Book Cheap Flights- Save Huge
About Copa Airlines
Travelling with Copa Airlines? The airlines ensure to offer the smoothest flight experience to each customer. With numerous facilities such as easy check-in policy, allows passengers to save their precious time and energy before boarding the flight. Copa Airlines Check-in can be done through various methods which includes both online and offline.
Compania Panamena de Aviacion, S.A popularly known as Copa Airlines is the flag carrier for Panama with a headquarter at Panama City. The airline operates from its main hub at Tocumen International Airport. One of the focus cities of Copa is San Jose de Costa Rica-Juan Santamaria. The airline currently operates on 82 destinations with 97 aircrafts in its fleet.
Copa Check-in Times and Deadlines
Copa offers flexible check-in facilities to customers however, it also has strict deadlines as well to ensure timely service delivery. The airline also advises passengers to adhere to those deadlines to avoid last minute hassle
- You can check-in Copa with the help of web check-in available at the official website of the airline. The check-in starts from 24 hours to 60 minutes before the departure.
- Passengers travelling with baggage should reach the check-in desk at least 90 minutes before departure.
- Passengers should reach the boarding gate at least 45 minutes before the scheduled departure for international flight.
- Also, passengers are advised to reach the boarding gate at least 30 minutes prior to scheduled departure for domestic flight.
Copa Airlines Check-in Methods
The airline has several ways to check-in that offer customers the liberty to choose from. You can either opt for Copa Air check-in or mobile check-in. If you are not tech-savvy then you can check-in at the airport counter as well where the Delta staff will help you check-in.
Online Web Check-in / Mobile Check-in
For online check-in, you can opt for web check-in through the official website of the airlines.
- For International flights check-in starts 24 hours before departure and closes 60 minutes before scheduled departure.
- For domestic flights, check-in starts 24 hours before the departure and closes 60 minutes before departure.
Self-Service Kiosk Check-in
The airline allows passengers to check-in 24 hours prior scheduled departure for Copa flights through self-service kiosks available at the airport. You can also do Copa Air check-in from the Kiosks available at Panama’s leading hotels such as Holiday Inn Clayton Lobby, Hotel El Panama’s main lobby, Radisson Decapolis Hotel as well.
Airport Counter Check-In
If you have spare time, then you can simply check-in at the airport as well. However, it is crucial to reach the airport early to check-in on time before the check-in time lapses.
- For International flights, reach the airport at least 2 hours before the departure and check-in at least 60 minutes before the scheduled departure of the flight. Also, make sure to reach the boarding gates no less than 45 minutes before the boarding begins.
- For flights departing from the US, reach the Copa Airlines check-in counter at least 3 hours before departure.
- For domestic flights from Panama or Columbia, reach the airport at least 60 minutes before the scheduled departure and reach at least 90 minutes before during the holiday season as you might experience a high volume of customers.
- For flights departing from Venezuela, reach the check-in counter at least 4 hours before departure because the check-in counter at the airport closes 2 hours before scheduled departure.
How to Check-in For Copa Airlines
Copa Airlines Online Check-in Method
You can check-in online from 24 hours to 60 minutes prior to scheduled departure for most Copa flights. It is fairly easy to check-in Copa Airlines through the online web check-in method as you just have to access the Copa website.
- Go to official website of Copa Airlines
- Click on the “Web Check-in” tab.
- Insert your reservation number along with e-ticket number and last name or if you are ConnectMiles number, then simply add the account number in designated space.
- Click on the web check-in button.
- Lastly, you will receive a confirmation email regarding check-in on your registered email.
Exception to Web-Check-in
Copa Airlines has certain restrictions when it comes to web check-in. Below mentioned passengers cannot check-in via online method and must check-in directly at the Copa check-in counter at the airport.
- Passengers with unconfirmed booking cannot check-in online.
- Passengers with outstanding payment are also not eligible for a web check-in facility.
- Unaccompanied minors cannot check-in online and must check-in directly at the airport.
- Passengers with special needs have to check-in directly at the airport counter.
- Passengers travelling with pets are not eligible for web check-in and thus have to check-in at the Copa counter.
- Passengers travelling on non-Copa connecting flights also have to check-in at the airport counter.
- Group booking of more than 10 passengers on the same booking are not eligible for web check-in.
Copa Airlines Mobile Check-in
Passengers flying on Copa Airlines can also check-in Copa Air through the mobile app from 24 hours to 60 minutes.
- Download the official Copa Airlines app from the IOS app store.
- Log in to the account and proceed to do check-in to your flight.
- Enter the reservation number, last name, flight number to retrieve the booking.
- Lastly, click on the check-in button to complete the check-in process.
- Download the boarding pass and get it printed later.
Advantages of Mobile Check-in
There are multiple advantages of Copa mobile check-in that offers convenience to every passenger. You can use Copa Airlines Mobile app to track your flight status, search or book flights, review flight details, select desired seats, check-in Copa Airlines, getting boarding passes along with cancelling and modifying flight reservations.
Copa Airlines Airport Check-in
Passengers can request for Copa Airlines check-in at the airport counter or through the self-service Kiosk available at the airport.
- Arrive ahead of your schedule so that you have plenty of time to complete the formalities like check-in, baggage drop, security clearance and boarding,
- Ask the staff present at the Copa Check-in counter to complete your check-in.
- Provide the representative with your reference number, flight number and last name.
- The representative may ask to provide certain travel documents such as passport, visa.
- Lastly, provide your seat preference and any other special request and finish the Copa Airlines Check-in process.
- Collect your boarding pass and proceed to the baggage submission counter.
Copa Airport Check-in Timing for Different Destination
Copa has different airport check-in times depending on departure and destination. Thus, airlines advise passengers to reach the airport ahead of the flight schedule to avoid any last-minute stressful situations.
- For International flights, airport check-in is available 2 hours before the scheduled departure.
- For domestic flights within Panama or Columbia, airport check-in is available 1 hour before departure.
How to Obtain Copa Airlines Boarding Pass?
- Online Check-in : After completing the check-in process, you can download your boarding pass and get it printed.
- Mobile Check-in : After Copa check-in through a mobile app, you don’t have to print your boarding pass; rather you can simply display the mobile screen with a QR code at the boarding gate.
- Airport Kiosk : Follow the screen prompts to check-in for Copa Airlines flight on self-service kiosk. Right after completing check-in, you can print the boarding pass from the Kiosk itself.
- Airport Counter : You can ask to assist you to check-in and subsequently print your boarding pass.
How do I check-in Copa Airlines?
Copa Airlines offers multiple check-in facilities like online check-in with the website or mobile app, self-service Kiosk at the airport or traditional check-in at Copa counter.
What is the Copa Check-in time?
Copa check-in is available from 24 hours to 60 minutes before scheduled departure for both International and domestic flights.
What is the check-in timing for Copa flight departing from Venezuela?
The check-in timing on Venezuela Airport starts 24 hours before the scheduled flight departure. However, it closes 2 hours before departure as well. So, passengers are advised by airlines to reach the airport at least 4 hours prior to their schedule.
What happens if you don’t check-in 24 hours before for Copa flights?
If you don’t check-in within the specified time before the flight, then you may risk losing the desired seat assignment and may have to stand in long queues as well.
Can I use online check-in even if I have baggage ?
Passengers can check-in from the online web check-in and later on directly drop the baggage at the baggage drop counter.
How can I change or select my seat with web check-in?
On online web check-in, you get the option to choose seats, you can either choose seats right there and you can also change seats after check-in as well.
When should I reach the airport to catch my Copa Airlines flight?
For international flights, you should reach the airport at least 3 hours before the scheduled flight departure. If your flight is departing from Venezuela, reach 4 hours before departure to avoid missing out check-in at the airport.
Do I need my e-ticket to check-in?
An international passenger needs to have a print copy of e-ticket and boarding pass to clear the security checks. For domestic flights, passengers can use the mobile boarding pass which has digital QR that can be scanned at the boarding gate.
What is the deadline to drop the luggage before boarding the flight?
Passengers flying with the checked bags must drop their luggage at the airline’s baggage counter at least 90 minutes before the scheduled departure of Copa flight.
Do I have to pay for seats in Copa Airlines ?
Passengers check-in before the check-in deadline can select their desired seats without additional cost. However, in case of a lapse of check-in time, the airline staff will accommodate random seats to passengers.