Book Cheap Flights- Save Huge
It’s exhausting to stand in a long queue with heavy luggage waiting for your turn to check-in. However, there are more simplified ways to check-in nowadays. Simply entering your PNR on the official website along with your last name will complete your check-in process in no time. To make the whole process more easy, we have a comprehensive guide of Finnair Flight Check-in to help you save time during your journey.
Finnair is the national flag carrier of “The Land of a Thousand Lakes” Finland. With its headquarter in Vantaa, it operates from the ground of Helsinki Airport. Currently operating with 79 fleets on 116 destinations over 35 countries in Asia, Europe, North America. The Airlines is also a member of Oneworld alliance group which is the third biggest airlines alliance in the world. It is also known as the safest airline in aviation because it hasn’t experienced any casualty or accidents in the last six decades.
About Finnair Check-in Service
Finnair offers its customers the liberty to check-in at their own convenience. Finnair Check-in can be done through several ways which enable customers to avail the service anywhere. You can either check-in for your Finnair flight through an online web-check-in or you can opt for offline check-in at the airport counter. Offline check-in also includes check-in via kiosks that are available at the airport. The check-in service for both internationally and domestic begins 36 hours before the scheduled departure and closes 30 minutes before the boarding starts.
Finnair Check-in Timing
The check-in time of Finnair varies according to destinations. The airlines advise you to complete check-in within the given time to avoid any hassle at the last minute at the airport.
|Origin of Departure and Destination
|The deadline for Check-in at Airport
|45 minutes before Scheduled Departure
|To/From European route
|45 minutes before Scheduled Departure
|From European origin to Asia, Central America, and the Middle East
|1 hour before Scheduled Departure
|From Europe origin to North America
|75 minutes before Departure
|From Asia, Middle East and North America to all destinations
|1 hour before departure
Finnair Check-in Processes
Finnair Web Check-in
Passengers can check-in online through the Finnair website starting 36 hours before the scheduled departure. During online check-in passengers can choose their preferred seat, add or purchase baggage allowance.
- Visit the Finnair official website.
- Navigate through the menu and click on the Manage Bookings.
- Select the flight and passenger for which you want to check-in.
- Check your flight details and click on baggage.
- Select your baggage requirement and proceed further.
- Proceed to seat selection.
- Select suitable seats and submit them.
- Now, go to the passenger details to finish the Finnair check-in.
- Confirm the passenger details and continue to make payment.
- Lastly, click on print boarding after checking-in.
How to Print a Boarding Pass ?
- Go to the official website of Finnair Airlines
- Access your account and proceed to click on flight details.
- Select your flight and download the boarding pass.
- Click on the “Print Boarding Pass”.
- Now, you can either print your boarding pass now, or you can save it as a PDF to print later.
- You can also get your printed boarding pass from a self-service kiosk or you can ask the Finnair staff at the check-in counter at the airport counter.
Finnair Mobile check-in
Mobile check-in facility offers accessibility and convenience to the customers who want to do Finnair Flight check-in without spending much time. Passengers can check-in for their flights 36 hours before the scheduled departure.
- Download the Finnair App from the Play Store or Apple store.
- Open the app and log in to your Finnair account.
- Select the flight for which you want to check-in.
- Navigate through the options and complete the process and receive your boarding pass.
- Save the boarding pass as PDF to show at the airport security checkpoint. You can also get that print later.
Finnair Self Service Kiosk Check-in
Check-in at the self-service Kiosk usually takes a few minutes and saves you from the hassle of waiting in long queues.Self-services kiosks are located inside airport premises. It is fairly easy to do Finnair Flight check-in with self-service kiosks.
- Access the Kiosk machine.
- Enter your PNR, last name and flight number to find your reservation.
- Select baggage requirements and proceed to seat selection
- Lastly, proceed to confirm checking and print your boarding pass.
Check-in at the Airport
Passengers can also check-in at the airport if they have spare time. At airport check-in counters, the check-in is available 2 hours before the scheduled departure time for domestic flights. While the check-in for international flights begins 3 hours before the scheduled departure.
For flights to the United States, passengers must complete TSA pre-clearance which includes additional security checks and document verification. To complete Finnair Check-in on time, passengers are advised to arrive at the airport at least 3 hours before the scheduled departure.
The standard process of check-in at Finnair counter involves you sharing your reservation details like PNR, flight departure date, and flight number to the staff present at the counter.
Finnair Check-in Via Call
If you want check-in via phone call to Finnair ’s customer support number, and keep your booking reference and Finnair flight number handy. Inform them if you have any preference, select meals, seats, or any other flight service. You will be asked for a service fee. Once you are done with the Finnair check-in process, the airline will send the boarding pass to your registered email.
Finnair Check-in and Boarding Restrictions
- Passengers departing from the United States must present a printed boarding pass.
- If you are an EU citizen, you must present your documents to get them checked, screened and stamped at the Finnair international check-in counter at the airport.
- Passengers flying with the checked baggage, must drop their luggage at the baggage counter at least 40 minutes before the flight’s departure. The airline opens its baggage counter for international flights four hours before departure and for domestic flights two hours before departure.
- Once you complete the Finnair online check-in, print or download the boarding pass on your mobile phone up to two hours prior to your departure.
- Passengers are required to present valid documents that match the details on the boarding pass during airport security and at the boarding gate.
Finnair Restrictions on Online Check-in
The airline has certain conditions where passengers are not allowed to check-in via online check-in services.
- Passengers cannot use online, mobile or Kiosk check-in in case if the reservation includes a pet or special services.
- The passengers also have to check-in at the airport counter if the destination does not permit electronic boarding passes.
- Passengers are also not permitted to use Finnair online check-in , mobile or kiosk check-in methods in case if the check-in time is lapsed.
- Passengers are also not allowed to use online methods in case they are carrying more luggage than permitted.
Does Finnair have online check-in?
Yes, a web check-in service is available on Finnair website. You can easily check-in hours before your flight takes off on international flights and 48-hours before domestic flights.
How early should I check in for my flight?
If you are checking bags, then check at least 90 minutes prior to your flight’s departure. And in case, you don’t have checked-in baggage , then check-in 60 minutes before your flight takes off.
When does Finnair flight check-in begin?
Online check-in is available up to 36 hours before departure. At the airport, the check-in begins 2 hours before the departure.
What is the check-in deadline for a Finnair flight?
Finnair check-in remains open between 36 hours to 60 minutes prior to the flight's departure. For domestic flights, you can check-in between 36 hours to 45 minutes prior to your departure.
Is there any fee to check-in for the flight?
Finnair doesn’t charge any fee if you make a web or app check-in. Passengers, who check-in via Finnair phone call or at the airport counter may have to pay additional charges if the Finnair Flight Check-in time has lapsed.
Do I need to check-in online if I have baggage to check-in?
If you have baggage to check-in, you can either check-in through self-service Kiosk available at the airport to get your baggage tags or you can check-in your baggage at the check-in counters directly.
Do I need my e-ticket to check-in?
Domestic passengers do not need to show e-tickets. A print copy of your flight ticket is enough to get a boarding pass. An international passenger needs to have a print copy to pass the security checks.
How do I get my boarding pass?
You can get your boarding pass from online Finnair web check-in or can be downloaded from Finnair mobile app. Then you can either get it printed or you can show the digital version at the security checkpoint.
How long do I need to check-in before my flight?
Finnair Flight check-in policy advises every passenger to check-in 2 hours before the scheduled departure.
What is the last time to board a Finnair flight?
The boarding gate closes 30 minutes before the flight’s departure. Passengers are required to present at the boarding gate at least 30 minutes prior. You will be marked a no-show if you fail to reach the gate