Book Cheap Flights- Save Huge
About Avianca Airlines
Due to flight cancellations, both passengers and airlines lose a good amount of money. The flight cancellation process comes at a huge cost. Hence, airlines have come up with a solution for this. Instead of canceling the flight, passengers can change their reservation for a different date. Many airlines provide a more flexible flight change policy. However, if you need to change an Avianca flight reservation, it is better to understand Avianca flight change policy.
Avianca Flight Change Policy
Avianca (AV)- the flag carrier airline of Colombia, was founded in 1919 as SCADTA. It is one of the world’s oldest airlines and is a flagship of a group of Latin American Airlines. Being the largest airline in Colombia and second-largest in Latin America, Avianca boasts an extensive network of destinations in Latin America. Each year the airline carries millions of passengers. However, the airline understands that plans may change, and under such circumstances, the airlines allow passengers to make some specific changes to their flight instead of canceling it.
- Avianca permits its passengers to make some specific changes into their booking for free if it is made within 24-hours from the time of reservation.
- The changes must be done in the same way the booking was made. If the booking was done online, then the changes should be done online as well. If you have booked the ticket at Avianca’s ticket counter, visit them.
- Passengers would have to pay for the fare difference if the new flight is costlier than the previous one.
- Avianca allows passengers a minor name change. However, you can not change the entire identity of the passenger.
- Avianca’s flight change policy is applied to all passengers included in the same reservation.
- If the passenger had an upgrade to business class on the previous flight, then they will lose all the privileges.
- The ticket must be purchased through Avianca’s official website in order to be eligible for a change.
- The policy will not be applicable to expired tickets.
Avianca Ticket Itinerary Change Policy
- ‘Book with flexibility’ allows passengers to make changes in their itinerary. It assures a free change if the passenger chooses an alternate destination.
- If the passenger wants to swap domestic itinerary with an international destination, then the passenger must get assistance from Avianca’s customer executive.
- Itinerary changes depend on the fare type. Sometimes you don’t have to pay any change fee. However, you may have to pay for the fare difference (if applicable).
- Tickets purchased with Avianca’s Lifemiles can be changed. The passenger must cancel the entire booking.
Avianca Name Change Policy
- Passengers are allowed to change their first and last name, in case of typing error and it can be done free of charge.
- Avianca name change policy would be applicable only if the passenger presents a valid passport and the airline has approved it.
- The name change policy for group tickets states that the passengers need to split the ticket on which the name has to be changed. The airline will create a new PNR for the modified passenger name, keeping the rest of the service the same as before.
- The easiest way to request for name change in the ticket can be done by mailing the PNR with the wrong name and the correct name to [email protected].
Avianca Seat Change Policy
- Avianca seat change policy doesn’t apply to all tickets. And you may have to pay a fee to upgrade your seat or change the seat allotted to you.
- You can request for a seat change online by visiting ‘Manage Booking’. If the airline charges you for a seat change fee, you can make the payment online.
- Free seat change is allowed only once per ticket. If you are requesting for a change for more than once, then the airline will charge you.
- You can select the seat of your choice while making the reservation. If the airline doesn’t include the facility at your airfare, you may have to pay an extra charge for the seat.
Avianca 24-hour Flight Change Policy
- Avianca allows passengers to make specific changes into their booking free of charge if the changes are done within 24-hours of booking.
- Once you miss the 24-hour free change window, the airline will levy a change fee.
- Non-refundable tickets are not allowed to undergo any changes.
- If the new flight costs more than the previous one, the passenger must have to pay for the fare difference even if the changes are done within 24-hours of booking.
Steps to Change Avianca Flight
- Select ‘Manage Your Booking’
- Enter the reservation number and last name of the passenger and click continue
- Select ‘Change your Flight’, then click ‘Buy Now’ button
- Access your itinerary and mark the flight you wish to change with departure date
- Select origin, destination, date, and time of the new flight
- The next page will show you a list of available flights with fare difference (if applicable)
- Once you have the new itinerary, continue with the payment and confirm the flight change
Avianca Airline Flight Change Fee
Avianca change fee depends on the fare type, destination, and time. For a more detailed information, read below:
- If the changes are done within 24-hours of booking, Avianca will not charge you any fees. You may have to pay for the fare difference (if applicable).
- Passengers with economy class tickets are required to pay USD 500 along with the fare difference.
- Flex class ticket holders are required to pay USD 150 to make changes in their booking.
- The change fee for Promo class is USD 700 along with the fare difference.
Avianca Same-day Flight Change
- Avianca same day flight change allows customers to make the changes within 24-hours of the flight’s scheduled departure.
- Avianca will charge USD 100-USD 500 as a same-day flight change fee.
- If you want to book a flight departing much before the original flight, you can make the change. You may have to pay for the fare difference as well as change fees.
- Until you have been assigned to a new seat, your original flight will remain confirmed.
Can I change my Avianca flight without change fees?
Avianca allows passengers to change their reservation free of charge if the changes are done within 24-hours from the time of booking. Once the risk-free period gets over, a change fee of USD 100-USD 500 will be applicable.
How late can you change an Avianca flight?
Avianca permits its customers to modify their reservations for up to a certain period for urgent scenarios. You can change the date, time, and destination at least 24-hours before the flight's scheduled departure by paying a nominal change fee. This policy does not apply to Basic Economy fare.
How much does it cost to change an Avianca Flight?
The total cost of the flight change fee depends on various factors, such as, fare type, cabin class, destination, and time of the journey. If you are changing your itinerary after a 24-hours risk-free period, then you must pay USD 100 to USD 500 along with the fare difference. Flex class ticket holders are required to pay USD 150 to make changes in their booking. The change fee for Promo class is USD 700 along with the fare difference.
What happens if my new flight costs less than my original flight?
If your new flight costs less than the original flight, then the remaining will be credited to your ecredit, which you can redeem during your future travel.
How do I modify a reservation?
If you are eligible to make changes in your flight ticket, then you can do the same by visiting Avianca’s official website and following the instructions. If you are unable to change the reservation online, you can call Avianca at 1 800 284 2622
How to change a non-refundable ticket?
Non refundable tickets are not allowed for any changes, even if you are doing it within the 24-hours of booking. You must cancel the entire reservation, and make a new booking.
Can I change my ticket, which was purchased from a third-party agent?
Avianca allows you to make changes for the tickets purchased from a third-party agent. However, additional charges may apply along with the change fee and fare differences.
Can I change my Avianca flight the same day?
Yes, you can change your Avianca flight on the same day of its scheduled departure. The airline will levy a penalty fee for the changes you make.
How to change seats on Avianca?
You can request for a seat online by visiting the airline’s official website or at the airport counter. If your seat fee is not included in your airfare, the airline may ask you for a fee to upgrade your seat. You are allowed to change your seat for free only once. After that, you have to incur a change fee.
Can I get a refund for an unwanted flight change?
If Avianca asks you to change your flight due to some reason, then the airline will compensate you. The compensation can be a complete refund, and a free alternate flight.