change fee will be $50 for all fares.
Caribbean Airlines Same-Day Flight Change
- Caribbean same-day change policy allows you to make changes to your flight up to 1 hour prior scheduled departure.
- The Biz and Biz flex fare ticketed passengers are allowed to make changes free of cost on the same day of flight departure.
- The Lite, Classic and Flex fare ticketed passengers are entitled to pay a fee and a fare difference, depending upon the route and distance.
- If a passenger didn’t make any changes and fails to board their flight, then the whole ticket price will be charged as a penalty.
Caribbean Airlines Flight Upgrade
Caribbean Airlines allows their passengers to make flight upgrades to Business class, even at the last moment.
- If you have a Economy class ticket, then look for eligibility and enter your credentials on the official website of Caribbean to bid for a class upgrade.
- The flight upgrade will offer you several perks to enjoy such as priority boarding, access to airport’s lounges, premium wines, array of cuisines, and other luxurious amenities.
- Last minute flight upgrades are not available ; hence, if you want an upgrade it’s best that you submit your bid at least 6-7 days prior to the flight departure.
How can I change my flight without a fee?
You can change a Caribbean flight for free of cost, provided that you do so within 24 hours of booking. After this period, a change fee is applicable on basic fares.
What is the Caribbean's change policy now?
Caribbean flight change policy allows you to make changes to your flights from the day of flight booking till 1 hour prior scheduled departure. There will be a change fee of $50 charged for changes made after 24 hours of booking.
Can you get a refund if there is a flight change due to the Caribbean's fault?
If a flight is changed due to the airline's fault, then you’re entitled to receive a full refund irrespective of the flight route and the ticket fare type.
How late can you change a Caribbean flight?
Caribbean flight change policy allows all ticket fare types to make changes to their flights upto 1 hour prior to their original scheduled departure.
What happens if my new flight costs less than my original flight?
If your new flight costs less than the original flight, then the remaining balance will be credited to your travel funds or refunded back to your original source of payment.
Can I change my ticket, which was purchased from a third-party agent?
Caribbean Airlines allows you to make flight ticket changes, purchased from a third-party agent. However, you might be asked to pay fare differences if applicable.
Can I change my Caribbean flight the same day?
You can change your flight the same day as your flight departures. Same-day change is allowed only for all fares. A change fee will be charged for Lite, Classic, and Flex fare tickets.
Can I make changes in my Caribbean flight if I am traveling outside America?
Yes you can make changes to all international flights outside Europe, after paying a change fee, depending on the flight route and distance.
Can I make a name change in my Caribbean flight?
Yes, you can change your name in your Caribbean flight only after following the provided guidelines.
Can I change a Basic Economy fare ticket?
Yes you can make changes to a Basic Economy fare ticket. However, the Caribbean Airlines will charge a change fee for Basic Economy flights changed after 24 hours of booking.