Book Cheap Flights- Save Huge
About Viva Air Colombia
Flight booking might be an easy process. But have you ever thought about the scenarios when you have to cancel your flights? Obviously cancellation and other procedures will make you skeptical. Fortunately, to make it easier for the passengers, several airlines are constantly working to upgrade their policies. If you have booked a ticket with Viva Air Colombia, then things would be easier for you. However, it’s best to take a full read of Viva Air Colombia cancellation and refund policy before planning to cancel your tickets.
Viva Air Colombia Airlines(VH) is a low cost airline of Colombia and is headquartered in Rionegro, Colombia. It was founded in 2009 and is considered as the third-largest airline of the country. Additionally, the airline has primary hubs at Alfonso Bonilla Aragón International Airport, El Dorado International Airport, and José María Córdova International Airport. It currently serves 30 international destinations and 19 domestic destinations.
Viva Air Colombia Airlines Cancellation Policy
Planning to cancel your Viva Air Colombia(VH) flight? Don’t worry! With Viva Air Colombia you are fully covered. Whether it’s about canceling a flight right after booking or at the last minute, the airline has an optimum clause for all such cases. Not only is the Viva Air Colombia cancellation policy seamless, but also ensures satisfactory and effortless experience to all the passengers. So, check out our guide to find in-depth information about cancellation and refund with Viva Air Colombia.
Viva Air Colombia Airlines 24 Hours Cancellation Policy
Fortunately, the Viva Air Colombia 24 hours cancellation policy is applicable on all tickets. This means, if you cancel your flights within 24 hours of booking, you are eligible for full refund. However, it’s best that you check out the following points to avoid any chances of confusion.
- If a Viva Air Colombia flight is canceled within 24 hours of booking, then the airline will not charge any cancellation fee.
- To be eligible for the 24 hours cancellation policy, you must have booked your flights at least 7 days prior to the departure date.
- After 24 hours from booking, the whole ticket price will be charged as a cancellation fee by the airline.
- The policy is applied to both restricted and unlimited flight rates.
Viva Air Colombia Airlines Cancellation Policy for Refundable and Non-Refundable Tickets
- All tickets of Viva Air Colombia are non-refundable.
- If you make a cancellation within 24 hours of booking, then you will receive a full refund.
- Since all tickets are non-refundable, no refund will be provided after the risk-free period.
- You may get/claim a refund, when you purchase a ‘cancel protection’ with the ticket.
- In case, if flight cancellation occurs due to uncertain natural calamities or due to the airline’s fault, then the passengers will receive full refund or an alternative flight for another day.
Viva Air Colombia Airlines Cancellation Policy for Different Class
Booking flights with this airline means that there is no cabin class category defined. For more relevant information, check out these points explaining the Viva Air Colombia cancellation and refund policy.
- Since there is no predefined cabin class for flights, all the tickets are non-refundable.
- You can make free of cost cancellation within 24-hours of booking provided that your tickets are booked at least 7 days prior to the scheduled departure date.
- After the risk-free period gets over your whole ticket price will be charged as a cancellation fee by the airline.
- If you’re looking for a refund ticket with Viva Air Colombia, then it’s best to purchase a ‘cancel protection’ with your ticket.
- With ‘cancel protection’, you will be able to claim a refund even after the risk-free period.
How to Get Compensation In Case of Flight Delay or Cancellation?
According to Viva Air Colombia flight cancellation policy, if your flight gets delayed or canceled due to any natural calamities or because of the airline’s fault, then the passengers are entitled to get compensation depending upon the ticket type and other factors.
- Passengers are entitled to compensation when the flight is delayed or canceled due to the fault of the airline.
- Depending on the type of ticket, passengers can avail a monetary compensation of upto USD 600.
- If the flight gets delayed for more than three hours, passengers are eligible for meals and drinks corresponding to the waiting time and the time of day, irrespective of type of their ticket.
- If the flight is delayed for six hours or more during the night, or eight hours or more during the day, Viva Air Colombia provides checked-in passengers with hotel accommodation as per requirement.
- If a flight is canceled by the airline, then either it will provide an alternative flight or full refund for the unused tickets.
How to Cancel a Viva Air Colombia Airlines Flight?
Viva Air Colombia cancellation and refund policy allows you to cancel your flights seamlessly. You can cancel either by visiting the airline’s official website or by contacting the customer support / airport’s ticket office. Here’s how you can cancel your Viva Air Colombia flights:
Method 1- Cancel Online
- You can simply cancel your flights online from the airline’s official website.
- Open any web browser and visit the Viva Air Colombia website’s homepage. Then click on log in or sign up to move further.
- After logging in, add your ticket credentials to manage your booking. If you don’t have an account skip the sign up process and click over to visit the cancellation page.
- After getting on the cancellation page, click on the ‘change or cancel trip’ button.
- Select the passenger segment or flight you would like to cancel.
- Review Viva Air Colombia cancellation policy once to avoid any misunderstanding. The next page will direct you to the ‘flight refund cancellation’ entitled by the airline.
- Click on ‘Confirm my cancellation’.
- You will receive a confirmation mail regarding the cancellation.
Method 2- Cancel Over Call
- In this method, you can make a call to customer support of the airline. The toll free number of Viva Air Colombia is: 019005558989.
- If you have any queries regarding the cancellation or refund, you can raise a question in front of the agent.
- Tell the customer support executive, whether you want to make changes or cancel your flight.
- The agent will ask you about the ticket related information, provided during the booking. Provide all relevant information to make the process easier.
- Choose a payment method if you have to pay a cancellation fee for Viva Air Colombia flights.
- The airline will send a confirmation mail regarding the cancellation.
Method 3- Cancel at the Airport
- If the online method doesn’t meet your expectations, you can simply make a visit to the airport from where you were to board the flight from.
- Next, head to the airport’s ticket office to talk about the cancellation procedure.
- In this way, you can converse face to face with the agent, ask about your queries and initiate flight cancellation.
- The entitled refund will be credited back to the original source of payment made by the passengers.
Viva Air Colombia Airlines Cancellation Fee
Viva Air Colombia flights are non-refundable. Hence, if you cancel flights after 24-hours of booking then the whole ticket price will be charged as a cancellation fee. There’s no cabin class categorization; hence all tickets are entitled to penalty. You may purchase ‘cancel protection’ with the ticket to claim a refund.
Viva Air Colombia Airlines Refund Policy
- As per Viva Air Colombia cancellation and refund policy the passenger is eligible for refund if the flight is canceled within 24 hours from booking, irrespective of the ticket type.
- The refund will be generated back to the original source of the payment.
- If cancellation is made within 24 hours then the refund will be credited within 7-10 working days. However, passengers who purchased the ticket via cash or cheque need to wait for 20 to 25 business days.
- The non-refundable tickets are not eligible for any refund after the 24-hours risk-free period is over.
- Passengers who are affected by the flight cancellation due to severe weather conditions or government travel restrictions can claim a refund.
- If you cancel flights three or two days before the scheduled departure, then you are not eligible for refund even with refundable tickets. Instead, the airline has full authority to charge the complete ticket fare as penalty.
How to Get Refund from Viva Air Colombia Airlines?
There are two ways you can request for a refund- online and offline.
- Visit Viva Air Colombia’s official website.
- Enter your log-in information to sign-in to your account.
- Click the ‘Manage My Booking’ option.
- Enter your cancel booking information
- Open your canceled ticket
- Go to the bottom of the respective page, where you will find the ‘Refund’ option
- Click on it and refill all the required information and apply for the refund.
- Call Viva Air Colombia’s customer support number based on your language and region
- Click on the correct button to talk with an agent
- Share the required information with Viva Air Colombia’s expert agent
- Request for a refund
Viva Air Colombia Airlines Customer Support Number for Cancellation and Refund Related Queries
There’s a different Viva Air Colombia customer support number, depending upon the region. Check out the list of the important phone numbers required to cancel tickets or claim a refund.
- Colombia: 019005558989
- North America
United States: 8556520600
- Latin America
Punta Cana: 18299548019
Bucaramanga: (7) 6973444
Cartagena: (5) 6937777
San Andres Island: 3176980871
Peru: (6) 3401001
Can I get a full refund if I cancel my flight?
Yes, You can get a full refund if you cancel your flight within 24 hours of booking. The cancellation would be applicable on all fares except for Basic and Classic fares, where passengers are not eligible for a refund.
How much is the cancellation fee for Viva Air Colombia?
Viva Air Colombia charges the whole ticket price as cancellation fee, if you cancel flights after 24 hours of booking. However, if you cancel within the allotted time frame, then no fee will be charged.
Does Canceling a flight give you a refund?
The refund policy of Viva Air Colombia depends on the type of ticket you purchased. If the ticket meets all the requirements, you will receive an amount as refund.
Can I cancel my Viva Air Colombia reservation for free within 24hours?
If the passenger cancels his/her booking within 24hours from the date of purchase, they do not have to incur any cancellation fee. However, the departure date must be 7days or more at the time of initiating the cancellation request.
How to get a refund with a non-refundable ticket?
All tickets of Viva Air Colombia are non-refundable. But you can get a refundable ticket with ‘cancel protection’ to claim refund on flights.
Do I get a refund if my flight is canceled?
You are eligible for a refund if the airline fails to provide flight service. However, the refund amount depends on cancellation, destination, technical glitch, and many other reasons.
Can I make a cancellation request on the day of departure?
Viva Air Colombia allows you to cancel your booking on the same day of departure. Your whole ticket price will be charged as a cancellation fee.
What are the easiest ways to cancel my Viva Air Colombia flight ticket?
You can easily cancel your Viva Air Colombia flight by visiting the official website of the airline. You can also call the customer support number or visit the airline counter at the airport.
Is it possible to make flight changes on Viva Air Colombia?
Yes, Viva Air Colombia allows its passengers to make changes in their bookings depending upon the ticket type.
What will I do if Viva Air Colombia cancels my flight?
In case Viva Air Colombia cancels your flight or denies you boarding, the airline compensates for the inconvenience.