Book Cheap Flights- Save Huge
About Swiss Airlines
The main point of travelling is having fun with time-efficiency. Towing luggage at the airport and waiting in long queues can be a serious killjoy. But with Swiss International Airlines Flight Check-in facilities can save your time and peace of mind. Simply entering your PNR on the official website along with your last name will complete your check-in process in no time. To make the whole process easier, we have a comprehensive guide of Swiss International Airlines Check-in policy to help you save time during your journey.
Swiss International Airlines also known as Swiss Air Lines is the official flag carrier of Switzerland and a subsidiary of the Lufthansa group. Headquartered at EuroAirport Basel Mulhouse Freiburg near Basel, the airline currently operates on 120 destinations with 88 aircrafts in its fleet. It serves destinations in Europe, North America, South America, Africa and Asia. Zurich airport is its main hub while Geneva Airport is its focus city.
About SWISS Airline Check-in
Swiss air offers its customers the liberty to check-in at their own convenience. Check-in can be done through several ways which enable customers to avail the service anywhere. You can either complete your SWISS airline online check-in for your flight through an online web-check-in or you can opt for offline check-in at the airport counter. Offline check-in also includes check-in via kiosks that are available at the airport. The check-in opens 23 hours before the scheduled departure.
Swiss Air Lines Check-in Deadlines
SWISS Air Lines enforces strict check-in deadlines to ensure smooth and efficient operations. However, these deadlines depend on your destination and the type of flight.
- For domestic flights within Switzerland,you should complete check-in and arrive at the airport at least 30 minutes prior to scheduled departure.
- For international flights, arrive at least 60 minutes before scheduled departure. However, some international airports may have different requirements, so it’s always advisable to contact the airline to know Swiss Airlines Check-in details.
- For Swiss Shuttle flights, if you are travelling via shuttle to Boston, New York- LaGuardia and Washington D.C.- Reagan, then the check-in and arrival deadline is 15 minutes before the departure.
- For those who need special assistance, travelling with pets, travelling as unaccompanied minors, then airlines have special guidelines in such cases. Contact the airlines to know the precise details.
SWISS Airline Check-in Process
Swiss Air Lines allows its passengers to check-in via various methods including self online, offlines methods. During online check-in passengers can choose their preferred seat, add or purchase baggage allowance.
- Visit the official website of Swiss International Airlines
- Login with your credentials.
- Add your PNR and flight number to proceed with Swiss international airlines online web check-in.
- Select online check-in under your booking details.
- Choose your seat at the same time.
- Enter your passport information depending on your destinations.
- Lastly, verify your details and proceed to check-in.
- Download your boarding pass in PDF format and get it printed or use it digitally.
- Download the official app of the airline from the App Store or Apple Store.
- Open the app and log in to your account.
- Add your booking details and proceed with check-in.
- Navigate through the options and complete the Swiss Air online check-in and download your boarding pass.
- Save the boarding pass as PDF to show at the airport security checkpoint. You can also get that print later.
Advantages of Online Check-in
SWISS international airline check-in policy offers plenty of advantages to the passengers. It not only saves your time at the airport but it also offers a seamless journey overall.
- You can check-in 23 hours before the departure at your convenience.
- Online check-in facility also offers you the choice of seat selection.
- With online check-in, you don’t have to stop by the check-in counter, you can proceed to the baggage drop section directly.
- You can also print your boarding pass and baggage tags at home to prevent waiting time at the baggage check-in.
Offline check-in at the Airport
Check-in at the self-service Kiosk usually takes a few minutes and saves you from the hassle of waiting in long queues. It is fairly easy to do Swiss international airlines check-in with self-service kiosks. Self-service kiosks are located inside airport premises.
- Access the Kiosk machine.
- Enter your PNR, last name and flight number to find your reservation.
- Select baggage requirements and proceed to seat selection
- Lastly, proceed to confirm checking and print your boarding pass.
Check-in at the Airport Counter
Passengers can also check-in at the airport if they have spare time. At airport check-in counters, the check-in begins 23 hours to 30 minutes before the scheduled departure time for domestic flights. While the check-in for international flights begins 23 hours to 1 hour before the scheduled departure.
For flights to the United States, passengers must complete TSA pre-clearance which includes additional security checks and document verification. As per Swiss Airlines international check-in policy, passengers are advised to arrive at the airport at least 2 hours before the scheduled departure.
The standard process of check-in at the counter involves you sharing your reservation details like PNR, flight departure date, and flight number to the staff present at the counter.
Automated Check-in Process
The airline offers auto check-in options to every passenger and ensures a seamless and convenient check-in facility. You can activate auto check-in during the time of the booking or 24 hours before the departure as well.
- To avail auto check-in after confirming your booking, you can simply log in to your account.
- Add your reservation number and e-ticket number.
- Proceed to your profile to turn on the auto check-in swiss international airline option.
- However, please note that auto check-in is not available for all destinations.
Advantages of Automated Check-in
- The airline allows you to register for automated check-in any time past booking up to 24 hours before departure.
- You can also have your boarding pass delivered to you automatically via SMS or email.
- Automated check-in allows you to experience a fast and smooth commute at the airport as you can go straight to boarding gates with hand luggage if you don’t have checked-in baggage.
- The Swiss Air automated check-in works for bookings with up to 9 people at the same time.
SWISS Air Lines Check-in Baggage Policy
Passengers travelling with Swiss Air Line can experience the generous Swiss International airlines baggage allowance. You can carry ample of things in your cabin baggage as well as in checked-in baggage. Your baggage allowance depends on the cabin class you have purchased. Swiss AirLine has three classes : Economy, Premium Economy, Business and First Class. Among these classes, you also have sub-categories Light, Classic and Flex.
Cabin Baggage Policy
|Number of Bags
|55 x 40 x 23 cm
|55 x 40 x 23 cm
|55 x 40 x 23 cm
|55 x 40 x 23 cm
- As per the Swiss International Airlines baggage policy, the carry-on baggage for HON Circle Members, Senators, Frequent Flyers and passengers with Star Alliance’s Gold or Silver membership depends on the cabin class they purchase.
- The airlines advise every passenger to keep their personal or carry-on baggage in the overhead locker or under the seat in front of their seats.
- For infants, the airline permits foldable chairs or garment bags with a maximum dimension of 57 x 54 x 15 as carry-on baggage.
Guidelines for liquids in carry-on baggage.
- Liquids including gels, creams and lotions must be carried in a container with a maximum capacity of 100 ml as per Swiss International Airlines check-in policy.
- You can keep these contained in resealable transparent plastic bags with a maximum capacity of 1 litre.
- In case of medications, be sure to carry a medical prescription in English supporting the medicine.
- Passengers carrying Duty Free products should keep the product tightly sealed and should have purchase proof along with that.
Items Prohibited in Carry-on Baggage
For safety reasons, certain items are prohibited in carry-on baggage. Prohibited items will be confiscated at the airport checkpoint.
- Weapons including imitations and toys, firearms, bows and arrows, harpoons.
- Stunning devices including shotguns, tasers, animal stunners and killers.
- The airline also prohibits sharp and pointed-edge items including knives, ice axes, razors blades, box cutters, scissors longer than 6 cm as per Swiss international airlines baggage policy.
Checked-in Baggage Policy
Swiss international AirLines offers ample of checked-in baggage space to its passengers. The checked-in baggage allowance usually depends on cabin class, routes and destinations.
Baggage Limits on European Routes
- On European routes, passengers travelling on Light fare are not allowed to carry checked-in baggage, however, passengers can purchase additional baggage allowance.
- Classic and Flex fares include one personal item and one baggage weighing 23 kg with dimension of total 158cm as checked-in baggage.
- Business class passengers can carry 2 checked-in baggage weighing 32 kg each with a total dimension of 292cm on board.
Baggage Limits on International Flights
|No. of Bags
Baggage Policy for Frequent Flyers
Passengers having special status can enjoy special Swiss International Airlines baggage allowance on European routes.
|On European Routes
|HON Circles, Senators, Star Gold
|+1 baggage items of 23 kg in Economy Class
|+1 baggage item of 23 kg in Economy Class
|Swiss Golf Traveller
|+1 set of golf equipment
Does Swiss International Airlines have online check-in?
Yes, a web check-in service is available on Swiss International Airlines website. You can easily check-in 1 hour before your international flight departure and 30 minutes before domestic flights.
How early should I check in for my flight?
If you are checking bags, then check at least 2 hours prior to your flight’s departure. And in case, you don’t have checked-in baggage , then check-in 60 minutes before your flight takes off.
When does Swiss International Airlines check-in begin?
Online check-in is available up to 23 hours before departure. At the airport, the check-in also begins at the same time before the departure.
What is the check-in deadline for Swiss International Airlines?
Swiss International Airlines Check-in remains open between 23 hours to 60 minutes prior to the flight's departure. For domestic flights, you can check-in between 23 hours to 30 minutes prior to your departure.
Is there any fee to check-in for the flight?
Swiss International Airlines does not charge any fee if you make a web or app check-in. Passengers, who check-in via Swiss International Airlines Phone call or at the airport counter may have to pay additional charges if the Swiss International Airlines Check-in time has lapsed.
Do I need to check-in online if I have baggage to check-in?
If you have baggage to check-in, you can either check-in through self-service Kiosk available at the airport to get your baggage tags or you can check-in your baggage at the check-in counters directly.
Do I need my e-ticket to check-in?
Domestic passengers do not need to show e-tickets. A print copy of your flight ticket is enough to get a boarding pass. An international passenger needs to have a print copy to pass the security checks.
How do I get my boarding pass?
You can get your boarding pass from online Swiss International Airlines Web check-in or can be downloaded from Swiss International Airlines Mobile app. Then you can either get it printed or you can show the digital version at the security checkpoint.
How long do I need to check-in before my flight?
Swiss International Airlines Flight check-in policy advises every passenger to check-in 2 hours before the scheduled departure.
What is the last time to board a Swiss International Airlines Flight?
The boarding gate closes 30 minutes before the flight’s departure. Passengers are required to present at the boarding gate at least 30 minutes prior. You will be marked a no-show if you fail to reach the gate.
Swiss Air Lines Popular Destinations
Swiss Air Lines Popular Routes
- Cheap flights from San Francisco to Auckland
- Cheap flights from Doha to Chicago
- Cheap flights from Miami to Paris
- Cheap flights from Barcelona to New York
- Cheap flights from Abu Dhabi to Adana
- Cheap flights from Las Vegas to Abu Dhabi
- Cheap flights from Kuwait to Istanbul
- Cheap flights from London to Montego Bay
- Cheap flights from Kuala Lumpu to Cairo