Book Cheap Flights- Save Huge
About Air Arabia
Flying for the first time with Air Arabia? Then you must learn some basics about the airline before you proceed to board the flight. It is an Emirati low-cost airline operating scheduled services to 170 destinations in the Middle East, North Africa, the Indian subcontinent, Central Asia and Europe. Airline’s main base is Sharjah International Airport. There are also hubs in Ras Al Khaimah and Abu Dhabi and focus cities in Alexandria and Casablanca. Further, in this guide, you will learn everything about Air Arabia baggage policy. Check out the details mentioned below.
Baggage Allowance Policy
Here comes the guidelines explaining the major key points of the Air Arabia baggage rules, which every passenger must adhere to. Make sure you take a thorough read of the following to avoid any chaotic scenarios.
- The airline’s baggage policy says that all the passengers are allowed one piece of hand baggage irrespective of ticket type and destination.
- The checked baggage can be taken after purchase, and the charges will depend upon your flight destination.
- Passengers are also allowed to take excess baggage when required, provided that they request and pay for the same in advance.
- There are a few items prohibited on Air Arabia (G9) aircrafts for the safety of passengers and the plane itself.
- Only falcons are allowed to be carried in the passenger cabin and must be kept in full responsibility of the bird’s owner.
Carry-On Baggage Allowance
The Air Arabia baggage policy offers you a one piece of hand baggage with a weight limit of 22 lbs. Hand baggage allowance per passenger must not exceed the mentioned weight and dimensions should not exceed 55cm x 40cm x 20cm (22in x 16in x 8in), including the handle, pockets and wheels.
Restrictions imposed on the quantities of liquids, gels or pastes transported in your handbag:
- Liquids, gels or pastes must be held in individual containers of a maximum 100ml each.
- All liquid containers meeting the maximum volume of 100ml can be fitted comfortably into a transparent, resealable 1 liter plastic bag measuring 20cm x 20cm.
- The bag must be completely sealed.
- The items must fit comfortably in the bag.
- If you are traveling through the Middle East, these items must be packed in a Secure Tamper-Evident Bag (STEB).
- These restrictions are applied in the departing airports of Europe, Middle East and North Africa. You will be required to dispose of liquids which do not meet the above requirements at airport security stations.
Checked Baggage Allowance
- As per Air Arabia checked baggage policy, each passenger is allowed to take checked luggage depending upon the destinations.
- You are requested to not carry valuable items like money, jewels, electronics, portable computers, medications or business documents in checked luggage. If you ignore this notice, Air Arabia (G9) shall not be liable for any loss or damage.
- You can pre-book checked baggage allowance instantly online or by contacting our call center, visiting the airline’s sales offices.
- The only baggage allowance available for purchase at the airport is for luggage of 44 lbs. Remember that additional weight will be subject to excess baggage rates.
- Maximum weight permitted per individual is 70 lbs with total dimensions of 160 cms, as per the airline’s policy.
- Air Arabia (G9) offers you the opportunity to only pay for the baggage you need. You can select checked baggage weight while booking or modifying your flight as per the destination mentioned below.
Flights operating from the UAE
- 44 lbs in 1 piece: starting from AED 15 / passenger / one way
- 66 lbs in 1 piece : starting from AED 15 / passenger / one way
- 66 lbs total baggage in up to 2 pieces : starting from AED 20 / passenger / one way
- 88 lbs total baggage in up to 2 pieces : starting from AED 20 / passenger / one way
Flights operating from Egypt
- 44 lbs in 1 piece: starting from AED 10 / passenger / one way
- 66 lbs in 1 piece : starting from AED 15/ passenger / one way
- 66 lbs total baggage in up to 2 pieces : starting from AED 18 / passenger / one way
- 88 lbs total baggage in up to 2 pieces : starting from AED 18 / passenger / one way
Flights operating from Morocco
- 33 lbs : starting from AED 95 / passenger / one way
- 44 lbs : starting from AED 115 / passenger / one way
- 66 lbs : starting from AED 205 / passenger / one way
- 88 lbs : starting from AED 301 / passenger / one way
Air Arabia Excess Baggage Policy
- The Air Arabia baggage policy allows passengers to opt for excess baggage, if they wish to carry more luggage than allowed checked baggage.
- It is recommended to pre-book the required excess weight either during booking or using the ‘Manage Booking’ page of the airline’s website. This way you can save up to 90% of the fees, you would have to pay otherwise for last-minute bookings at the airport.
- You can also contact the airline’s call center, sales office or travel partners, to opt for additional weight.
Air Arabia Baggage Rules For Infants
Passengers starting from the age of 3 days old till two years old are considered infants. Such passengers are welcome on the AIr Arabia aircraft, and will be issued boarding free of cost. Here are some conditions for carrying your infant baby:
- As per Air Arabia baggage guidelines, all infants under two years old are entitled to one standard-sized bag (for items an infant may require during the flight).
- Special Air Arabia tickets are provided to passengers under the age of 2. An infant fee will be charged for each infant. To find out the charge please contact the customer support of the airline.
- Baby bassinets are subject to availability and are only available only for front row seated passengers. You are kindly required to book the baby bassinet prior to your flight to maximize the possibility of having this service.
- Please remember that every infant has to be accompanied with one adult for safety reasons.
- Air Arabia will not accept infants below 2 days (48hrs) for travel under any circumstances. Check out the table for more clarity.
|Below 48hrs (2 days)
|Infants will not be accepted under any circumstances.
|From 3rd day to 6th day
|Accepted with a Fit to Fly certificate for Infant or Indemnity form signed by the parent.
|7 days or more
|Accepted without any restriction
Air Arabia Pet Policy
As per Air Arabia baggage rules for pets, passengers are only allowed to carry falcons in the passenger cabin. Here are some conditions you must comply with, in order to carry this bird:
- The reservation must be arranged at least 48 hours prior to the Air Arabia (G9) scheduled flight departure time.
- Passengers with falcon(s) will be allocated seats away from emergency exits towards the rear of the aircraft cabin. The seats will be assigned at the check in counter.
- Falcons are charged three times the normal excess baggage rate.
- More than one falcon per handler requires booking of extra seat(s).
- Maximum two falcons are permitted per extra seat.
- Passengers are not entitled to any additional free baggage allowance for the extra seat purchased for falcons.
Prohibited Items in Baggage
Being a significant airline of the UAE, it makes sure that it offers utmost convenience and safety. To keep the safety of passengers going, the Air Arabia baggage policy prohibits certain items to be carried in handbag or else. Let’s learn about all such goods
- Flammable, non-flammable and poisonous gasses, such as butane, oxygen, propane and aqualung cylinders.
- Flammable liquids and solids, such as lighter or heater fuels, paint and matches
- Poisonous substances such as insecticides, weed killers, arsenic and cyanide.
- Radioactive material, oxidizing materials and organic peroxides.
- Firearms and explosives, such as handguns, automatic weapons, munitions and ammunitions.
- Infectious substances such as bacteria and viruses.
- Corrosives such as mercury, acids, alkalis and wet-cell batteries.
- Cooking oils.
- Striking matches and cigarette lighters.
How early can I check my luggage, if I am traveling with Air Arabia?
Air Arabiaallows passengers to check in at least 3-4 hours prior to the scheduled departure of all flights.
How many free checked baggage can I carry with Air Arabia?
Air Arabia doesn’t allow free checked baggage. You will have to pay a certain fee in order to carry them.
What is the Air Arabia baggage fee?
Air Arabia charges a baggage fee depending upon flight origin / destination.
What should I do if my baggage is delayed or damaged?
If you are at the airport, you can go to the Air Arabia baggage counter and report about the issue. If the luggage is damaged and the airline is responsible, then they will reimburse you.
What is Air Arabia baggage policy ?
Air Arabia baggage policy allows you one piece of hand baggage with a limit of 22 lbs. The checked baggage will incur a fee depending upon the destination.
Can you check more than two bags in Air Arabia?
Air Arabia may allow you up to two checked bags, depending upon the flight destination.
How can I pay the Air Arabia baggage fee?
Air Arabia allows you to pay your baggage fee both at the airport counter and online via the official website.
Can I carry my pet on the Air Arabia flight?
Yes, Air Arabia only allows falcons in the passenger cabin. The pet must be kept in a pet carrier, under its owner's responsibility.
What is Air Arabia baggage allowance for infants?
As per Air Arabia baggage policy, infants are allowed to take one standard-sized diaper bag.
Is Air Arabia a good airline?
Even as a Low-Cost Carrier, Air Arabia is the leading airline in the regions of the Middle East and North Africa. It promises unmatched reliability and great comfort while traveling, besides ensuring great customer services.
Air Arabia Airlines Popular Destinations
Air Arabia Airlines Popular Routes
- Cheap flights from Delhi to Dubai
- Cheap flights from Mumbai to Abu Dhabi
- Cheap flights from Doha to Tehran
- Cheap flights from Kabul to Sharjah
- Cheap flights from Yerevan to Tbilisi
- Cheap flights from Istanbul to Abu Dhabi