Book Cheap Flights- Save Huge
About Qatar Airways
Flight booking might be an easy process. But have you ever thought about the scenarios when you have to cancel your flights? Obviously cancellation and other procedures will make you skeptical. Fortunately, to make it easier for the passengers, several airlines are constantly working to upgrade their policies. If you have booked a ticket with Qatar Airways, then things would be easier for you. However, it’s best to take a full read of Qatar Airways cancellation and refund policy before planning to cancel your tickets.
Qatar Airways Company, which is operating as Qatar Airways(QR), is a flag carrier airline of Qatar. It is headquartered in Doha and has been running successfully since November 1993. It has a primary hub at the Hamad International Airport. As of now, it serves 150 destinations across Africa, Europe, Asia, and the Americas.
Qatar Airways Cancellation Policy
Planning to cancel your Qatar Airways(QR) flight? Don’t worry! With Qatar Airways you are fully covered. Whether it’s about canceling a flight right after booking or at the last minute, the airline has an optimum clause for all such cases. Not only is the Qatar Airways cancellation policy seamless, but also ensures satisfactory and effortless experience to all the passengers. So, check out our guide to find in-depth information about cancellation and refund with Qatar Airways.
Qatar Airways 24 Hours Cancellation Policy
Fortunately, the Qatar Airways 24 hours cancellation policy is applicable on all tickets. This means, if you cancel your flights within 24 hours of booking, you are eligible for full refund. However, it’s best that you check out the following points to avoid any chances of confusion.
- If a Qatar Airways flight is canceled within 24 hours of booking, then the airline will not charge any cancellation fee.
- To be eligible for the 24 hours cancellation policy, you must have booked your flights at least 7 days prior to the departure date.
- After 24 hours from booking, a cancellation fee is charged, depending upon the type of the tickets.
- The policy is applied to both restricted and unlimited flight rates.
Qatar Airways Cancellation Policy Due To Covid-19
Amid the outbreak of Covid-19, the airline has upgraded its terms and decided to offer certain amendments. Check these alterations as follows:
- If the passengers want to reschedule their ticket, they can make a rebooking without any extra cost.
- All tickets booked amid the pandemic and canceled will be fully refunded back to their original sources.
- All passengers are entitled to seamless cancellation and full refund, even if the ticket is non-refundable.
Qatar Airways Cancellation Policy for Refundable and Non-Refundable Tickets
- All the passengers are entitled to a full refund until the risk-free period lasts.
- Passengers with non-refundable tickets, won’t receive any refund after the 24-hours risk-free period.
- You will get a full refund with flex ticket fare, irrespective of refundable and non-refundable ticket.
- A penalty will be charged, if you cancel your tickets 2-3 days or a few hours prior to the scheduled departure.
- In case, if flight cancellation occurs due to uncertain natural calamities or due to the airline’s fault, then the passengers will receive full refund or an alternative flight for another day.
Qatar Airways Cancellation Policy for Different Class
Qatar Airways Airlines cancellation and refund policy varies differently depending upon the ticket fare and cabin class. For more relevant information, check out these points explaining the policy.
- The tickets in economy class are non-refundable. Hence, it’s best to book a refundable ticket if there might be a chance that you will cancel your flight.
- If you cancel a non-refundable economy flight after the risk-free period, then a cancellation fee of USD 100-USD 150 will be charged.
- A Qatar Airways business class ticket allows you to make changes to your tickets, provided that you do so within the risk-free period. However, after the 24-hours cancellation period, a cancellation fee will be charged.
- The cancellation fee applicable after 24 hours of booking will be USD 100-USD 150, as per the cancellation policy of Qatar Airways.
- A Qatar Airways first class flight ticket allows you to make changes without paying any extra cost even after the risk-free period, or if you miss your flight.
- All refundable tickets will be fully compensated. However, if the new flight price is higher than the earlier one, then that extra amount might be charged by the airline.
How to Get Compensation In Case of Flight Delay or Cancellation?
According to Qatar Airways(QR) flight cancellation policy, if your flight gets delayed or canceled due to any natural calamities or because of the airline’s fault, then the passengers are entitled to get compensation depending upon the ticket type and other factors.
- Passengers are entitled to compensation, if flights are canceled or delayed due to the airline’s fault, weather conditions or government regulations.
- Depending on the type of ticket, passengers can avail a monetary compensation of upto USD 650.
- With Qatar Airways, you can claim a refund or an alternative flight to another route, as soon as your problem flight gets canceled.
A monetary compensation is provided to passengers depending upon the flight distance and as per the policy of the airline. Here are some insights of the compensation:
|Less than 1500 km
|Between 1500 km and 3500 km
|More than 3500 km
How to Cancel an Qatar Airways Flight?
Qatar Airways(QR) cancellation and refund policy allows you to cancel your flights seamlessly. You can cancel either by visiting the airline’s official website or by contacting the customer support / airport’s ticket office. Here’s how you can cancel your Qatar Airways flights:
Method 1- Cancel Online
- You can simply cancel your flights online from the airline’s official website.
- Open any web browser and visit Qatar Airways website’s homepage. Then click on log in or sign up to move further.
- After logging in, add your ticket credentials to manage your booking. If you don’t have an account skip the sign up process and click over to visit the cancellation page.
- After getting on the cancellation page, click on the ‘change or cancel trip’ button.
- Select the passenger segment or flight you would like to cancel.
- Review Qatar Airways cancellation policy once to avoid any misunderstanding. The next page will direct you to the ‘flight refund cancellation’ entitled by the airline.
- Click on ‘Confirm my cancellation’.
- You will receive a confirmation mail regarding the cancellation.
Method 2- Cancel Over Call
- In this method, you can make a call to customer support of the airline. The toll free number of Qatar Airways is: +974 4023 0000.
- If you have any queries regarding the cancellation or refund, you can raise a question in front of the agent.
- Tell the customer support executive, whether you want to make changes or cancel your flight.
- The agent will ask you about the ticket related information, provided during the booking. Provide all relevant information to make the process easier.
- Choose a payment method if you have to pay a cancellation fee for Qatar Airways flights.
- The airline will send a confirmation mail regarding the cancellation.
Method 3- Cancel at the Airport
- If the online method doesn’t meet your expectations, you can simply make a visit to the airport from where you were to board the flight from.
- Next, head to the Qatar Airways ticket office to talk about the cancellation procedure.
- In this way, you can converse face to face with the agent, ask about your queries and initiate flight cancellation.
- The entitled refund will be credited back to the original source of payment made by the passengers.
Qatar Airways Cancellation Fee
The passengers are required to pay USD 100-USD 150 as cancellation fees if a flight is canceled after 24 hours of booking. The cancellation fee also depends on the fare regulations that apply to your booking. If your ticket is eligible for a refund, the airline will initiate the refundable amount within 10 days. The airline may also offer you a credit voucher, which will be valid for 365 days from cancellation.
Qatar Airways Refund Policy
- As per Qatar Airways Airlines cancellation and refund policy the passenger is eligible for refund if the flight is canceled within 24 hours from booking, irrespective of the ticket type.
- The refund will be generated back to the original source of the payment.
- If cancellation is made within 24 hours then the refund will be credited within 10 working days. However, passengers who purchased the ticket via cash or cheque need to wait for 20 to 25 business days.
- The non-refundable tickets are not eligible for any refund after the 24-hours risk-free period is over.
- Passengers who are affected by the flight cancellation due to severe weather conditions or government travel restrictions can claim a refund.
- If you cancel flights three or two days before the scheduled departure, then you are not eligible for refund even with refundable tickets. Instead, the airline has full authority to charge the complete ticket fare as penalty.
How to Get Refund from Qatar Airways(QR)?
There are two ways you can request for a refund- online and offline.
- Visit Qatar Airways’s official website.
- Enter your log-in information to sign-in to your account.
- Click the ‘Manage My Booking’ option.
- Enter your cancel booking information
- Open your canceled ticket
- Go to the bottom of the respective page, where you will find the ‘Refund’ option
- Click on it and refill all the required information and apply for the refund.
- Call Qatar Airways’s customer support number based on your language and region
- Click on the correct button to talk with an agent
- Share the required information with Qatar Airways’s expert agent
- Request for a refund
Customer Support Number for Cancellation & Refund Related Queries
There’s a different Qatar Airways customer support number, depending upon the region. Check out the list of the important phone numbers required to cancel tickets or claim a refund.
- Qatar: +974 4023 0023
- United States: 800 988 6128
- Canada: 800 747 1652
- Brazil: +55 1151080475
- Netherlands: +31 207994893
- Spain: +34 919142257
- United Kingdom: +44 3309127416
- China: +86 4009949992
- India: +91 95128 72827
Can I get a full refund if I cancel my flight?
Yes, You can get a full refund if you cancel your flight within 24 hours of booking. The cancellation would be applicable on all fares except for Basic and Classic fares, where passengers are not eligible for a refund.
How much is the cancellation fee for Qatar Airways Airways?
The Qatar Airways flight cancellation fee is USD 100-USD 150 and would be applicable after 24 hours from the date of booking. However, your eligibility criteria for a refund or credit voucher depends on the fare rules applied to your flight booking.
Does Canceling a flight give you a refund?
The refund policy of Qatar Airways depends on the type of ticket you purchased. If the ticket meets all the requirements, you will receive an amount as refund.
Can I cancel my Qatar Airways reservation for free within 24hours?
If the passenger cancels his/her booking within 24hours from the date of purchase, they do not have to incur any cancellation fee. However, the departure date must be 7days or more at the time of initiating the cancellation request.
How to get a refund with a non-refundable ticket?
To get a refund for a non-refundable ticket, you must cancel your booking within the specified time. If the passenger fails to initiate the flight booking cancellation within the allotted time frame, then the airline may charge the total ticket fare as a cancellation fee.
Do I get a refund if my flight is canceled?
You are eligible for a refund if the airline fails to provide flight service. However, the refund amount depends on cancellation, destination, technical glitch, and many other reasons.
Can I make a cancellation request on the day of departure?
Qatar Airways allows you to cancel your booking on the same day of departure. You have to pay a cancellation fee, and the amount will depend on ticket class, reason, and many other factors.
What are the easiest ways to cancel my Qatar Airways flight ticket?
You can easily cancel your Qatar Airways flight by visiting the official website of the airline. You can also call the customer support number or visit the airline counter at the airport.
Is it possible to make flight changes in Qatar Airways Airways?
Yes, Qatar Airways allows its passengers to make changes in their bookings depending upon the ticket type.
What will I do if Qatar Airways cancels my flight?
In case Qatar Airways cancels your flight or denies you boarding, the airline compensates for the inconvenience.
Qatar Airways Popular Destinations
Qatar Airways Popular Routes
- Cheap flights from San Francisco to Auckland
- Cheap flights from Doha to Chicago
- Cheap flights from Miami to Paris
- Cheap flights from Barcelona to New York
- Cheap flights from Abu Dhabi to Adana
- Cheap flights from Las Vegas to Abu Dhabi
- Cheap flights from Kuwait to Istanbul
- Cheap flights from London to Montego Bay
- Cheap flights from Kuala Lumpu to Cairo