Book Cheap Flights- Save Huge
About Etihad Airways
Changes in travel plans are tedious. And when it comes to making changes on an already planned and booked trip, it becomes strenuous. However, if you are not sure about your trip and may need to reschedule it, then Etihad has some specific Etihad Airways flight change policy, which allows its passengers to be more flexible with their trip. Let’s find out more.
Etihad Airways, one of the flag carriers of the United Arab Emirates, was founded in 2002 and commenced its operation in 2003. Being one of the popular airlines in the Middle East, it offers thousands of flights per week to over 120 destinations in the Middle East, Europe, Asia, North America, Australia, and Africa. Since millions of passengers book flights with Etihad annually, it is very crucial to know the airline’s various change policies. Here, we will discuss the various segments of Etihad’s reservation change policy.
Etihad Airways Flight Change Policy
Etihad serves millions of passengers annually and hence, to make everything easy and convenient for its passengers, the airline has issued some flexible flight change policies. It allows you to reschedule your trip, make name correction, and other changes.
- Only one change is permitted
- The request must be for the same passenger on the ticket
- You must submit the change request at least 24-hours before the flight’s scheduled departure, if your itinerary involves a Virgin Australia flight.
- You must submit a photocopy of your passport and other applicable documents.
- If your booking consists of any other airline, then you must cancel the current booking. New booking should be made with the correct name in the available booking class. You may have to pay for the fare difference.
Etihad Airways Name Change Policy
- The airline allows you to rectify the typos you’ve made while booking your Etihad Airways reservation.
- You can correct up to three characters only once.
- No change fee is applicable under Etihad name change policy.
- The addition of surname or middle name change may attract a fee of AED 100.
- To make a complete name change, you need to pay AED 150, if the ticket was purchased in Australia. Read the rules below:
- Maiden to married name or vise versa
- Shortened or nickname to full name
- Addition of middle name
- Addition of surname
- Complete or partial name change for the same passenger with proof from authorities
Etihad Airways Special Service Change Policy
Under Etihad Airways flight change policy, you can make changes in the services and even request special services from the airline. You can ask for wheelchairs at the airport, bassinets, and special meals. You can also ask for seat changes, if you want to change your previous seat.
Etihad Airways Date Change Policy
- Passengers have to incur AED 100 to AED 150 if they want to reschedule or change the date of their journey with Etihad Airways.
- The date change fee is free of charge, if you make the changes within 24-hours of booking.
Tickets booked with Travel Insurance
No changes will be allowed, if you have made a reservation with travel insurance.
Etihad Airways Flight Change Fee
- Depending on the route and the fare type, you may have to pay a change fee.
- If you have booked multiple fares, then the most restrictive fare will apply.
- Changes within 96 hours of your flight will incur an additional 10% fee.
- If you have to make changes in your reservation due to an unfortunate event of the death of an immediate family member, then you will not be charged any change fee. However, you must present official documents.
How to Change Etihad Airways Flight Reservation
You can make the required changes on your Etihad Airways flight reservation through their official website and by calling their customer support service. Let’s find out.
- Visit the official website of Etihad Airways
- Click on the ‘Manage Booking’ section
- Enter your last name and your flight reference number
- Click on ‘Change’ go to ‘Edit’
- Make required changes
- Pay for the flight change fee if applicable
Once you are done with the process, the airline will send you a confirmation mail regarding the changes.
- Etihad Airways has a 24*7 customer support teams for each region. Visit the official website of the airline and select your region.
- After selecting the number, follow the IVR instructions
- Press the particular number according to your requirements
- Once you directly talk to a customer support executive, let them know the segments you want to change.
- If you are eligible, the changes will be done and you may have to pay for a change fee, if applicable.
How much is the Etihad Airways change fee in case of rebooking?
The Etihad Airways change fee is subject to faretype and route. Depending on these factors, the change fee ranges between AED 100 to AED 150.
How late can you change the Etihad Airways flight?
Passengers can make changes for a specific time for some serious scenarios. You can change the time, date, and name at least 24 hours before the flight's scheduled departure.
What is Etihad Airways's name change policy?
You are only allowed to correct up to three characters in your name. For complete name change, you have to contact the airline directly and you may have to incur a name change fee.
How can I modify my bookings on Etihad Airways?
If you are eligible to make any changes to your flight ticket then you can do the same by visiting the official website of Etihad Airways and following the instructions. If you are unable to change the reservation online then you can also reach the Etihad Airways customer support number.
If I have purchased the Etihad Airways flight ticket from a third-party agent then can I make changes to my ticket?
To make changes in your Etihad Airways flight ticket booked via a third-party agent, you need to contact the third-party directly.
Can I change my Etihad Airways flight on the same day?
Yes, you can make changes on the same day, but you have to pay an additional No Show fee for making the changes on the same day of departure along with the change fee.
Can I get my money back for the unwanted flight change?
If the airline asks you to change your flight due to the original flight being overbooked or being delayed then Etihad Airways will offer you an alternate flight. You can claim a refund.