Book Cheap Flights- Save Huge
About Iberia Airlines
Air travel is not always easy and convenient; it can also be stressful and unpleasant. Airlines have introduced us to various cancellations and refund policies that will make your travel more easier and convenient. With Iberia Cancellation and refund policy, you can travel around the world with a wide range of domestic and international flights.
Iberia Airlines is the flag carrier of Spain founded in 1927 and is based in Madrid. It operates an international network of services from its primary base at Madrid-Barajas Airport.
Iberia Cancellation Policy
If you have booked an Iberia flight and now due to an unavoidable circumstance, you have to cancel it, don’t panic, as the airline promotes flexible policies for all the passengers making travel changes affordable and effortless. Whether you are canceling your flight ticket just after the booking or at the last moment, it is important to understand the Iberia cancellation policy to clearly avoid any confusion.
Iberia 24 hours Cancellation Policy
The Iberia 24 hours cancellation policy is applied to all types of tickets for flights traveling to-from the United States, which means you can cancel your booking within 24 hours from the time of booking and are eligible to receive a refund. However, the scheduled departure of the flight should be more than 7 days later at the time of booking.
Iberia Cancellation Policy for Refundable and Non-Refundable Tickets
The option to cancel your flight depends on the fare and whether or not you hold a Flexible ticket option as an extra. Iberia flight fares subject to restrictions do not allow refunds or changes, or if you are entitled to receive a refund, you will have to pay a change or cancellation fee. Check out the below key-points:
- Iberia offers free cancellation until the end of the risk-free period.
- Once the risk-free period has expired, non-refundable tickets are not entitled for any refund.
- If you have purchased a flexible or premium ticket then you will receive a full refund.
- If you have a Flexible ticket, you will receive a refund after the deduction of cancellation fee, in case of canceling the flight three days before the departure.
Iberia Cancellation Policy For Different Class
Iberia’s cancellation policy differs on the type of ticket you purchased. If you have purchased a Flexible Ticket, you will be able to claim a refund, if you cancel the flight. However, you may have to pay a cancellation fee. You can also cancel the flight three hours prior to the scheduled departure.
How to Get Compensation in case of Flight Delay or Cancellation?
- If the flight is canceled and you are informed about the same prior 24 hours of the scheduled departure then you are eligible to receive compensation for your ticket.
- If your flight gets delayed for more than 4 hours, then the airline will provide you meals at no charge.
- If the airline reroutes, cancels, or delays your flight, you will receive compensation. The compensation depends on various factors. To understand this, read the points below:
- EUR 125 if your flight distance is up to 1,500 km and the arrival time of the rerouted flight is up to 2 hours after the scheduled arrival time of the original flight and EUR 200 if the delay exceeds 2 hours.
- You will receive EUR 200 as compensation, if your flight is an intra-community flight exceeding 1,500 km and the arrival time of the rerouted flight is up to 3 hours after the scheduled arrival time of the original flight.
- EUR 200 if your flight distance is between 1,500-3,500 km and the arrival time of the rerouted flight is up to 3 hours after the scheduled arrival time of the original flight and EUR 400 if the flight is delayed by more than 3 hours.
- EUR 300 for all flights not included above if the rerouted flight has an arrival time of up to 4 hours after the arrival time of the original flight. You will receive EUR 600 if the flight is delayed by more than 4 hours.
How to Cancel an Iberia Flight?
Without any hassles, you can easily cancel your Iberia flight by simply visiting the airline’s official website or at the airport’s ticket counter. The airline will charge up to USD 300 for canceling the flight after 24 hours of booking. Below are the few steps which you need to follow:
Cancel Flight Ticket Online
- Visit https://www.iberia.com/ and click on ‘Your Flights’
- Go to ‘Manage your booking’
- Log in by entering passenger’s last name and Booking code then click on Manage Your Booking
- Then, click on the change or cancel trip next to the flight itinerary.
- Select the flight you want to cancel.
- Before proceeding further, first, you have to review the Iberia cancellation policy. The next page will take you to the flight refund cancellation
- Select “Confirm my Cancellation”
- Once you Confirm, You will receive a confirmation mail regarding the cancellation.
Cancel Flight Ticket Offline
- Visit the Iberia counter at the airport or call +34 915 23 65 68.
- Once you call the Iberia customer support, select the language which suits you the best.
- Give the information asked by the agent such as user name, ticket number and other information to verify you.
- Select the trip you want to cancel.
- Select a payment method if you are required to pay a cancellation fee for Iberia flights.
- After that, the airline will send a confirmation mail regarding the cancellation.
Iberia Cancellation Fee
The Iberia cancellation fee depends on various factors, including the time of cancellation, fare type, and route. However, if you cancel the flight outside the risk-free window, you will have to pay EUR 50 to EUR 200.
If you are entitled to any refund then the airline may offer you a credit voucher, which will be valid for 365 days from cancellation. Flights traveling within Mexico and the United States are exempted from cancellation charges.
Iberia Refund Policy
- The passenger is eligible to claim a full refund for a flexible or premium ticket.
- After the 24 hours free cancellation period gets over, non-refundable tickets will not be entertained with any refund.
- Refunds will be credited to the original mode of payment within ten days of cancellation.
- If your flight is canceled due to any natural calamity, then you are eligible for a refund.
How to Get a Refund from Iberia?
There are two ways you can request a refund- online and offline.
- Visit Iberia’s official website.
- Enter your log-in information to sign in to your account.
- Click the ‘Manage My Booking’ option.
- Enter your cancel booking information
- Open your canceled ticket
- Go to the bottom of the page, where you will find the ‘Refund’ option
- Click on it and fill in all the required information
- Apply for a refund.
- Call Iberia customer support number based on your language
- Select the correct option to speak with an agent
- Share the required information with an Iberia expert agent
- Apply for a refund
Iberia Customer Support Number for Cancellation and Refund Policy
Iberia’s customer support number differs depending on the country you are calling from. Following is a list of the important phone numbers required to cancel your Iberia flight.
Customer Care: (+1) 800-772-4642
Can I cancel my Iberia flight and claim a refund?
Yes, You can apply for a cancellation request for the flight booked through https://www.iberia.com/. Iberia Call Center, or airport counters.
How much is the cancellation fee for Iberia?
The Iberia flight cancellation fee is EUR 50 to EUR 200 and would be applicable after 24 hours from the date of booking. However, your eligibility criteria for a refund or credit voucher depend on the fare rules applied to your flight booking.
How to get a refund with a non-refundable ticket?
To claim a refund for a non-refundable ticket, you must cancel your booking within the limited time. If the passenger fails to initiate the flight booking cancellation within the allotted time frame, then the airline may charge the total ticket fare as a cancellation fee.
Does Canceling a flight give you a refund?
The refund policy of Iberia depends on the type of ticket you purchased. If the ticket meets all the requirements, you will receive an amount as a refund.
Can I cancel my Iberia reservation for free within 24hours?
If the passenger cancels the booking within 24 hours from the date of purchase, they do not have to incur any cancellation fee. However, the departure date must be 7 days or more at the time of initiating the cancellation request.
Do I get a refund if my flight is canceled?
You are eligible for a refund if the airline fails to provide flight service.
Can I make a cancellation request on the day of departure?
Iberia allows you to cancel your booking on the same day of departure. You have to pay a cancellation fee, and the amount will depend on ticket class and many other factors.
What are the easiest ways to cancel my Iberia flight ticket?
You can cancel your Iberia flight by visiting the official website.
Is it possible to make flight changes on Iberia?
Yes, Iberia allows its passengers to modify changes in their bookings easily.
What should I do if Iberia cancels my flight?
In case Iberia cancels your flight or denies you boarding, the airline compensates for the inconvenience.
Iberia Airlines Popular Destinations
Iberia Airlines Popular Routes
- Cheap flights from Madrid to Chicago
- Cheap flights from Barcelona to Miami
- Cheap flights from San Juan to Madrid
- Cheap flights from Mexico City to Barcelona
- Cheap flights from San Sebastian to Los Angeles
- Cheap flights from Santander to Washington
- Cheap flights from Naples to San Sebastian
- Cheap flights from London to Santander
- Cheap flights from Madrid to Santo Domingo