Book Cheap Flights- Save Huge
Keeping track of tickets and flight status is cumbersome, especially while in a hurry. But thanks to online flight status, we can keep track of our flight whether it’s late or early. The airline you have booked your flight with now updates you its live status through notification on your mobile. Another way to keep track of your flight status is to visit the official website of the concerned airline to get live flight status information.
This comprehensive Finnair Flight Status guide will help you navigate through various options to know your flight status.
With its headquarter in Vantaa, Finnair is the official flag carrier of Finland. It operates from the ground of Helsinki Airport. Currently operating with 79 fleets on 116 destinations over 35 countries in Asia, Europe, North America. Finnair is primarily owned by Finland’s federal government.
How to Check Finnair Flight Status
There are several ways to check Finnair flight status. You can either check it online by visiting the Finnair website, call Finnair customer support service, or if you are at the airport then you can simply ask the staff at the Finnair counter to assist you. To know the live Finnair flight status of your flight, you can follow some ways to get updates.
- Visit Finnair official website
- Click on Flight Status
- Enter your flight’s number and departure date
- The next page will display the real-time status of your Finnair flight.
- If you are at the airport, then you can visit the Finnair counter and check the live status of your scheduled flight.
- You can also track your flight status available on the overhead screen at the airport.
- If you are not at the airport, you can still check the flight status by calling on the helpline number of Finnair. It’s fairly easy to track your Finnair flight status once you share your PNR and last name to the airline representative. The person will provide you with the latest information about your flight.
How to Check Finnair Flight Status via PNR
Keeping track of your ticket, flight status along with flight timing can be quite a handful. That’s why it’s better to check the flight status beforehand with the help of your PNR available on your ticket. A PNR refers to a Passengers Name record that encompasses your information along with the flight you have booked.
- Simply login on Finnair App available on Play Store or Apple Store.
- Login to the app with your credentials.
- Navigate through the interface and click on live flight status.
- To know your Finnair Flight Status, add your PNR to find your flight and click on proceed.
- You can also take assistance from Finnair customer care to know your live flight status.
Finnair Flight Status Description
Your entire itinerary will change if the airline reschedules your flight. To avoid that last-minute rush, you can always track your flight status to keep yourself updated with departure and arrival timing. However, we have listed the flight status description of Finnair so that you don’t get confused at the very last minute.
- Scheduled – Flight is on time and not yet airborne.
- Delayed – Flight will depart after its scheduled departing time.
- Departed – Flight has left the departure gate but may not be airborne yet.
- In Air – Flight has taken off.
- Diverted – Flight has been diverted to a new destination instead of the original destination.
- Recovery – Flight has departed from the diverted location and enroute the scheduled destination.
- Landed – Flight has landed.
- Arrived – Flight has arrived at its destination gate
- Cancelled – Flight has been cancelled
- No Takeoff Info – The real-time status of the flight is not available. Contact the airline for all the information
How to check Finnair flight status?
There are two ways to check the status of Finnair flights. You can either check the status online by visiting Finnair’s official website or by calling the Finnair customer support number.
Where can I get the real-time information of my Finnair flight status?
The most reliable way to get the latest information of your Finnair flight status is to search it at the airline’s website, or at the airport counter.
How can I know if my Finnair flight is on-time or late?
If you are at the airport, you can visit the Finnair counter and ask them the status of your flight. You can also check your Finnair flight status online by visiting the airline’s official website and entering your PNR or route, or flight number.
What if my flight is delayed and the airline didn’t notify me?
If your flight is delayed or cancelled and you haven't received any prior notification from the airlines, then you can either demand compensation or request for an alternate flight to your destination incase if the flight is delayed for more than 3 hours.
What if the airline is unsure of the scheduled departure?
There are times when airlines are unsure about the status of scheduled flights due to various reasons such as extreme weather, technical issues. In this case, airlines usually highlight the status with No Takeoff info on Live Finnair Flight Status.
Does Finnair have online check-in?
Yes Finnair offers online check-in up to 36 hours before departure. The baggage drop and check-in begins 2 hours prior departure.
How soon can I check-in for Finnair Flights?
You can check-in 36 hours prior to the scheduled departure for all Finnair operated flights departing from Finland. Whereas, the check-in for flights to the USA opens 24 hours before departure.
How to check Finnair online flight status?
To check the flight status online, simply login to the official website of Finnair and enter your PNR and flight number along with departure date to know your live flight status.
What does diverted means in Finnair Flight status?
If you see ‘Flight Diverted’ on the live flight status then it means that the flight has been rerouted to another destination instead of the original destination.
How is Finnair Flight Status helpful?
If you are in a hurry to reach the airport, or are stuck in bad weather, then you can check the status of your flight to know the live status of your flight. Perhaps your flight is delayed due to bad weather as well. Finnair Flight Status is helpful to keep track of flights.