Book Cheap Flights- Save Huge
About Hawaiian Airlines
There are many cases in which passengers are forced to cancel their flights. But due to the cancellation policy of an airline, they become entitled to pay a fee. This way both the airline and the passenger face a considerable loss. To counter this situation, there is an Hawaiian Airlines flight change Policy option, applied for the betterment of both the parties. But with such an option, comes a policy and regulations, which you must read before applying for flight change. Below is our guide of the change policy and also the applicability of it for different ticket types.
Hawaiian Flight Change Policy
Hawaiian Airlines is the largest flag carrier of Hawaii and operates a considerable number of flights on a daily basis. Established in 1929, it’s the tenth-largest commercial airline in the United States. Being a significant airline, Hawaiian Airlines understands the constraints faced by the passengers and have created a seamless Hawaiian Airlines change flight system for all the passengers.
- The flight change policy of Hawaiian Airlines allows passengers to make changes to their flights free of cost within 24 hours of booking.
- If your tickets are booked through a third party agent, then you will have to ask the concerned agent to make changes to your flights. The charges applicable will be decided by the third party only.
- If your new flight costs less than the older one, then the airline will credit the fare difference in your original source of payment.
- If you make changes after the 24 hour window, then a change fee will be levied, depending on various factors such as type of the ticket, flight route, reason for change, etc.
- The airline allows the passengers to make changes in their flight till the day of scheduled departure.
Hawaiian Airlines Flight Change For Refundable Tickets
- You can change time, date, and route of a refundable ticket, if you do it within a 24-hours risk-free period.
- If you make the changes after the 24-hour risk-free period, then you will have to pay a fare difference, depending upon the flight route.
- You can make changes to your domestic flight free of charge, till the day of original flight departure as per Hawaiian Airlines flight change policy.
- However, for all international flight routes, a change fee will be charged.
- If you wish to change flight on the day of flight departure, then you will have to pay a change fee and fare difference as applicable.
Hawaiian Airlines Flight Change For Non-Refundable Tickets
- If you make changes in a non-refundable flight, then you will have to pay a change fee, depending upon the flight route and distance.
- A change fee of USD 50-USD 300 will be charged as a change fee, depending upon various factors such as reasons for change, flight route and more.
- Passengers with non-refundable tickets are only allowed to make flight changes till day of departure. Such ticketed passengers cannot make same-day flight changes.
Hawaiian Airlines Flight Change For Basic Fare Ticket
- The Basic Fare tickets under Hawaiian Airlines are non-transferable and non-changeable.
- If you wish to make changes in such flights, it’s best that you cancel and rebook your flights within 24 hours of reservation.
- With rebooking, you won’t be able to choose your seats until the check-in procedure is undertaken.
- Flight upgrades of any kind are not allowed for Basic Fare tickets.
Steps To Change Hawaiian Airlines Flights
You can seamlessly change your Hawaiian Airlines flights through the official website using a smartphone, tablet or Pc. Here’s a step by step guide on how to make changes to your flight.
- Visit Hawaiian Airlines.com from any browser(Safari or Google Chrome)
- Click on the cancel/change tab.
- Add your ticket credentials and hit the search button.
- Choose the flight you want to change.
- Click on Select new flights.
- If you had booked a round-trip, both your departure and return destinations will appear.
- After choosing your flight, make the changes and confirm them.
- Hawaiian Airlines will send you a confirmation over your registered email.
Hawaiian Airlines Flight Change Policy For All Destinations
- North America
The Hawaiian Airlines flight change policy states that all the passengers flying to all the destinations within North America, are allowed to make changes to their flights after paying a change fee of USD 200. A change fee of USD 50 will be charged if you’ve bought tickets with Hawaiian miles.
- For All International Destinations
For all international routes, a flight change fee is charged differently. For changes made to flights from the USA to Japan, a change fee of USD 300 will be charged and USD 50 for flight purchased with Hawaiian miles. For the flight change within neighbor islands, a change fee of USD 30 is charged and USD 30 change fee for bookings through Hawaiian Miles.
Hawaiian Airlines Flight Change Fee
- Hawaiian Airlines flight change fee is applicable for all ticket fares except basic fares; since the basic fare is non-changeable.
- A change fee of USD 50-USD 300 is charged on all international flights changed after 24 hours of booking.
- The fee for flight change from a different country will be applicable in the same currency as per country.
- A change fee is also applicable on all non-refundable flights changed irrespective of the time.
Hawaiian Airlines Same-Day Change
- Hawaiian Airlines same-day change policy states that all passengers with refundable tickets can make changes to their flights on the same-day of flight departure.
- Passengers will have upto 1 hour prior original departure to make changes to their flights.
- If a passenger has already checked-in, then they cannot change their flight reservation to any earlier flights from their original flight departure.
- For same-day changes, passengers can only select the flight of the same route as per their initial booking.
- Passengers will have to pay a change fee and an amount of fare difference if applicable.
Hawaiian Airlines Flight Upgrade
- Passengers with Economy tickets can ask for a flight upgrade either from the airport or via the official website.
- They can upgrade their ticket to Business or First class as per their convenience. Although the upgrade request will be confirmed on the basis of availability.
- This means that with a flight upgrade you will get added perks such as comfortable seats, priority boarding, access to airport’s lounges, premium wines, and other luxurious amenities.
- Flight upgrades are allowed till 24 hours prior departure and a fare difference may be applicable depending upon the route and origin of the flight.
- You can also upgrade your flights with Hawaiian miles by contacting the customer support of the airline. You must make a flight change with miles upto 26 hours prior scheduled departure.
How can I change my flight without a fee?
Hawaiian Airlines doesn’t charge any change fee irrespective of the type of the ticket. You are eligible for full refund with Business Select and Anytime Fare if flight is changed in allotted time. For Wanna Get Away tickets there’s a travel fund provided instead of a refund to be utilized for future use.
What is Hawaiian Airlines's change policy now?
The Hawaiian Airlines modify flight policy allows you to make changes to your flights from the day of flight booking till 1 hour prior scheduled departure. There will be a change fee charged and you might also have to pay a fare difference depending upon the route.
Can you get a refund if there is a flight change due to Hawaiian Airlines's fault?
If a flight is changed due to the airline's fault, then you’re entitled to receive a full refund irrespective of the flight route and ticket fare type.
How late can you change a Hawaiian Airlines flight?
Hawaiian Airlines flight change policy allows refundable tickets to make changes till 1 hour prior scheduled departure and non-refundable tickets to make changes till the day of departure.
What happens if my new flight costs less than my original flight?
If your new flight costs less than the original flight, then the remaining balance will be credited to your travel funds or refunded back to your original source of payment.
Can I change my ticket, which was purchased from a third-party agent?
Hawaiian Airlines allows you to make flight ticket changes, purchased from a third-party agent. However, you might be asked to pay fare differences if applicable.
Can I change my non-refundable Hawaiian Airlines flight?
Yes, you can make flight changes to your Hawaiian Airlines flight after paying a change fee of USD 50-USD 300, depending upon the flight route, distance, and other factors.
Can I make changes in my Hawaiian Airlines flight if I am traveling outside North America?
Yes you can make changes to your flight routes outside North America but will have to pay a change fee of USD 50-USD 300 as applicable.
Can I Change a flight on the same day my flight departs?
Yes, the Hawaiian Airlines flight change policy allows you to make changes to a flight on the same day provided that it’s a refundable ticket. You will also have to pay a change fee / fare difference, whichever applicable.
What happens if I change a Basic Fare ticket?
Hawaiian Airlines doesn’t allow flight changes for Basic Fare tickets. If you wish to make changes, then it’s best to cancel and rebook your tickets within 24 hours of booking.