Book Cheap Flights- Save Huge
Flying alone can be an exciting task for juveniles or minors travelers, but for guardians and parents, it often comes with overwhelming concern and urge to accompany our childrens. It is understandable that every parent is overtly concerned about their children’s safety and thus, Finnair offers unaccompanied minor policies to ensure complete safety, security and comfort of the child traveling. Finnair unaccompanied minor policy also ensures that minors traveling alone get utmost assistance from the security checks on departure airport to landing on the destination.
Finnair Unaccompanied Minor Rules
When your kids travel unaccompanied with Finnair, the airline makes sure that your children have the best travel experience with utmost comfort and protection. After the arrival of your kids at the airport, it is the airline’s obligation to look after your children until they depart from the airport. From the check-in desk through the arrivals halls, the airlines will guide your child through everything.
Read the below guidelines to know more important notes for young travelers traveling alone in Finnair Unaccompanied Minor Policy.
- Finnair offers unaccompanied minor services which is a guidance service for children aged from 5 to 11 years old traveling alone.
- The children who have unaccompanied minor service reservations can have connecting flights if the flight is on the same day and with the same airlines as in Finnair.
- Children who are unaccompanied can travel without unaccompanied minor services only if they are accompanied by a family member older than 12 years old or a companion at least 16 years old with the consent of legal guardian and parents.
- Children can take international flights only if they are accompanied by a family member. As per Finnair unaccompanied minor policy, the family member should be of at least 16 years of age or an adult at least of 18 years old who has the consent of the child’s legal parent or guardian.
- The parent / guardian dropping off the child at the airport must provide the authority with their name, ID proof, address, home, and business telephone number. The same information will be required at check-in for the parent / guardian coming to pick-up the child from the final airport.
- The parent / guardian dropping off the child, must remain with the kid until the flight is airborne to avoid a situation where flight is delayed or canceled.
- It is under Finnair Unaccompanied minor policy that the parent must advise the child to follow only the uniformed Finnair crew member, agent or authorized person’s instructions only.
Finnair Unaccompanied Minor Travel Guide
Unaccompanied minor services provided by the airline included prior assistance by ground personnel, special assistance on board by cabin crew. Furthermore, there is an elaborated travel guide curated just for your child to ensure safety, security and comfort.
Book the Unaccompanied Minor Service
- While purchasing the ticket, you can contact the airlines to request for unaccompanied minor service for your children. The easiest way to contact the airline is to contact them via chat.
- While requesting for the services, you will have to provide your contact information for Finnair Unaccompanied minors. Along with that provide the contact information of the person who will greet the child at the destination airport.
- Both the people who purchased the ticket and the person who will greet the children should be legally adults.
Unaccompanied Minor Fee
- Children aged between 5 to 11 traveling alone will need to fly on adult fare. Along with the adult fare, there is additional unaccompanied minor fee reservation to ensure that the child is assisted at each leg of the journey.
- The unaccompanied service fee for each leg is €40 for flights within Finland.
- While for international flights from Europe or long-haul flights, the Finnair unaccompanied minor fee will be €60 and €120 respectively.
Unaccompanied Minor Travel Documents
- Passengers of 16 years or over must carry a passport, a photo identification or driver’s license.
- Minors of age below then 16 years traveling without their parents are advised to carry passport or photo identification.
- While minors of age below 12 years traveling alone and carrying complete Unaccompanied Minor Advice Form are not required to carry any further documents. However, guardians dropping them off or greeting them at the destination airport must prove their valid identity.
Unaccompanied Minor Baggage Allowance
The baggage allowance for unaccompanied minors will depend on the ticket type you have purchased. As per Finnair Unaccompanied minor policy, long-haul connecting flights or long layover are not permitted in case of unaccompanied minor.
At the Airport
- As per Finnair unaccompanied minor policy, It’s advisable to reach the airport early to avoid any last minute hassle. The airlines have a check-in desk and ground personnel on standby to assist your child.
- It is mandatory to fill the unaccompanied handling advice form at the check-in desk.
- The ground staff will give your child a neck pouch to secure the important documents such as unaccompanied minor handling form, boarding passes, passports, visas.
Boarding and Take off
- Guardian and parents are advised to escort their children to the departure gate at the Helsinki Airport.
- You can also contact the gourd personnels at the check-in desk to assist you.
- It is advisable by Finnair unaccompanied minor policy that parents or guardians must remain on the airport until flight is airborne.
- If your child is traveling within the Schengen area, then the guardian will also have to prove their identity with official photo ID proof.
- Finnair also offers priority boarding to unaccompanied minors so that they can familiarize themselves with aircraft and cabin crew first.
- In case of flight disruption (delay or cancellation), the ground staff will take full responsibility of the child, and will keep you updated about the flight status.
During the flight
- The cabin crew on the flight will make sure to keep an eye on your child to ensure they have everything they need for a comfortable journey.
- Under Finnair unaccompanied Minor Policy, on long-haul flights, the airlines will serve meals to your child. ON European flights longer than 2 hours, your child can enjoy complimentary snacks from the on-board menu. Children can also bring snacks from home.
- On long-haul flights, the airline offers a wide range of in-flight entertainment for children ranging from movies, cartoons and videogames.
At Connecting Airport
During the layover, the child will be escorted to its connecting flight (With Finnair only) by the uniformed ground crew. Please ensure that the children have reserved money or credit cards to buy food or drinks at the transfer airport if needed.
At the Destination Airport
- As per guidelines of Finnair Unaccompanied Minor Policy, after the flight arrives at the destination airport, the airline’s ground crew member will accompany your child through the immigration, baggage claim area and arrival hall.
- After the child meets the designated legal parent or guardian at the arrival hall, the ground staff will verify the parent’s identity and then will hand over your child before saying bye.
How to Book Finnair Unaccompanied Minor Assistance Services
When it comes to ensuring safety of your child, Finnair unaccompanied minor services plays a crucial role. You can simply request for the special services while booking the reservation. You can either request the special service via online booking reservation or you can opt for an offline method to request for Finnair unaccompanied minor services.
- Visit Finnair’s official website and navigate through the login page
- Add the required details and complete the login procedure with user credentials.
- Now, select the option of unaccompanied minor and clock on the “Request Unaccompanied Minor Services”.
- Proceed with continue and add your necessary information like date of travel, departure and destination, age of the minor, and other relevant options. ‘
- Carefully read the terms and conditions to avoid any mishap at the airport.
- Lastly, attach request documents and pay the cost of the ticket along with unaccompanied minor service.
- If you prefer offline assistance, you can contact Finnair customer service directly to know about Finnair Unaccompanied Minor policy. Dial Finnair’s customer care number and follow the steps mentioned below:
- The customer service representative will guide you through the necessary steps and provide you with any needed additional information.
- Share your name, age, contact information along with the information about the individual who will be dropping your child off at the airport.
- The airline’s representative will ask you to attach relevant documents for reservation.
- Lastly, the airline imposes an additional fee charge for service song with the standard price of the booking.
- In the end you will receive a confirmation email with all the details of your reservation including flight number, arrival and departure timing, gate number.
Prepare your Unaccompanied Minor
It is advised in the Finnair Unaccompanied minor policy that parents should strictly ask their children to speak only with the authorized and uniformed personnel staff members. These are some other helpful tips for the parents or guardians.
- Familiarize your child with the airline’s uniformed personnel.
- Write down phone numbers for your child.
- Pack books, games, and money in one small carry-on bag.
- Food and drink service is limited and hence, it is advisable to pack snacks for your child.
- An ID card and contact information attached to your child’s carry-on bag or jacket
- Fully charge electronic devices, with chargers and headphones in carry-on bags.
- Write down the phone number and names on the baggage of the child.
This comprehensive guide of Finnair Unaccompanied Minor Policy aims to create a secure and pleasant journey for your young one. Be rest assured, the airlines will take full responsibility of your child starting from the arrival at the airport to the handing over to a legal guardian at the destination airport.
Does Finnair allow unaccompanied minors on the flight ?
Finnair allows unaccompanied minors on the flight. However, the parent must present necessary documents, such as Id card with photos, passports, along with Unaccompanied minor handling advice form.
Do I need to provide any documentation when booking a ticket for an unaccompanied minor?
Yes, documentations are extremely necessary in case of unaccompanied minors. Read Finnair unaccompanied minor policy to know the required documents.
Can an unaccompanied minor travel alone on a connecting flight?
Yes, Finnair allows unaccompanied minors to travel on connecting flights. However, it is essential to know that it is advisable to have guidance for the child during the procedure of connecting flights.
Are there any fees associated with the Finnair unaccompanied minor services?
Finnair has additional charges for unaccompanied minor services to ensure every assistance is provided. The Finnair unaccompanied minor fees vary according to the flight routes and additional services chosen by the parent.
Does Finnair offer unaccompanied minor services for international flights?
Yes, the airline offers Finnair Unaccompanied Minor Services to both domestic and international flights.
Can I accompany my child to the departure gate?
Finnair does not allow any non-passenger beyond the designated check-in area. However, you can escort your child to the designated area.
What happens if the flight is delayed or canceled?
In case of delay or cancellation, the airlines will take full responsibility of the child and will also keep you updated about the flight status.
At what age minors can travel alone on a Finnair flight?
Minors aged between 5 to 17 years old are allowed to travel alone on a Finnair flight.
How to book a flight for a Finnair unaccompanied minor service?
To make a reservation for an unaccompanied minor traveling on an Finnair flight, the adult must contact the reservation center at 1800 102 1233.
What is the procedure to board the Finnair flight for an unaccompanied minor?
An Finnair employee will take over your child from you at the gate before general boarding begins. It allows the employee to introduce your child with the flight attendants, and cockpit crew.