Book Cheap Flights- Save Huge
About Swiss International Air Lines
Swiss International Air Lines AG (LX)- the flag carrier of Switzerland, headquartered in Euroairport Basel Mulhouse Freiburg, near Basel, was founded in 2002. It is commonly known as Swiss or Swiss Air Lines; it operates scheduled Swiss International Air Line flights to Europe, North America, South America, Asia, and Africa. Zurich Airport is its primary hub, and Geneva Airport serves its focus city. Furthermore, Swiss Air Lines is a member of Star Alliance and a subsidiary of Lufthansa Group.
With a fleet size of 89 aircraft with 18 additional aircraft on order, the Swiss Air Lines (LX) fleet consisted of Airbus and Boeing 7770-300ER. It covers 102 destinations and offers 4686 flights per week. Here is a list of aircraft owned by Swiss International Air Lines (LX):
Swiss Air Lines Flights Details
|Flights Per Week||Most Popular Destination|
|4686||Zurich Airport (ZRH)|
Popular Swiss International Air Line Flights Routes and Destinations
|Origin||Destination||Departure Date||Best Price|
|Geneva (GVA)||Toronto (YYZ)||Jun 16, 2022||USD2549|
|Madrid (MAD)||Rio de Janeiro||Apr 12, 2022||USD15274|
|Boston (BOS)||Zurich (ZRH)||Jul 16, 2022||USD1237|
|Saint Louis (BSL)||Chicago (ORD)||Jun 12. 2022||USD1588|
|Toronto (YYZ)||Geneva (GVA)||Apr 14, 2022||USD2500|
|New York (JFK)||Geneva (GVA)||Oct, 15. 2022||USD2689|
|Zurich (ZRH)||London (LHR)||Apr 16, 2022||USD1500|
|Stockholm (ARN)||New York (JFK)||Nov 20, 2022||USD950|
|Zurich (ZRH)||Boston (BOS)||May 25, 2022||USD1250|
|Chicago (ORD)||Saint Louis (BSL)||Mar 18, 2022||USD1650|
Top Airports Served by Swiss Air Lines (LX)
- Zurich Airport (ZRH)
- EuroAirport Basel Mulhouse Freiburg (BSL)
- Boston-Logan International Airport (BOS)
- O’Hare International Airport (ORD)
- John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK)
- Geneva Airport (GVA)
- Rio de Janeiro/Galeão International Airport (GIG)
- Stockholm Arlanda Airport (ARN)
- Adolfo Suárez Madrid Barajas Airport (MAD)
- Heathrow Airport (LHR)
Swiss Air Lines Policies & Services
Swiss Air Lines (LX) is constantly updating its Cancellation and Refund policy to keep it flexible and convenient for the passengers. You do not have to worry about the last-minute cancellation cost with a Swiss International Air Line flights reservation. Under the Swiss Air Lines cancellation policy, you can cancel your flight and claim a full refund under the following conditions:
- A Swiss flight can be canceled online 24 hours before the scheduled departure of the booked flight. If you have purchased the ticket from a third party, contact the agency directly.
- Under Swiss Air Lines 24 hour cancellation policy, if the flight is canceled within 24 hours of reservation, Swiss Air Lines will not charge any cancellation fee.
- If the flight ticket is booked within 7 days of scheduled departure and the passenger cancels the ticket, in such cases, the passengers have to pay a cancellation charge.
- The cancellation fee amount depends on the flight route, destination, and many more.
- The Swiss Air Lines 24 hour cancellation policy is applicable to both refundable and non-refundable flight tickets irrespective of the destination(domestic or international).
- As per Swiss Air Lines 24 hour cancellation policy, the passenger is eligible for a refund if the flight is canceled within 24 hours from booking. The refund will be generated back to the source of the payment.
- If your ticket is non-refundable, then don’t worry. You are also eligible for a full refund if the ticket is canceled within 24 hours of booking.
- The refund will be credited within 7-10 working days from the day of cancellation. And, in case the payment is delayed, you can get in touch with the airline’s customer support.
- The refund of the Swiss flight ticket depends upon several factors like a technical glitch, flight cancellation, and many more.
- Passengers affected by the flight cancellation due to severe weather conditions or government travel restrictions can claim a refund, says the Swiss Air Lines cancellation policy.
When it comes to baggage policy, Swiss Air Lines (LX) is very flexible so that you don’t have to compromise with your essential packing. However, there are some rules regarding the weight and number of bags you can carry. Let’s find out.
|Class||No of Pieces||Weight||Dimension|
|Swiss Premium Economy||1||17lbs||55×40×23cm|
Baggage Limits for European Routes
|Class||No of pieces||Weight||Dimension|
|Classic & Flex||1||50lbs||55×40×23cm|
Baggage Limits for Intercontinental Routes
|Class||No of Pieces||Weight||Dimension|
|Swiss Premium Economy||2||50lbs||55×40×23cm|
|Routes||Free Baggage Limit|
|From USA/Canada to South Africa||2×50lbs|
|From USA/Canada to East, West, central Africa (Except Mauritius)||2×50lbs|
|Flights connecting in Switzerland to Vietnam/Sri Lanka||2×50lbs|
|Flights connecting in India to the USA||2×50lbs|
|Flights connecting in the UK to Africa||2×50lbs|
|Flights connecting in the USA to Indian||2×50lbs|
|Between India and Canada||2×50lbs|
|Between USA/Canada/mexico and Afghanistan, Bahrain, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Pakistan, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, Yemen||2×50lbs|
|Flights connecting in Canada to Iraq, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Maldives, Nepal, Sri Lanka||2×50lbs|
|From or to Japan||2×50lbs|
Carry-on Baggage for Infants
- Swiss Air Lines allows 1 piece of baggage weighing up to 50lbs, with a total dimension 158 cm (L+W+D)
- The guardian of the infant is allowed to bring baby food on board along with a certified car seat that can be installed on your child’s seat on the flight.
- The standard baggage allowance for children aged 2 and up are:
- Economy Class: 1pieces, 50lbs + 1car seat
- Business Class: 2pieces, 70lbs + 1car seat
- First Class: 3pieces, 70lbs + 1car seat
Swiss Air Lines allows your furry friend to fly with you. However, the rules may vary depending on the destination you are traveling to. Furthermore, the airline only transports dogs and cats in a cabin or cargo except for snub-nosed (brachycephalic) breeds of hares, rabbits, dogs, and cats sensitive to temperature.
- Each passenger is allowed to bring two pets, one in the cabin or another in the cargo hold.
- The minimum age of the dog or cat should be not less than 12 weeks.
Booking Swiss flights online is free. However, you have to pay a service fee in addition to any changes to the price of your fare in case of any changes in Swiss Air Lines manage booking.
Check-in & Verification
- Swiss (LX) offers a new digital experience with an automatic check-in option for all domestic flights, where you aren’t required to check-in or verify your details. The airlines will do it for you.
- For all international flights, you are required to complete certain documentation to be eligible for an automatic check-in.
Swiss flights are packed with 90 films, 170 TV programs, 100 music playlists, CDs, audiobooks, and podcasts. Swiss Air Lines has a wide selection of children’s films, cartoons, games, and SWISS Kids music playlists for kids.
Swiss flights allow you to choose from a wide range of meals and snacks made from fresh seasonal products. On long-haul flights, the airline serves complimentary meals and snacks.
Passengers utilizing Swiss Air Lines (LX) flights can call on their customer support toll free number 1800 102 5838 or visit https://www.swiss.com/in/en/homepage, for any other queries.
Can I cancel my Swiss Air Lines (LX)flight?
Yes, You can easily initiate a cancellation request for the flight booked via https://www.swiss.com/in/en/homepage, Swiss Air Lines (LX) contact no 1800 102 5838 within 24 hours from the purchase. The cancellation would be applicable only on the eligible Swiss Air Lines (LX) flights canceled within the allowed time span.
Can I cancel my Swiss Air Lines (LX) reservation for free within 24hours?
If the passenger cancels his/her booking within 24hours from the date of purchase, they do not have to incur any cancellation fee. However, the departure date must be 7 days or more at the time of initiating the cancellation request.
How to get a refund with a non-refundable ticket?
As per Swiss Air Lines (LX) cancellation policy, to get a refund for a non-refundable ticket, you must cancel your booking within the specified time. If the passenger fails to initiate the flight booking cancellation within the allotted time frame, then the airline may charge the total ticket fare as a cancellation fee.
How long will it take to get the refund ?
The refund is usually initiated within 7-10 working days of Swiss Air Lines (LX)flight cancellation.
Do I get a refund if my flight is canceled?
You are eligible for a refund if the airline fails to provide flight service. However, the refund amount depends on cancellation, destination, technical glitch, and many other reasons.
Can I make a cancellation request on the day of departure?
Swiss Air Lines (LX) flight cancellation policy allows you to cancel your booking on the same day of departure. You have to pay a cancellation fee, and the amount will depend on ticket class, reason, and many other factors.
Does Swiss Air Lines (LX) provide wheelchair service to specially-abled passengers?
Yes, Swiss Air Lines (LX) offers wheelchair and mobility services from the check-in counters at your departing airport.
Do I need to show any documents while flying with Swiss Air Lines (LX)?
For international passengers, visas, passports, and other necessary documents will be required as per the Government guidelines for British Flights.
Is it safe to travel with Swiss Air Lines during Covid-19?
Swiss Air Lines (LX) strictly takes all the necessary measures and follows the Covid-19 guidelines to ensure a safe journey for each passenger. From sanitizing the aircraft after each journey to checking the temperature of each passenger, Swiss Air Lines ensures safe travel.
How to get a refund with a non-refundable ticket?
To get a refund for a non-refundable ticket, you must cancel your booking within 24 hours of booking. If the passenger fails to initiate the flight booking cancellation within the allotted time frame, then the airline may charge the total ticket fare as a cancellation fee.
Can I bring my own food?
Yes you can bring your own food. However, the container should be sealed perfectly.
Does Swiss Air Lines provide in-flight dining?
Swiss Air Lines (LX) provides complimentary food and beverages on all flights, depending on the duration of the journey.
Can I fly when I am pregnant?
Pregnant passengers need to show the medical certificate which should not be 5 days before scheduled flight departure. The medical certificate must state that the passenger is fit to travel.
Where can I check my Swiss Air Lines flight status?
You can simply visit the official website of Swiss Air Lines (LX). There you can navigate to the Online check-in box, type your booking id or ticket number and your last name to get all the necessary updates.
Does Swiss Air Lines allow pets on flights?
Yes, you can travel seamlessly with your beloved pet on Swiss Air flights. However, to learn more about the flying with pets guidelines you are advised to visit the official website of Swiss Air Lines.
Swiss International Air Lines Popular Destinations
Swiss International Air Lines Popular Routes
- Cheap flights from San Francisco to Auckland
- Cheap flights from Doha to Chicago
- Cheap flights from Miami to Paris
- Cheap flights from Barcelona to New York
- Cheap flights from Abu Dhabi to Adana
- Cheap flights from Las Vegas to Abu Dhabi
- Cheap flights from Kuwait to Istanbul
- Cheap flights from London to Montego Bay
- Cheap flights from Kuala Lumpu to Cairo
- Cancellation & Refund Policy
- Customer Support Number
- Swiss International Air Lines Flight Status
- Swiss International Air Lines Baggage Policy
- Swiss International Air Lines Phone Number
- Swiss International Air Lines Business Class
- Unaccompanied Minor Policy
- Flight Change Policy
- Check-In Policy