Book Cheap Flights- Save Huge
About Avianca Airline
Avianca Airlines (AV)- the flag carrier of Colombia, was initially registered under the name of SCADTA and is headquartered in Colombia. It commenced its operation in 1919. Being one of the oldest and major airlines, Avianca aims to offer the most seamless experience to its customers. Furthermore, the Avianca Airline cancellation and refund policy allows its customers to cancel the flight and claim Avianca refund under some simple circumstances. In this guide, we will help you understand different amendments to Avianca cancellation policy.
Avianca Cancellation Policy
Flight tickets are expensive, and nobody likes to cancel their booked flight unless it’s absolutely necessary. The hefty cancellation fee is an additional burden, and when the ticket is non-refundable, your money goes in vain unnecessarily. However, if you booked your flight with Avianca (AV), you do not have to worry, as the Avianca cancellation policy is straightforward.
Avianca Airline 24 Hour Cancellation Policy
The 24-hour cancellation policy is accepted by almost all airlines, and Avianca is no exception. It gives passengers the luxury to cancel their booking without paying any penalty. However, it is advisable to understand the following points before canceling your flight:
- Under the 24-hour cancellation policy, passengers can cancel the ticket free of charge if the cancellation is made within 24 hours of booking.
- Also, to get a complete refund, the scheduled departure of the flight should be no less than seven days from the time of booking.
- If the passenger initiates a cancellation request outside the allotted period, they will have to pay a cancellation fee.
- The 24-hour policy is not applicable on tickets purchased from a third party.
Avianca Airlines Cancellation Policy due to Covid-19
Due to the Coronavirus outbreak, Avianca Airlines flight cancellation policy has undergone specific changes. The amendments are as follows:
- Flight tickets purchased between 1st March to 31st March 2021, regardless of departure date, can change tickets on all routes, except routes from Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Paraguay, and Uruguay, in fares XS, S, M, L, XL, or XXL. You can make three changes. Fare Difference Waiver does not apply.
- If you purchased a ticket between 1st April and 30th June, 202, you could change the ticket on all routes on XS and S fares. Fare difference exemption doesn’t apply.
Avianca Cancellation Policy for refundable and Non-Refundable Ticket
Whether you have a refundable or non-refundable flight ticket, the cancellation policy depends on various circumstances. Here is a list:
- You are eligible for a free cancellation for refundable and non-refundable tickets if you cancel the flight within 24-hours of booking.
- After 24-hours, you will be required to pay a cancellation fee of up to USD 600 if you hold a non-refundable (XS, S, and M) flight ticket. The fee depends on the destinations you choose to fly to, and the cancellation fee will be deducted from the total amount of the fare.
- Whether you cancel your flight within 24 hours of booking or at the last minute, you will receive a complete refund if you have a refundable ticket. However, you might have to pay a cancellation fee.
Avianca Airlines Cancellation Policy For Different Class
Avianca cancellation policy varies on the type of ticket you purchased, and the policy also depends on the cabin class. Take a look at the below points to find relevant information:
- Irrespective of your class, you are entitled to free cancellation, if the ticket is canceled within 24 hours of booking and the scheduled departure is no less than 7 days at the time of booking.
- Economy Class fares are generally non-refundable. However, it depends upon the route and type of fare.
- Avianca’s business class tickets are refundable.
- However, cancel your business class ticket no longer than an hour before the scheduled flight to avoid cancellation charges and get a complete refund.
How to Get Compensation in case of Flight Delay or Cancellation?
Airlines do not cancel their flights unless there is a strong reason behind it. Several factors like technical glitches, natural calamities, or government orders can push an airline to cancel its flight. Avianca Airlines takes full responsibility and compensates the affected passengers in case of a flight canceled by airline:
- The compensation will be initiated only if the booking is done via authorized portals.
- You will be compensated if the cancellation is made by Avianca.
- On some specific routes, Avianca will offer you monetary benefits as compensation. You may receive up to USD 600 as a compensation.
- Under such circumstances when the flight is canceled by Avianca, the airline offers some perks to compensate for the inconvenience:
- Reschedule another flight
- Complete refund
- Travel voucher
How to Cancel an Avianca Airlines Flight?
You can easily make Avianca cancel flight by simply visiting the airline’s official website or at the airport’s ticket counter. The airline will charge up to USD 600 depending on the domestic and international flights canceled after 24 hours of booking. To learn how to cancel your booking, read below:
Cancel Flight Online
- Visit the official website of Avianca and log on to your account
- Enter the username and password to complete the verification process
- Click on ‘Manage Booking’
- Enter the confirmation number by the passenger’s last name
- Click on the cancellation button and complete the Avianca cancellation form and mention a valid reason for the cancellation, booking number, passenger’s name, and any other information asked.
- Submit the form
- The cancellation fee will be automatically deducted from the total fare value, if applicable.
- Once you complete the refund form and submit, you will receive a confirmation mail regarding the cancellation.
Cancel Flight Offline
- You can either visit Avianca’s counter at the airport or call +57 311 4006 797, to Avianca cancel flight.
- If you have called the airline’s customer support number, select the language that suits you the best.
- Provide the required information asked by the agent (user name, ticket number, arrival city, and other information to verify your identity).
- Choose the trip you want to cancel.
- Choose a payment method if you have to pay a cancellation fee for Avianca Airlines flights.
- The airline will send a confirmation mail regarding Avianca cancel flight.
Avianca Airlines Cancellation Fee
After the pandemic, Avianca revised its cancellation policy and tried to offer a more convenient way to lure customers. An Avianca passenger can cancel his or her flight free of charge, if they cancel it within the risk-free period.
- The airline will incur a cancellation fee of up to USD 600 on international flights, based upon the ticket type, destination, etc.
- Once the 24-hour Avianca cancellation policy expires, Avianca levies an amount of 80% of the entire fare as cancellation fees.
- Avianca charges full airfare as cancellation fees, in case the ticket is purchased from a third-party.
Avianca Refund Policy
- Under Avianca refund policy, you are eligible for a complete refund, if you purchase a ticket directly from Avianca’s official website or from the call center in Colombia or in the USA. You can cancel the ticket within 5 days of purchasing and up to 5 days before the scheduled departure. You will receive a complete refund.
- Under Avianca refund policy, if the ticket you purchased was issued online in El Salvador, you can make a cancellation request within 8 days from the date of issue, and get a full Avianca refund.
- Your Avianca refund will be made depending upon the ticket’s fare.
- Avianca refund is made to the cards or bank account of the person who made the payment in time of booking.
How to Get Refund from Avianca Airlines?
The Avianca refund policy offers two ways, under which you can request for refund- online and offline.
- Visit the official website of Avianca
- Go to Request Refund
- A form will pop-up, where you have to enter details about Booking Code, Last Name, Ticket Payment method, and Reason for Refund.
- Once you complete the form, click on continue
- You will receive a confirmation mail on your registered email id regarding the refund.
- The refund will be credited to your account within 7-10 days
- Call the airline’s customer support number based on your language and region
- Click on the correct button to talk with an agent
- Share the required information with Avianca Airlines’ expert agent
- Request for a refund
Avianca Airlines Customer Support Number for Cancellation and Refund Policy
Avianca customer support number varies depending on the region you are calling from. Here is a list of the important phone numbers required to Avianca cancel flight or claim a refund.
- Barranquilla: 605 330 2030
- Bogota: 601 401 3434
- Cali: 602 321 3434
- Medellin: 604 444 3434
Can I cancel my Avianca flight and get a refund?
Yes, You can easily initiate a cancellation request for the flight booked via https://www.avianca.com/us/en/, Avianca Call Center, or airport counters. However, the criteria to be eligible to receive a refund depends on various factors.
How much is the cancellation fee for Avianca (AV)?
The Avianca flight cancellation fee is USD 600 and would be applicable after 24 hours from the date of booking. However, your eligibility criteria for a refund or credit voucher depends on the fare rules applied to your flight booking.
Does Canceling a flight give you a refund?
The refund policy of Avianca (AV) depends on the type of ticket you purchased. If the ticket meets all the requirements, you will receive an amount as refund.
Can I cancel my Avianca reservation for free within 24hours?
If the passenger cancels his / her booking within 24 hours from the date of purchase, they do not have to incur any cancellation fee. However, the departure date must be 7 days or more at the time of initiating the cancellation request.
How to get a refund with a non-refundable ticket?
To get a refund for a non-refundable ticket, you must cancel your booking within the specified time. If the passenger fails to initiate the flight booking cancellation within the allotted time frame, then the airline may charge the total ticket fare as a cancellation fee.
Do I get a refund if my flight is canceled?
You are eligible for Avianca refund if the airline fails to provide flight service. However, as per Avianca refund policy, the refund amount depends on cancellation, destination, technical glitch, and many other reasons.
Can I make a cancellation request on the day of departure?
Avianca (AV) allows you to cancel your booking on the same day of departure except for Economy Class. You have to pay a cancellation fee, and the amount will depend on ticket class, reason, and many other factors.
What are the easiest ways to cancel my Avianca flight ticket?
You can easily cancel your Avianca (AV) flight by visiting the official website of the airline. You can also call the customer support number or visit the airline counter at the airport.
Is it possible to make flight changes on Avianca (AV)?
Yes, Avianca (AV) allows its passengers to make changes in their bookings easily.
What will I do if Avianca cancels my flight?
In case Avianca cancels your flight or denies you boarding, the airline compensates for the inconvenience.
Is it cheaper to cancel or change Avianca flights?
The charges for canceling or rescheduling your itinerary with any Avianca flights are almost the same. You can pick the one that suits you the best.
Can I reschedule my Avianca flight?
Once you complete the cancelation process of your previous booked service, you can rebook a new flight any time you want.