Book Cheap Flights- Save Huge
About Volaris Airlines
It is pretty common to have a sudden change in plan even after booking a flight. In such cases, most passengers cancel the flight not knowing that they can easily change the schedule in the same airline. For tickets booked from Volaris (Y4), the airline offers a more seamless flight change procedure. If you are wondering about the Volaris flight change policy, here are some key highlights, which will help you make an informed decision.
The Mexican low-cost airline Volaris (Y4) is based in Santa Fe, is Mexico’s second-largest airline after Aeromexico. It covers 68 domestic and international destinations worldwide.
Volaris Flight Change Policy
Volaris (Y4) offers the most convenient and flexible Volaris change flight policy, which makes it popular among the passengers who are unsure about their trip. The rules to make changes in your Volaris flight booking are as follows:
- All fare types are allowed to make changes in their booking without any additional charges, if the changes are done within 24-hours of booking.
- Volaris (Y4) allows its specific passengers to make changes up to 5 hours of the scheduled departure.
- Both refundable and non-refundable tickets can be changed by paying additional change fee charge and any fare difference (if applicable).
- Volaris doesn’t allow the tickets to make changes if the ticket is purchased from a third-party.
- The airline will charge the entire ticket fare as change fee, if the passenger makes the changes from an unauthorized gateway.
- Passengers traveling with promo tickets are not entitled to make name change and itinerary change services.
- Passengers who are changing the schedule of their itinerary due to medical emergencies or the sudden death of a close relative, do not need to incur any change fee.
- If a traveler is changing the destination, he/she must fill a form stating the reason behind the destination change. The airline will charge 60% of the total airfare as change fees.
Volaris 24-hour Flight Change Policy
- Volaris (Y4) 24-hours from the time of booking to make changes in the passenger’s itinerary free of charge, as long as the scheduled departure of the flight is 7 days later.
- The 24-hour no change fee policy is applicable to all fare types.
- The passenger may have to pay for the fare difference if the new flight is costlier than the original flight.
- Under Volari (Y4) no change fee period, passengers can correct their name, change the destination, date of departure, and even upgrade the services free of charge.
Volaris Itinerary Change Policy
- Volaris (Y4) allows its passengers to make changes in the itinerary up to 5 hours prior to the original departure.
- You cannot make any changes once you receive your boarding pass.
- You cannot make any changes if you have made a partial payment.
- If you make the changes online via Volaris’ official website, the changes will be applicable to all passengers included in the reservation.
- You can change your destination, but not the origin.
- If you are making changes after the departure of your outbound flight, then you are allowed to change the date and time only for your return flight.
Volaris Name Change Policy
- You can correct your name in the reservation for up to 1:30 hours prior to the scheduled departure.
- You can make the changes only by calling at Volaris’ call center, by paying a change fee.
- Your name must match with the travel documents you are sharing with Volaris (Y4).
- You cannot transfer your ticket to someone else.
- You are not allowed to make changes if you purchased the ticket with volaris electronic credit.
Volaris Same-day Flight Change
- Volaris (Y4) same-day flight change is applicable to only those tickets that have been purchased from an authorized channel.
- Passengers with discounted tickets are not entitled to make changes on the same day of departure.
- If you are changing the itinerary (excluding name change), you can do that at least 5 hours prior to the scheduled departure.
- Passengers have to pay $59 if they make the changes on the same day of departure.
- Volaris (Y4) will not accept the change request, if the booking and departure date are the same.
- Once check-in, the passenger will no longer be eligible to make same-day changes.
Volaris Flight Change Policy for Combo Fare
Volaris (Y4) offers utmost flexibility to its combo fare tickets. If you are unsure about your trip, you can make the changes easily, by purchasing Flexibility Combo or Business Combo.
- Add Flexibility Combo to your reservation. It allows you to make unlimited date and time changes.
- You do not have to pay for any fare difference.
- There will be no additional charges to make changes in your reservation.
- With Business Combo, you will be allowed to upgrade your seat without any charges.
- You can hold fares for up to 24-hours.
- It allows you to make unlimited date and time changes.
Volaris Flight Change Fee
Volaris may charge a nominal fee for making changes in the itinerary outside the 24-hour risk-free period. The cost depends on the fare type, time of change, and route.
- Volaris charges $40 to make changes in domestic flights and $75 to make changes in international flights.
- If the passenger makes the changes 24-5 hours prior to the scheduled departure, the airline will charge $53 on domestic routes and $100 on international routes.
- Passengers with non-refundable tickets are required to pay 60% of the ticket value as change fee.
Steps to Change Volaris (Y4) Flight
There are three ways through which a passenger can make changes in their Volaris flight reservation.
- Visit https://www.volaris.com/
- Click on My Trips
- Enter the reservation code and passenger’s last name, then click Go to My Trips
- Select a date of travel as per your convenience
- Select Volaris flight which suits your schedule the best
- If any charges and fare difference applicable, then make the payment
- Once the airline approves your flight, you will receive a confirmation SMS or mail from the airline
- Call Volaris customer support number +1 866 988 3527
- Share the required details with Volaris customer support executive
- The executive will check your eligibility
- If you are eligible, make the payment
- Once the airline approves your flight change request, you will receive an SMS or mail from the airline
At Volaris Counter
- Visit Volaris counter at the airport
- Fill the change form with passenger’s name, age, departure date, departure city, and booking number
- Review your form and submit to on-site Volaris agent
- If you are eligible, the agent will ask you to pay a change fee and the fare difference (if applicable)
- You will receive the new ticket on the spot
Can I change my Volaris (Y4) flight without change fees?
Volaris (Y4) offers a free change fee if the changes are made within 24-hours of booking. After that, Volaris (Y4) flight change fee depends on the routes, and fare type.
How late can you change a Volaris (Y4) flight?
Volaris (Y4) permits its customers to modify their reservations for up to a certain period for urgent scenarios. Passengers traveling to domestic destinations must change the flight at least 5 hour prior to the scheduled departure of the original flight.
How much does it cost to change a Volaris (Y4) flight?
Volaris (Y4) change fee depends on the route you are traveling to. However, the change fee varies between $40 to $100.
What happens if my new flight costs less than my original flight?
If your new flight costs less than the original flight, then the remaining amount will be refunded as future travel credit.
How do I modify a reservation?
If you are eligible to make changes in your flight ticket, then you can do the same by visiting Volaris’s (Y4) official website and following the instructions. If you are unable to change the reservation online, you can call Volaris’s (Y4) customer support number.
How to change a non-refundable ticket?
If you have a non-refundable ticket and need to change the booking, you can do it free of charge only if the changes are made within 24-hours of booking. After the 24-hour window, the passenger must incur a change fee to make any changes in the booking.
Can I change my ticket, which was purchased from a third-party agent?
Volaris (Y4) doesn’t allow you to make changes on the tickets purchased from a third-party.
Can I change my Volaris (Y4) flight the same day?
Volaris (Y4) allows passengers to make the changes on the same-day of the flight’s scheduled departure. To make the same-day change, passengers must pay a nominal fee and fare difference if applicable.
Can I get my money back for the unwanted flight change?
If the airline asks you to change your flight because the original flight is overbooked, or is delayed then Volaris (Y4) will offer you an alternate flight. If the alternative flight doesn’t match with your schedule, you can claim for a refund.
How much is the name change charge of Volaris (Y4)
The name change charge of Volaris (Y4) varies between $0-$400, which depends on various factors, like- the time of change, fare types, routes, etc.
Volaris Airlines Popular Destinations
Volaris Airlines Popular Routes
- Cheap flights from Cancun to Orlando
- Cheap flights from Mexico to Oaxaca
- Cheap flights from New York to Fort Lauderdale
- Cheap flights from Chicago to Guadalajara
- Cheap flights from Oakland to Mexico City
- Cheap flights from Los Angeles to Dallas
- Cheap flights from Chicago to Morelia
- Cheap flights from Quito to Washington
- Cheap flights from Fort Lauderdale to Cali