Book Cheap Flights- Save Huge
Booking a flight ticket is easy. But what if, due to unexpected circumstances, you have to cancel your flight? Today, numerous airlines are offering the most flexible cancellation and refund policy, making the cancellation process less painful. If you have an Aeroméxico flight ticket, there will be less burden. However, Aeromexico cancellation and refund policy are contingent upon the type of ticket you purchase.
Aeroméxico (AM) is the flag carrier airline of Mexico, based in Mexico City. The airline commenced its operation in 1934 as Aeronaves de Mexico S.A. de C.V. Today; it operates scheduled services to over 90 destinations in Mexico, the Caribbean, North, South, and Central America, Asia, and Europe.
Aeroméxico Cancellation Policy
You booked an Aeroméxico (AM) flight, and now due to an unexpected circumstance, you need to cancel it. Fret not, as the airline promotes flexible and accommodating policies for passengers, making travel changes effortless and affordable. Whether you are cancelling your flight ticket just after the booking or at the last moment, it is important to understand the Aeroméxico cancellation policy clearly to avoid further misunderstandings.
In this guide, we will help you understand the airline’s cancellation and refund policy, cancellation fee, and changes in booking.
Aeroméxico 24 hours Cancellation Policy
The Aeroméxico 24 hours cancellation policy is applied to all types of tickets, which means you can cancel your booking within 24 hours from the time of booking and receive a refund. However, it is advisable to understand the following points before canceling your flight:
- Under Aeroméxico 24 hour cancellation policy, if the flight is canceled within 24 hours of reservation, the airline will not charge any cancellation fee.
- Also, if you cancel your Aeroméxico (AM) flight within 24hours of booking, you are eligible for a full refund if your flight’s departure is at least 7 days later than the time of booking.
- Aeroméxico (AM) has eliminated the cancellation fee of First, Business, Premium Economy, and Economy Class for all domestic and short-haul international routes.
- The policy is applied to both restricted and unlimited flight rates.
Aeroméxico Cancellation Policy due to Covid-19
Due to the Coronavirus outbreak, Aeroméxico’s (AM) flight cancellation policy has undergone specific changes. The amendments are as follows:
- If the passengers want to reschedule the booking due to the outbreak, there will be no change in cost.
- All tickets purchased during the Covid-19 outbreak will be refunded in full.
- All passengers are entitled to free cancellation, even if the ticket is non-refundable.
Aeroméxico Cancellation Policy for Refundable and Non-Refundable Ticket
Whether you have a refundable or non-refundable flight ticket, the cancellation policy depends on various circumstances. Here is a list:
- Until the end of the risk-free period, the airline offers a free cancellation.
- Non-refundable tickets are not entitled to any refund once the risk-free period has expired.
- You will receive a full refund if you purchase a flexible or premium ticket.
- You have to pay the penalty when you cancel your refundable or non-refundable ticket three days before the scheduled departure.
- If the cancellation occurs due to natural causes or the airline’s fault, you will be compensated.
Aeroméxico Cancellation Policy For Different Class
Aeroméxico’s cancellation policy varies on the type of ticket you purchased, and the policy also depends on the cabin class. Take a look at the below points to find relevant information:
Basic Economy Class
- Aeroméxico’s Economy tickets are non-refundable. Hence, if you might need to cancel your flight, consider purchasing a refundable ticket if there could be such circumstances.
- If you cancel an Aeroméxico’s Economy flight ticket, a cancellation charge of upto $200 will be levied upon you.
- An Aeroméxico Business Class Ticket allows you to make some changes in your reservation free of cost if you cancel the ticket within 24 hours of booking.
- If you cancel the flight after 24 hours, you will be required to pay $200 as a cancellation fee.
- If you make any changes to your reservation, including cancelling the service, you have to pay a fine.
- Refundable tickets will be fully compensated in case of cancellation.
Note: Flights travelling within Mexico, Puerto Rico, The Caribbean, and the United States are exempted from cancellation charges. If the passenger or any close relative of the passenger dies, the airline waives the cancellation charge.
How to Get Compensation in case of Flight Delay or Cancellation?
If Aeroméxico cancels your flight due to some unavoidable circumstance like a technical glitch, government policy, natural calamity, etc., the passenger will receive a compensation of around $725 for flight delays or cancellation:
- If the flight was delayed for more than 3 hours, and the flying distance between the two destinations is 1500 km, you will receive $300. For a distance between 1500-and 3000 km, you will receive $485. And for a distance of over 3000 km, you are entitled to receive $725.
- Your flight originates in Mexico.
- If your Aeroméxico flight ticket is canceled without prior notice 0-14 days before the scheduled departure.
- You were denied boarding due to overcrowding.
- Missed your connecting flight due to the delay of your first flight with Aeroméxico.
- Depending on the duration of the delay and the distance between the two destinations, Aeroméxico flight cancellation compensation ranges from $300 to $725.
How to Cancel an Aeroméxico Flight?
You can easily cancel your Aeroméxico flight by simply visiting the airline’s official website or at the airport’s ticket counter. The airline will charge $200 for canceling the flight after 24 hours of booking. To learn how to cancel your booking, read below:
Cancel Flight Ticket Online
- Visit Aeroméxico’s official website. The requirement for an Aeroméxico flight cancellation is a six-character confirmation. Check your booking confirmation email to know your six-character confirmation.
- Enter the passenger’s data finder and last name on the ‘Manage booking’ page.
- Click on the ‘change or cancel trip’ next to the flight itinerary.
- Select the passenger segment or flight you would like to cancel.
- Review Aeroméxico’scancellation policy once to avoid any misunderstanding. The next page will direct you to the ‘flight refund cancellation’ value from Aeroméxico.
- Click on ‘Confirm my cancellation’.
- You will receive a confirmation mail regarding the cancellation.
Cancel Flight Ticket Offline
- You can either visit Aeroméxico’s counter at the airport or call +52 (55) 5133 4000.
- If you have called Aeroméxico’s customer support number, select the language that suits you the best.
- Provide the required information asked by the agent (user name, ticket number, arrival city, and other information to verify your identity).
- Choose the trip you want to cancel.
- Choose a payment method if you have to pay a cancellation fee for Aeroméxico flights.
- The airline will send a confirmation mail regarding the cancellation.
Aeroméxico Cancellation Fee
The passengers are required to pay $200 as a cancellation fee if they cancel the flight after 24 hours of booking. The cancellation fee also depends on the pricing regulations that apply to your booking. If your ticket is eligible for a refund, the airline will initiate the refundable amount within 7-10 days.
The airline may offer you a credit voucher, which will be valid for 365 days from cancellation. Flights travelling within Mexico, Puerto Rico, The Caribbean, and the United States are exempted from cancellation charges.
Aeroméxico Refund Policy
- The passenger is entitled to a complete refund if a flexible or premium ticket.
- You will get a complete refund if you cancel the ticket within 24 hours from the time of booking.
- Non-refundable tickets are not subject to any refund after the 24 hours gets over.
- The refund will be credited to the source of payment within ten days of cancellation. However, passengers who purchased the ticket via cash or cheque need to wait for 20 to 25 business days.
- If the cancellation occurs due to natural causes, you are entitled to receive a refund.
- If you cancel the flight three days before the scheduled departure, you must pay the entire cost as a penalty.
How to get refund from Aeroméxico
There are two ways you can request for a refund- online and offline.
- Visit Aeroméxico’s official website.
- Enter your log-in information to sign-in to your account.
- Click the ‘Manage My Booking’ option.
- Enter your cancel booking information
- Open your canceled ticket
- Go to the bottom of the respective page, where you will find the ‘Refund’ option
- Click on it and refill all the required information and apply for the refund.
- Call Aeroméxico’s customer support number based on your language and region
- Click on the correct button to talk with an agent
- Share the required information with Aeroméxico’s expert agent
- Request for a refund
Aeroméxico Customer Support Number for Cancellation and Refund Policy
Aeroméxico’s customer support number varies depending on the region you are calling from. Here is a list of the important phone numbers required to cancel your Aeroméxico flight or claim a refund.
|Mexico||+52 (55) 5133 4000||Ecuador||1 800 00 0227|
|United State and Canada||+1 800 237 6639||Guatemala||1 800 835 0269|
|Argentina||0 800 888 2276||Nicaragua||001 800 226 0294|
|Chile||800 392 674||Peru||0 800 76 750|
|Costa Rica||0 800 052 1447||Belize||00 1800 016 2143|
|Salvador||800 6105||United Kingdom||0 800 977 5533|
|Honduras||800 2791 9025||Spain||900 995 282|
|Panama||800 052 1373||Netherlands||0 800 0224 008|
|Dominican Republic||1 888 760 0141||China||8621 6466 8099|
|Brazil||0 800 891 7512||Japan||0 570 783 057|
|Colombia||01 800 952 05533||South Korea||822 754 6336|
Can I cancel my Aeroméxico flight and get a refund?
Yes, You can easily initiate a cancellation request for the flight booked via Aeromexico.com, Aeroméxico Call Center, or airport counters. The cancellation would be applicable on all fares except for Basic and Classic fares, where passengers are not eligible for a refund.
How much is the cancellation fee for Aeroméxico?
The Aeromexico flight cancellation fee is $200 and would be applicable after 24 hours from the date of booking. However, your eligibility criteria for a refund or credit voucher depends on the fare rules applied to your flight booking.
Does Canceling a flight give you a refund?
The refund policy of Aeroméxico depends on the type of ticket you purchased. If the ticket meets all the requirements, you will receive an amount as refund.
Can I cancel my Aeromexico reservation for free within 24hours?
If the passenger cancels his/her booking within 24hours from the date of purchase, they do not have to incur any cancellation fee. However, the departure date must be 7days or more at the time of initiating the cancellation request.
How to get a refund with a non-refundable ticket?
To get a refund for a non-refundable ticket, you must cancel your booking within the specified time. If the passenger fails to initiate the flight booking cancellation within the allotted time frame, then the airline may charge the total ticket fare as a cancellation fee.
Do I get a refund if my flight is cancelled?
You are eligible for a refund if the airline fails to provide flight service. However, the refund amount depends on cancellation, destination, technical glitch, and many other reasons.
Can I make a cancellation request on the day of departure?
Aeromexico allows you to cancel your booking on the same day of departure. You have to pay a cancellation fee, and the amount will depend on ticket class, reason, and many other factors.
What are the easiest ways to cancel my Aeromexico flight ticket?
You can easily cancel your Aeromexico flight by visiting the official website of the airline. You can also call the customer support number or visit the airline counter at the airport.
Is it possible to make flight changes on Aeromexico?
Yes, Aeromexico allows its passengers to make changes in their bookings easily.
What will I do if Aeromexico cancels my flight?
In case Aeromexico cancels your flight or denies you boarding, the airline compensates for the inconvenience.
Aeromexico Airlines Popular Routes
Aeromexico Airlines Popular Destinations
- Cheap Flights from Phoenix to Chicago
- Cheap Flights from Nashville to Atlanta
- Cheap Flights from Sacramento to Fort Lauderdale
- Cheap Flights from San Antonio to New Orleans
- Cheap Flights from Las Vegas to San Francisco
- Cheap Flights from Austin to Hawaii
- Cheap Flights from Dallas to Denver
- Cheap Flights from Houston to Seattle