Book Cheap Flights- Save Huge
About Singapore Airlines
Do you know what’s worse than pricey tickets on flights? Having to cancel those flights is extremely irksome when you have to continuously banter about refunds and compensation. And let’s not forget the hefty cancellation fees on top of it. Hence, it is always better to book your flight if you are sure about your trip or cancel as soon as you know you can’t make it to the trip to avoid paying a hefty amount as a cancellation fee. That’s why we have a comprehensive guide on Singapore Airlines Cancellation and refund policy to help you save your precious money and time.
Singapore Airlines is the flag carrier of the Republic of Singapore and operates across six continents. The Airline is famously known for being awarded the best Airlines in the world five times by Skytrax. Singapore Airlines has 75 international destinations in 32 countries and Singapore being its primary hub. Singapore Airlines has 156 aircrafts in its fleet and directly operates from Singapore Changi Airport, Singapore. The Airline is known to offer the best facilities on board and at the airport to the customers which includes a feasible check-in facility along with easy process for cancellation and refund under Singapore Airlines Cancellation policy.
Singapore Airlines Cancellation Policy
Singapore Airlines offers a feasible and convenient choice to cancel their flights. You can cancel your flight in case of certain circumstances and avoid paying cancellation fees.
- If you cancel your flight within 24 hours of booking the flight, you are eligible to receive a full refund.
- In case of a refundable ticket, you can cancel the ticket to receive full credit of the ticket excluding taxes in your original form of payment.
- In case of non-refundable tickets, only the refundable taxes will be refunded.
- If your flight has been cancelled by the airlines, you are eligible to receive full compensation or alternate flight against your booking, as per Singapore airlines cancellation policy.
Singapore Airlines 24 hours-Cancellation Policy
- According to this policy, you can cancel your flight within 24 hours of purchasing it as long as the reservation has been made 7 days prior to the scheduled departure.
- This policy allows you to receive full-refund against your booking without any extra cancellation fee.
- This policy applies to both refundable and non-refundable tickets to/from any destination.
Singapore Airlines Cancellation Policy For Refundable and Non-Refundable Tickets
- In case of refundable tickets, you can cancel them anytime to receive the amount of ticket minus the services taxes as refund.
- Along with the ticket, additional cost of baggage, seat selection or meal selection will also be refunded.
- However, Singapore cancellation policy is mostly applicable on tickets purchased from the official website of the airlines.
- In case of non-refundable tickets, you might receive partial refund which only includes refundable taxes.
- You can also receive partial airline vouchers in return for cancelling non-refundable tickets.
- These airline vouchers expire after one year from the date of issuance.
- You can also change your non-refundable ticket by paying change fee.
How to Cancel a Singapore Airlines Ticket?
It is fairly easy to cancel Singapore Airlines. There are several ways to cancel the flight either through an online method or you can opt for an offline method. As per Singapore Airlines cancellation and refund policy, every customer can manage and cancel their booking through their official website or app.
Singapore Airlines Flight Cancellation Through Website
- Visit the official website of the airlines.
- Login with your credentials and access your account.
- Select the “Singapore Airlines Manage Booking” Section.
- Enter your booking details to manage your itinerary.
- Now, add your PNR and last name to find your booking details.
- Search for your booking details and cancel your reservation.
- Follow the prompts on the screen to complete the cancellation process.
- Lastly, pay the cancellation fee if required and submit your cancellation request.
- You will receive confirmation of cancellation in your email.
Singapore Airlines Flight Cancellation via Customer Support
You can simply call the customer support number for Singapore Airlines cancellation. Upon calling, share your flight related details such as PNR, flight date and last name with the customer representative. You will receive a confirmed email regarding cancellation once the customer representative cancels your flight.
Singapore Airlines Flight Cancellation via Mobile App
Singapore Airlines offers every passenger the convenience to cancel their flight at their own convenience. Now, you can cancel the flight through a simple process on your phone through a mobile app.
- Download the official Singapore Airlines app from Apple Store or Google Play store.
- Login to your account with your credentials.
- Now,click on manage booking to proceed with cancellation.
- Add details like PNR, flight number to proceed with Singapore airlines cancellation and refund.
- Lastly, follow the prompt to cancel your flight and click on cancel.
- You will receive a confirmation email regarding cancellation.
Singapore Airlines Flight Cancellation at Airport
Another way to cancel a Singapore airline flight is to cancel the booking at the airport. Share your flight details with the Singapore airport staff to cancel your booking.
Singapore Airline Flight Cancellation Fee
In Singapore Airlines, the cancellation fee depends on the class of the ticket, not on the cabin class that you have purchased. If you cancel a Singapore Airlines flight outside the 24-hour free cancellation policy, the airline will charge you a cancellation fee. Apart from refundable tickets and award tickets, every class has a cancellation fee. Promo tickets are not refundable as well. The cost of Singapore flight cancellation fee are as follows:
There are additional charges on tickets in case of no-show in Singapore Airlines. In case, if you miss your flight, the airline will deduct the no-show fees from the original cost of the ticket and the rest of the amount will be credited to you in the original form of payment.
Singapore Airlines Delay and Cancelled Compensation
There are certain inevitable circumstances where airlines are forced to delay or cancel the flight. Singapore Airlines is not reliable for any Singapore airlines refund or compensation if your flight has been cancelled due to extreme weather conditions, ATC clearance, or government imposed restrictions. However, you are eligible to receive compensation if your flight has been cancelled or delayed due to technical fault, overbooking or staff shortage.
- In such a case, if your flight is delayed for more than 3 hours, you can cancel your flight to receive compensation.
- The airline allows you to cancel the tickets until 24 hours before scheduled flight departure.
- If the flight is delayed for more than 3 hours, the airline is responsible to arrange alternate flights to the same destination without additional cost.
- Singapore airlines delay compensation policy also provides rebooking services to all the affected passengers.
- Singapore airlines should notify every passenger at least 14 days before departure according to cancellation and refund policy.
- You can request a refund against your booking if your flight is cancelled with any prior notification.
- For flights flying less than or equal to 1,500 km, you are eligible to receive $325.
- For flights flying between 1,500 km to 3,500, you are eligible to receive compensation of $525.
For flights flying beyond 3,500km, you are eligible to receive maximum compensation of $725.
Singapore Airlines Refund Policy
The Singapore airline refund ensures flexibility and convenience for its passengers. If a flight has been cancelled or delayed, then the airline offers options to refunds or choose alternate flights to its customer. Passengers can request for full refund on their cancelled ticket and the airlines will process the ticket refund in the designated time.
- Tickets purchased from credit card or cash will be refunded within 7 business days after the submission of refund application.
- Tickets purchased by check will be refunded within 20 business days.
- If the airline cancels a flight or cannot operate a flight, then the airline will offer an alternate flight to your original destination as per Singapore flight refund policy.
- If you have missed your connecting flight due to a Singapore flight delay, then the refund amount will be fully refunded if the ticket is completely unused. Or the difference of fare will be credited to your account in case you have utilised a part of your fare.
How to Initiate Singapore Airlines Refund ?
You can request a refund via online method or you can call the customer care of the airlines.
- Go to the official website of Singapore Airlines.
- Click on Manage Booking to view your cancelled flight details.
- Enter the booking reference into the given field and click on cancel flight.
- Once your ticket is cancelled, proceed to click on the refund tab.
- Fill out the Singapore Airlines refund form and submit it.
- Once you submit the form, the airlines will send you an email with a link to track your refund status.
- Lastly, your refunded amount will be credited to you in the original form of payment either to debit or credit card.
What happens if my flight is delayed or cancelled?
Incase of any disruption, the airline will update you about the delay or cancellation beforehand. But if the airline fails to inform you, then you are eligible to receive a refund or alternate flight to your destination.
What is Singapore Airlines 's 24-hours cancellation policy?
The Singapore Airlines 24-hours cancellation policy guarantees that if the reservation has been made 7 days prior to scheduled departure, then you can cancel the booking within 24 hours to receive full refund without cancellation fee.
What is the Singapore Airlines customer service number?
+65 9184 8888 is the number which you can use to resolve your query related to baggage, cancellation, refund, special assistance, check-in lounge service.
What happens if Singapore Airlines cancels my flight ?
If your flight is cancelled by the airlines, then you can change the travel date without any change fee or you can request a refund for your unused ticket and extra services that you’ve purchased along with it.
What is Singapore Airlines Cancellation and Refund Policy?
Singapore Airlines offers a 24-hours no risk period in which you can cancel your booking given that it has been made 7 days prior to scheduled departure time. According to Singapore Airlines cancellation and refund policy, if you are cancelling within 24 hours of making the reservation, then you are eligible to receive a full refund without any additional cancellation fee.
How long does Singapore Airlines issue a refund?
It usually takes about 7 business days to refund the ticket purchased through cash or credit card and it takes 20 business days to refund tickets purchased from cheques.
Does Cancelling a flight give you a refund?
Singapore Airlines refund policy depends on the type of ticket you purchased rather than cabin class. If the ticket meets all the requirements then you will receive an amount as refund.
What happens if I cancel my flight on the day of departure?
As per Singapore Airlines cancellation policy, the airline allows you to cancel your booking 24 hours before the day of departure. You have to pay a cancellation fee, and the amount will depend on ticket class, reason, and many other factors.
How to get a refund with a non-refundable ticket?
To get a refund for a non-refundable ticket, you must cancel your booking within the specified time as per Singapore Airlines cancellation and refund policy. In case of non-refundable tickets, the airlines will offer a travel voucher against the ticket for future travel. However, this is only applicable in specific circumstances.
Can I request compensation if my flight is delayed?
You can claim compensation if your flight has been delayed for more than 3 hours. Also as per Singapore Airlines refund policy, if your flight is cancelled then also you are eligible to receive compensation ranging from $325 to $725 depending on the distance of your journey. You can also request for alternate flight in case your flight has been delayed for more than 3 hours or cancelled entirely.
Singapore Airlines Popular Destinations
Singapore Airlines Popular Routes
- Cheap flights from Sydney to Delhi
- Cheap flights from Hong Kong to New York
- Cheap flights from Hong Kong to Los Angeles
- Cheap flights from Singapore to Mumbai
- Cheap flights from Seattle to Singapore
- Cheap flights from New York to Hong Kong
- Cheap flights from Boston to Darwin
- Cheap flights from Mumbai to Sydney
- Cheap flights from Chicago to Brisbane