Book Cheap Flights- Save Huge
About Aeromexico Airlines
Planning to fly with AeroMexico? Then it’s crucial for you to know everything from cancellation and flight status to baggage allowance. Before traveling with this airline, take a read of our guide on AeroMexico baggage policy and avoid any unnecessary charges or chaos.
AeroMexico (AM), originally known as Aerovías de México, S.A. de C.V. is a flag carrier airline of Mexico. It was founded in 1934 and is headquartered in Mexico City. Currently it serves more than 90 destinations in Mexico, the Caribbean, North, South, and Central America, Asia, and Europe.
Baggage Allowance Policy
Here are some highlights of the AeroMexico baggage allowance which you must remember before checking in your luggage at the concerned airport. Make sure you consider all the charges and equipment allowed in the carriage.
- The baggage allowance depends entirely on the route and your ticket type. Baggage allowed for domestic destinations will be equal to international routes for all fares.
- Each passenger is allowed one carry-on baggage along with one personal item bag.
- For all checked baggage that exceeds the limit of checked baggage allowance will incur a fee.
- If you wish to carry extra baggage, then you will have to pay extra baggage fees as levied by the airline.
Carry-On Baggage Allowance
- A carry-on bag and personal item bag are included with your AeroMexico (AM) ticket. Together, these must weigh no more than 22 lbs for Basic Fare and 33 lbs for Classic, AM Plus and Clase Premier fares on flights within Mexico.
- The maximum carry-on baggage allowed on international flights is 22 lb for all fares.
- The wheeled or wheelless bags must not exceed the dimensions of 55 cm x 40 cm x 25 cm.
- The personal item bag is considered as the handbag, laptop bag or suitcase which should fit in the overhead bin or under the seat in front of you.
- If your carry-on bag or personal item does not meet the maximum allowed amount and size, they will be considered as check-in or excess baggage and will carry an additional cost, depending on your fare.
Other personal items accepted in the cabin
In addition to the personal items mentioned above, the following items are also accepted in the cabin:
- Jackets or raincoats
- A bag containing items purchased in the duty-free area
- Rest-related items such as travel pillows and blankets
- Electronics such as cameras, computers, headphones, e-books, etc.
- Medical devices
Note: All of these items must meet the established dimensions to qualify as personal items; otherwise, they will be deemed additional baggage and charged according to the fare purchased with your ticket.
Restrictions to carry powders and liquids
Before boarding your flight, please bear in mind that both liquids and powder-based substances have restrictions as per AeroMexico baggage policy. They are as follows:
Carry-on baggage may contain nonflammable fluids whose packaging does not exceed 100 ml per unit and 1 liter altogether.
Powder-based substances are allowed in your carry-on baggage if they do not exceed 350 mg (12 oz).
Acceptable powder-based substances include
- Prescription medications
- Human remains (ashes)
- baby formula
- TSA has mandated that carry-on baggage may not include powder-based substances (food, talcum powder, medications, etc.) in open containers of 350 ml (12 oz) or more in flights entering the US.
Please Note: Only baby formula will be allowed in open containers like baby bottles or measuring devices, which must contain no more than 350 ml (12 oz).
More restricted and forbidden items in Carry-on Bag
For your own safety and that of your fellow passengers, some items are not allowed in the cabin. Before you board your flight, check the guidelines for the following items:
- Any size rechargeable and non-rechargeable lithium or lithium-ion batteries. These may also be found in some *MacBook Pro 15” models sold between September 2015 and February 2017.
- Liquid-battery-powered wheelchairs.
- Smart bags will be allowed on board only if they have removable batteries.
Passengers flying from and into China
As ordered by authorities, no electric or gas lighters are allowed in carry-on or check-in baggage.
Checked Baggage Allowance
- Depending on the fare, passengers on domestic flights (Mexico) and international flights can carry one piece of luggage up to 55 lbs per passenger. In both cases, the maximum surface area of each piece of AeroMexico checked baggage is 158 cm / 62 inches.
- Do not pack valuables like money, jewels, electronics, portable computers, medications or business documents. If you ignore this notice, Aeromexico (AM) shall not be liable for any loss or damage.
- Bear in mind that all fragile items are checked in at the passenger’s own risk, as per AeroMexico baggage policy.
AeroMexico Domestic Baggage Policy
Main Cabin Baggage
|Fare Type||Baggage Allowance|
|Basic Fare||Choice to pay for 44 lbs or 55 lbs|
|Classic and Classic Flex Fare||Choice to pay for 44 lbs or 55 lbs|
|AM and AM Plus Flex Fare||1 piece, 55 lbs max|
Premier Class Baggage
|Fare Type||Baggage Allowance|
|Premier Light and Premier Light Flex||2 pieces, 70 lbs max|
|Premier and Premier Flex||2 pieces, 70 lbs max|
|Premier One and Premier One Flex||Not applicable|
AeroMexico International Baggage Policy
Main Cabin Baggage
|Region||Basic Fare||Classic and Classic Flex Fare||AM and AM Plus Flex Fare|
|EUA||Choice to pay for 55 lbs||Choice to pay for 55 lbs||Choice to pay for 55 lbs|
|Canada||Choice to pay for 55 lbs||Choice to pay for 55 lbs||Choice to pay for 55 lbs|
|Central America||Choice to pay for 55 lbs||Choice to pay for 55 lbs||1 piece, 55 lbs max|
|South America||Choice to pay for 55 lbs||Choice to pay for 55 lbs||1 piece, 55 lbs max|
|Europe||Choice to pay for 55 lbs||1 piece, 55 lbs max||1 piece, 55 lbs max|
|Asia||Not Applicable||2 pieces, 55 lbs max||2 pieces, 55 lbs max|
|Central America | Caribbean | South America to EUA||Choice to pay for 55 lbs||Choice to pay for 55 lbs||1 piece 55 lbs max|
|Central America | Caribbean | South America | EUA | Canada to Europe||Choice to pay for 55 lbs||1 piece, 55 lbs max||1 piece, 55 lbs max|
Premier Class Baggage
|Region||Premier Light and Premier Light Flex||Premier and Premier Flex||Premier One and Premier One Flex|
|EUA||Not Applicable||2 pieces, 70 lbs max||2 pieces, 70 lbs max|
|Canada||Not Applicable||2 pieces, 70 lbs max||Not Applicable|
|Central America||Not Applicable||2 pieces, 70 lbs max||Not Applicable|
|South America||Not Applicable||2 pieces, 70 lbs max||Not Applicable|
|Europe||Not Applicable||Not Applicable||2 pieces, 70 lbs max|
|Asia||Not Applicable||Not Applicable||2 pieces, 70 lbs max|
|Central America | Caribbean | South America to EUA||Not Applicable||2 pieces, 70 lbs max||2 pieces, 70 lbs max|
|Central America | Caribbean | South America | EUA | Canada to Europe||Not Applicable||2 pieces, 70 lbs max||2 pieces, 70 lbs max|
AeroMexico Excess Baggage
The AeroMexico baggage rule says that passengers can carry excess baggage when required and is applicable for all fares. However, you will have to pay a certain charge that depends on your flight route and ticket type.
Basic Fare Baggage
|Origin/Destination||Cost per piece when you purchase your flight||Cost per piece during the Check-in period|
|Flights within Mexico (Carry-on baggage)||Up to 11 lbs extra = 300 MXN||Up to 11 lbs extra = 500 MXN|
|Flights within Mexico (Checked baggage up to 44 lbs )||First piece up to 44 lbs = 800 MXN2nd piece up to 44 lbs = 1,350 MXN3 – 4 pieces up to 44 lbs = 2,950 MXN5 – 7 pieces up to 44 lbs = 4,800 MXN||First piece up to 44 lbs = $1,335 MXN2nd piece up to 44 lbs = $1,600 MXN3 – 4 pieces up to 44 lbs = $3,500 MXN5 – 7 pieces up to 44 lbs = $5,350 MXN|
|Flights within Mexico (Checked baggage up to 55 lbs )||First piece up to 55 lbs = 1,000 MXN2nd piece up to 55 lbs = 1,550 MXN3 – 4 pieces up to 55 lbs = 3,150 MXN5 – 7 pieces up to 55 lbs = 5,000 MXN||First piece up to 55 lbs = $1,535 MXN2nd piece up to 55 lbs = $1,800 MXN3 – 4 pieces up to 55 lbs = $3,700 MXN5 – 7 pieces up to 55 lbs = $5,550 MXN|
Classic, AM Plus, Premier Fare Baggage
|Origin/Destination||Cost per piece when you purchase your flight||Cost per piece during the Check-in period|
|Flights within Mexico (Checked baggage up to 44 lbs )||First piece up to 44 lbs = 600 MXN 2nd piece up to 44 lbs = 1,000 MXN 3 – 4 pieces up to 44 lbs = 2,200 MXN 5 – 7 pieces up to 44 lbs = 3,600 MXN||First piece up to 44 lbs = 1,000 MXN 2nd piece up to 44 lbs = 1,200 MXN3 – 4 pieces up to 44 lbs = 2,600 MXN5 – 7 pieces up to 44 lbs = 4,000 MXN|
|Flights within Mexico (Checked baggage up to 55 lbs)||First piece up to 55 lbs = 750 MXN2nd piece up to 55 lbs = 1,160 MXN3 – 4 pieces up to 55 lbs = 2,360 MXN5 – 7 pieces up to 55 lbs = 3,750 MXN||First piece up to 55 lbs = $1,150 MXN2nd piece up to 55 lbs = $1,350 MXN3 – 4 pieces up to 55 lbs = $2,775 MXN5 – 7 pieces up to 55 lbs = $4,150 MXN|
|USA||First piece up to 55 lbs = MXN 5792nd piece up to 55 lbs = MXN 10613 pieces up to 55 lbs = MXN 34754 – 10 pieces up to 55 lbs = MXN 3861||First piece up to 55 lbs = MXN 5792nd piece up to 55 lbs = MXN 10613 pieces up to 55 lbs = MXN 34754 – 10 pieces up to 55 lbs = MXN 3861|
|Canada||First piece up to 55 lbs = MXN 5792nd piece up to 55 lbs = MXN 11583 pieces up to 55 lbs = MXN 38614 – 7 pieces up to 55 lbs = MXN 4826||First piece up to 55 lbs = MXN 7722nd piece up to 55 lbs = MXN 15413 pieces up to 55 lbs = MXN 48264 – 7 pieces up to 55 lbs = MXN 5791|
|Central America, Caribbean, Peru, Ecuador and Colombia||First piece up to 55 lbs = MXN 7722nd piece up to 55 lbs = MXN 9653 – 4 pieces up to 55 lbs = MXN 34755 – 7 pieces up to 55 lbs = MXN 4247||First piece up to 55 lbs = MXN 8682nd piece up to 55 lbs = MXN 11583 – 4 pieces up to 55 lbs = MXN 38615 – 7 pieces up to 55 lbs = MXN 4826|
|Brazil, Argentina and Chile (Including all international connections)||First piece up to 55 lbs = MXN 9652nd piece up to 55 lbs = MXN 19303 – 4 pieces up to 55 lbs = MXN 38615 – 7 pieces up to 55 lbs = MXN 4247||First piece up to 55 lbs = MXN 9652nd piece up to 55 lbs = MXN 19303 – 4 pieces up to 55 lbs = MXN 38615 – 7 pieces up to 55 lbs = MXN 4247|
|Europe||First piece up to 55 lbs = MXN 11582nd piece up to 55 lbs = MXN 19303 – 4 pieces up to 55 lbs = MXN 38615 – 7 pieces up to 55 lbs = MXN 4247||First piece up to 55 lbs = MXN 12542nd piece up to 55 lbs = MXN 19303 – 4 pieces up to 55 lbs = MXN 46335 – 7 pieces up to 55 lbs = MXN 5115|
|Asia||3 – 4 pieces up to 55 lbs = MXN 38615 – 7 pieces up to 55 lbs = MXN 4247||3 – 4 pieces up to 55 lbs = MXN 47295 – 7 pieces up to 55 lbs = MXN 5115|
AeroMexico Baggage Allowance For Lap Infants and Children
Passengers between the ages of six days old and two years old are considered infants. They are welcome onboard for free of charge and will be issued a boarding pass.
- One baby stroller and infant are allowed per adult passenger. No fee needs to be paid at the time of ticket booking, nor is there an extra seat or baggage charge required. This applies only for domestic flights within Mexico. A fee will be applied for international routes.
- A maximum of two items (eg, baby pram or basin or diaper bag) are allowed for no additional fee. Infants traveling in the same seat as their parents are not subject to additional AeroMexico baggage fees.
- An additional piece of baggage is allowed on top of the two permitted pieces on international flights (baby pram, bassinet or diaper bag), as long as their weight does not exceed 50 lb and dimensions do not exceed 1.15 m / 45 inches.
For more info about the baggage allowance for infants you can visit AeroMexico.com.
Baggage Rules For Unaccompanied Minors
- AeroMexico (AM) offers specialized services for unaccompanied minors. This is available for flights operated by Aeromexico and flights connecting with Delta.
- The airline takes full responsibility for ticketing assistance, boarding, flight attendant support, and careful delivery of the minor at their final destination.
- In order for a minor to fly unaccompanied, their parent or guardian must present 3 copies of each of the following documents at the ticket counter. Additionally, these documents should be presented 3 hours in advance of the flight’s scheduled departure, whether the flight is domestic or international. The documents include:
- Unaccompanied Minor Form (UMNR)
- Official ID or passport of the parent or guardian.
- Minor Exit Form (SAM)
In lieu of a SAM, we will require:
A notarized document
This authorizes the departure of the minor, specifying the method of transportation, the destination, and the travel date. If this document has been issued abroad, it must be apostilled and translated into Spanish.
AeroMexico Pet Policy
- For your cat or dog to travel with you, they must be stored in a special carrier to be placed under the seat in front of you and shall remain your responsibility throughout the flight.
- The maximum weight allowed for the pet is 9 kg including the carrier or container weight .
- You can only fly with your pet in the cabin on flights with a maximum duration of 6 hours. Pets must be at least 8 weeks old.
- Breastfeeding animals, young animals, and pets in veterinary treatment will not be accepted.
AeroMexico Special Baggage Policy
- One item of sports equipment can replace the checked bag included with your fare at no extra cost and without becoming excess baggage as long as it does not exceed the maximum weight and length.
- Prices for international routes are subject to taxes depending on the point of sale, as per AeroMexico baggage policy.
- Maximum weight allowed per piece is 32 kg / 70 lb (on any aircraft or route).
- Maximum allowed length per piece (maximum length including case) is 204 cm / 80 inches in narrow cabin and 294 cm / 115 inches in wide cabin.
- You may transport a tennis-racket case as check-in baggage at no additional charge without replacing any piece of baggage.
|Bike||MXN 1450||MXN 2900|
|Windsurf Equipment||MXN 1450||MXN 2900|
|Surf Equipment||MXN 1450||MXN 2900|
|Scuba Diving Equipment||MXN 1450||MXN 2900|
|Hunting Equipment||MXN 1450||MXN 2900|
|Fishing equipment||MXN 1450||MXN 2900|
|Golf Bag||MXN 1450||MXN 2900|
|Skydiving Equipment||MXN 1450||MXN 2900|
|Polo Equipment||MXN 1450||MXN 2900|
|Hockey Equipment||MXN 1450||MXN 2900|
|Water-ski Equipment||MXN 1450||MXN 2900|
|Hang Gliding Equipment||MXN 1450||MXN 2900|
|Boogie Board Equipment||MXN 1450||MXN 2900|
|Bowling Equipment||MXN 1450||MXN 2900|
|Musical Instrument||MXN 1450||MXN 2900|
|Kneeboard||MXN 1450||MXN 2900|
|Parachute||MXN 1450||MXN 2900|
|Snowboard||MXN 1450||MXN 2900|
|Wakeboard||MXN 1450||MXN 2900|
|Fencing Sword||MXN 1450||MXN 2900|
|Horse Riding Equipment||MXN 1450||MXN 2900|
- One musical instrument may be carried on board as carry-on baggage per passenger, provided it does not exceed the established dimensions, which are: maximum linear surface [length + width + height] 1.15 m / 3.77 ft.
- One music instrument may be exchanged for one piece of your check-in baggage free of charge without incurring excess baggage, provided maximum weight and dimensions are not exceeded. Not applicable on flights in Mexico, the U.S. or Canada.
- We recommend that any instrument exceeding the established dimensions be transported by Aeromexico Cargo.
|Within Mexico||MXN 1450|
The use of electronic cigarettes, cigars or pipes is prohibited on board aircraft at all times. It is recommended to travel with them in a designated briefcase in your carry-on to avoid damage and/or accidental activation. Recharging devices and/or batteries on board the aircraft are not allowed.
Human ashes can be transported in Aero Mexico Checked Baggage or Carry-On Baggage. However, the passenger must submit the following at check-in counter and at the inspection filters (x-rays and in some cases explosives detection equipment):
a) Death Certificate original or copy. Human Ashes
b) Cremation Document original or copy. Human and Animal Ashes
c) The ashes container shall be of metal or resistant material and hermetically sealed to prevent spilling or any type of contamination. It will not be necessary to open the urn at the security control.
AeroMexico baggage Policy is created to allow passengers to travel with convenience and also ensure that each traveler is safe throughout the journey. To ensure utmost safety, a few items are prohibited in the aircraft.
- Lithium Batteries
- Battery-operated strollers
- Camping equipment
- Gun powder
- Drain cleaners
- Gasoline tools
- Pool chemicals
- Sharp objects
- Sharp Weapons
- Packaging for these beverages must be closed and sealed to prevent leaking caused by pressure changes during the flight.
- Beverages above 70% of alcohol per volume are forbidden as carry-on and checked baggage, as per AeroMexico baggage policy.
- Your checked baggage is allowed to contain a net amount of 5 liters per person.
- Your carry-on baggage may contain only purchases made in duty-free areas. Neither may exceed the allowance mentioned above.
Perfumes and Colognes
- Your checked baggage is allowed to contain no more than 0.5 kg / liters per item and no more than 2 kg / liters altogether per person.
- Your carry-on baggage may contain only 100 ml or 100 gr per item and no more than 1 liter or 1 kg altogether per person.
|Fabric Softener||Bleaching agents|
|Window Cleaner||Sodium hypochlorite|
|Floor disinfectant||Clog removers|
|Liquid soap||Muriatic acid|
|Dishwashing products||Bathroom cleaner|
Note: Cleaning items may be solids or liquids, and the maximum allowance per product is 4 kg or 4 liters.
Honey, marmalades, jams or preserves
- They must be packaged for retail sale (with commercial brand labels). No homemade preparations are allowed.
- Your checked baggage may contain no more than 4 kg or 4 liters per item, and no more than 6 kg or 6 liters per person.
- Your carry-on baggage may contain no more than 100 ml or 100 gr per item, and no more than 1 liter or 1 kg altogether per person.
Firearms may be carried with their respective case on domestic, international, and connection flights (restrictions apply). By government mandate, all those wishing to bring a firearm into the United States must do so in a lockable, rigid container starting on November 15.
Portable Electronic Devices
Allowed items include
- Cell phones
- MP3 players
The allowed limit per person as carry-on baggage is no more than 15 portable electronic devices (PED) in “off” position, while the allowed limit for spare batteries per person is no more than 20 spare batteries.
Wheelchair or Aid Equipment
- Only wheelchairs powered by non-spillable wet batteries are allowed. The wheelchair or mobility-aid device must be secured against movement in the cargo compartment and transported in a way that keeps it protected from damage caused by the movement of baggage, mail, or cargo.
- Mobility aids powered by spillable batteries are forbidden.
- These items may be transported in your checked and carry-on baggage.
- Approval by Customer Service Agents or Airport Supervisors is required.
How early can I check my luggage, if I am traveling with AeroMexico?
AeroMexicoallows passengers to check in at least 3-4 hours prior to the scheduled departure of all flights.
How many free checked baggage can I carry with AeroMexico?
AeroMexico allows one piece of free checked baggage for main cabin class, and two pieces of free checked baggage for premier class.
What is AeroMexico baggage fee?
AeroMexico charges a baggage fee depending upon flight origin / destination, number of extra bag pieces and whether you request extra baggage at time of ticket purchase or during check in.
What should I do if my baggage is delayed or damaged?
If you are at the airport, you can go to the AeroMexico baggage counter and report about the issue. If the luggage is damaged and the airline is responsible, then they will reimburse you.
What is AeroMexico baggage policy for Main cabin baggage?
Main cabin baggage class allows passengers to carry 55 lbs as checked baggage. All passengers are allowed to carry one 1 carry-on bag and one personal item free of charge. The size must not exceed 55 cm x 40 cm x 25 cm.
Can you check more than two bags in Aeromexico?
AeroMexicoallows two bags in its premier class, depending upon the flight destination.
How can I pay the AeroMexico baggage fee?
AeroMexico allows you to pay your baggage fee both at the airport counter and online via the official website.
Can I carry my pet on the AeroMexico flight?
Yes, AeroMexico airline allows household cats and dogs in the passenger cabin. The pet must be kept in a pet carrier and to be seated under the seat in front of you.
How many infants are allowed per passenger?
As per AeroMexico baggage policy, only one lap infant is allowed per passenger for free. If there are more than one infants to carry, you will have to pay a charge.
Aeromexico Airlines Popular Destinations
Aeromexico Airlines Popular Routes
- Cheap Flights from Phoenix to Chicago
- Cheap Flights from Nashville to Atlanta
- Cheap Flights from Sacramento to Fort Lauderdale
- Cheap Flights from San Antonio to New Orleans
- Cheap Flights from Las Vegas to San Francisco
- Cheap Flights from Austin to Hawaii
- Cheap Flights from Dallas to Denver
- Cheap Flights from Houston to Seattle